Magic Bands shipping question

AUTiger91

Earning My Ears
Our check in date is 2 weeks from today on April 11. We have not received our Magic Bands but other families traveling with us received theirs earlier in the week. It says on MDE site may ship anytime. Should I call to see the hold up or just wait anxiously?

TIA

It doesn't hurt to call. I would, just to make sure. No need to add any more anxiety before a trip. Good luck!!

I would definitely call to see. They are always mailed out 30 days before and you get them in your mailbox at the 26-28 day mark. Not having them 2 weeks out, I'd be a little concerned.

I agree with the above poster...if it were 2 weeks and I didn't have them, I'd check on them.

Definitely call. We check-in on April 19th and received our MBs yesterday.

I called Disney and because I go by my middle name and the reservation is in my first name it was put on hold. I did not know the names had to match for them to print the bands. It has my middle initial on the reservation but not my whole middle name. Disney had to manually release the bands to be printed and shipped.

I called Disney and because I go by my middle name and the reservation is in my first name it was put on hold. I did not know the names had to match for them to print the bands. It has my middle initial on the reservation but not my whole middle name. Disney had to manually release the bands to be printed and shipped.
That's interesting especially because you were able to book your FPs even though the names on the reservation did not exactly match the names in your MDE account?

Really? You read about so many people that use completely fake names on their MBs, that this seems like an odd reason. It almost seems like a made up excuse to cover up their own oopsie. I also hope it's not a reason for them to get held, because if that's the case, the name on my reservation doesn't match my band, nor does DH's. Only our 5 year old's reservation and band name match.

I think the OP was saying that the issue ended up being the discrepancy in names was on the reservation and MDE account. The name that you choose to put on the actual band does not have to match.

I always put a different nickname on my husband's band so it has turned into a game now when he opens the box. We are on our fourth set of bands and the name on the band has never matched or been an issue.

Ah ok. Makes much more sense...and still poses a problem for me. I guess we'll see whether my bands come in a few days.

Ah ok. Makes much more sense...and still poses a problem for me. I guess we'll see whether my bands come in a few days.
You can always edit names in MDE so they match up exactly with the names on the room reservation. If your MBs are still in the customization-mode, you still have time to edit.

We had no problems getting MBs customized as GoGo (Big Hero 6) and itinkso.

I believe some how it was a glitch and it was Disney's excuse about the name. I know everyone does not go by their first name. If it was the case as they say, they should have emailed me about the hold.

I was gonna say, all our MBs have made up names. Our status says it's been shipped and has a tracking #....yay!

Ours shows 'pre-shipping' whatever that is! We check in on 4/26, but we're driving cross country so we're leaving 4/16. Hope they get here in time!

UPDATE: Our Magic Bands arrived today 4/1. Disney must have put a rush on them. They were mailed 2 day priority.

I believe some how it was a glitch and it was Disney's excuse about the name. I know everyone does not go by their first name. If it was the case as they say, they should have emailed me about the hold.
Actually, it's not. This is a known issue and has been posted about on here quite a few times.

Well, I guess I should rephrase that. If it is a glitch and Disney makes up the reason as being about the names then that glitch happens a lot because they use that excuse often.

Now, it doesn't make any sense and is a stupid reason to hold up release of MB but I do think it is the reason they get held up.

Actually, it's not. This is a known issue and has been posted about on here quite a few times.

Well, I guess I should rephrase that. If it is a glitch and Disney makes up the reason as being about the names then that glitch happens a lot because they use that excuse often.

Now, it doesn't make any sense and is a stupid reason to hold up release of MB but I do think it is the reason they get held up.

Maybe it depends on the situation then. The situations the cause the hold up I do not know. I know someone that is going to WDW a week after us and using his middle name on his Magic Band but everything is booked in his first name. His family received their bands late last week without any problems. I do not understand.

Maybe it depends on the situation then. The situations the cause the hold up I do not know. I know someone that is going to WDW a week after us and using his middle name on his Magic Band but everything is booked in his first name. His family received their bands late last week without any problems. I do not understand.
Right. 2 different things I think.
You can use any name you want on the band but the name on the MDE account and the name on the reservation need to match. At least that's how I understand it. When the name on the MDE account and the name used for the reservation don't match it seems to halt the process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter