Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour

You also need to note that the train is going to shut down around October for some heavy duty maintenance and upgrades. The shut down will last about 8 weeks.
Hope that this is of some help to you.

We're going in November and Me and my DS have tickets to Behind the Steam. Pappa Bear, I assume when you say "the train is going to shut down for heavy maintenance" you are just talking about one engine and the other 2 will still be operating, correct? I would have thought that if they weren't running any trains they would have mentioned it when I booked the tour.

I am surprised you were able to take pictures back there. We were told no pictures once we were back by the round house.

Nope we we were encouraged to take photos. The only time they said anything was when we went in and a modern jeep was parked on main street, they asked us not to put those up on social media.

I have a tour booked for my dh, we are staying onsite. Did the bus transportation run that early in the morning? Thanks!

I was at AS Movies when I went. You have to be at the MK gates no later than 7:15. The tour leaves promptly at 7:30 and you can't join the tour late. I was at the bus stop a little after 6 am as the first MK buses around 6:30. I figured if they was no bus at 6:30 I'd call a cab. Bus showed up around 6:15 and I was at the MK before 6:40. It was very cool.

image.jpg

Hanging out with the gardeners, K9 security, and janitorial staff at 6:45.

image.jpg

Sunrise at the front gates.

It is exciting to hear other's experiences. I booked this for dh and Ds 12 who is a train nut. We are staying offsite and MK now opens at 8am instead of 9am. At first we were told to park at the Contemporary and they should walk over. I called WDW to check on parking at MK and using the monorail and the CM said the lot wouldn't be open in time and the monorail wouldn be running yet. That doesn't seem right to me. Even if we weren't doing the tour I would want to be there around 7:15 for rope drop. I think I will call back and talk to another CM but anyone have experience with a 8am opening?

Go to the Contemporary and show them your confirmation # and they will direct you to the lot. That was given to me as one of my options (I was on site so didn't need to park but the reservation CM was giving me ALL my options) There was a couple of people on my tour who did this.

There used to be buses that ran from the MK lot to the park before the monorail starts running, but I've never used that option so maybe someone else has..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter