Magic Billboard - makes me smile

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by peachygreen, Feb 8, 2012.

1. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

They updated the billboard I can see from my office window this week.

Its a new DCL billboard and says Magic is now afloat in Texas. It shows the Magic being floated into Galveston by a bunch of UP type balloons. Then it has the DCL logo and says Disney Cruise Line on the bottom.

Its a very nice distraction from a stressful day to be able to look out my window and see the Magic.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kgoldenh

kgoldenh Mouseketeer

oh that is so awesome! What a great view you have. Wish that is what I could see from my window. :)

Kate

4. carmie3377

carmie3377 Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Ooh, where?!? I would love to see and snap a picture! We're in Pearland.

5. dato63

dato63 DIS Veteran

I saw one on 290, as I was driving home from work yesterday. I have to admit, it made me smile too. We plan to be on the Magic for Thanksgiving.

6. fatfish

fatfish DIS Veteran

Okay, then we need one of those billboards on the SW Freeway, too, to make me smile during my long, painful commute home. ;)

I may have to drive up 290 just to see the Magic billboard. :thumbsup2

Btw, we are also on the Thanksgiving cruise. :lovestruc

7. dato63

dato63 DIS Veteran

I will try to pay attention on the way home today, to see where on 290 it is. :)

Fatfish, I think as bad as the traffic is here, they should have a billboard like that on all the freeways. I look forward to meeting you in November!

8. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

Sounds like they reworked the one they used when the Wonder came to the west coast:

[​IMG]

:cutie:

9. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

This one is on 610 (W Loop North) between San Felipe and Post Oak just past the Woodway Exit.
    It is a great stess killer during the day.

10. m&p'smom

m&p'smom Mouseketeer

I haven't seen it yet!! That would make me want to be on a cruise even more...I am allready in withdrawels from having to cancel my last couple...Hoping I get to keep my Thanksgiving Cruise!

11. fatfish

fatfish DIS Veteran

That would be heading south on 610, correct? I'm in the Galleria, but all I see out my window is a parking lot. I may be too far south on 610 to see it even if I find a window that looks toward 610. :sad2:

12. RetroCOTfan

RetroCOTfan If you can dream it, you can do it.

I just saw this billboard on my way to work this morning. It's on southbound 121 in Frisco (north of Dallas). Great way to cheer up my drive this morning, and now I have something to look for every day!

13. Dallas_Lady

Dallas_Lady I only work for the vacation money

How crazy is it that now I'm going to drive that way just to see the billboard!?!?! Near what exit on 121?

14. Gina

Gina Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99

That is absolutely awesome. :goodvibes My folks live right by the Galleria, so I will be sure to look for it next time DS & I go visit them.

I'm glad you mentioned it, though, because if I just came upon it by surprise I think I would have been so dang excited I might have driven right off the Loop!! :laughing:

I'm going to have DS have his phone camera ready to snap a picture of the billboard.

15. nikkistevej

nikkistevej DIS Veteran

That is awesome!! i would love to stare at that all day at work. :cool1:

16. peachygreen

peachygreen DIS Veteran

Its on the northbound side directly across 610 from the Bently Dealership/Landry's building. I actually saw it driving home first and then realized I could see it from my office.
    I get a beautiful view each day of 610 traffic. But I do get to watch the Landry's Helicopter take off and land periodically.

17. Mickeyhugger

Mickeyhugger DIS Veteran

That Magic billboard is dangerous! I almost stopped in traffic this morning on the Dallas North Tollway. I was alone, and even then I said OMG out loud!:banana:

18. discruiser

discruiser DVC Member SSR-VB-AKV

We are in Friendswood, just down the road from Galveston. I wonder if we've got one on this side of town? Count us in on the Thanksgiving cruise, also. Can't wait! :cool1:

19. carmie3377

carmie3377 Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Thanks y'all for the locations of the signs. DD and I are heading up to Cypress on Saturday to see a friend. We'll keep an eye out for it! :thumbsup2

20. Gina

Gina Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99

Hey, where in Friendswood? I'm right on the Pearland/Friendswood line, right off 518. Wish we had one of those billboards somewhere down 45S!

21. fatfish

fatfish DIS Veteran

I saw it today! :cool1: I had to go to Target at lunch and I took a little detour on the way back to the office. ;) It looks cool! I wish I was on the ship right now... sigh....

Btw, Landry's has a helicopter???? :scared1: