• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands...shipped and wasn't done customizing

kristin3

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I have a question about the Magic bands. We scheduled a last minute trip and I'm still working on reservations and customizing the bands. I thought that I had up to 5 days before the trip to customize the bands and they would be at the resort for pick up. I didn't customize them since I just planned on getting them at the resort. Now they shipped!! Am I stuck with these bands now or will my customized bands be at the resort?

Thanks,
Kristin

We are going 12/27 and had to have our bands customized by 11/26. I am not sure if you can buy different ones there and link them to your account instead of the ones they sent. You could try a coverband to change them. We have Winnie the Pooh covers for our bands.

I guess I don't get the customizing thing:confused3 when I looked customizing meant pick a color..... is there something I am missing?

I'm totally guessing but I think it's going to be too late for you to customize. From our last couple trips we had to be done customizing about a month ahead of our trip and got our bands several weeks ahead of time. You may be able to buy your own magicbands or decorate them with after market stuff but I would doubt they would give you a second free customized set at this point.

I guess I don't get the customizing thing:confused3 when I looked customizing meant pick a color..... is there something I am missing?

You pick a color and they print your name (or whatever word/nickname you ask for that fits) on the bottom.

I think you was personally to late, you only had to pick a colour and and add a name,....
you can buy a different band at the park if your not happy with the one you have,however once your at the resort there is nothing they can do to change your current bands to customised ones.

Hi,
I have a question about the Magic bands. We scheduled a last minute trip and I'm still working on reservations and customizing the bands. I thought that I had up to 5 days before the trip to customize the bands and they would be at the resort for pick up. I didn't customize them since I just planned on getting them at the resort. Now they shipped!! Am I stuck with these bands now or will my customized bands be at the resort?

Thanks,
Kristin

If you didn't do all the confirmation steps before these band were shipped, you should call as soon as possible to ask about customized bands.

But, if you confirmed your address regarding shipping your MBs, then that is why they shipped and you won't be able to ask for an additional set. You can buy themed and Limited Edition MagicBands in the parks and they will be linked to your MDE.

Thanks for your responses!
Ok, so it looks like I missed out on picking the colors and personalizing them. One more question,
Does anyone know if the ones they shipped will be colored or just gray?

Hi,

Thanks,
Kristin

Usually you have five days before ship date to customize your bands. But the trick is that the ship date is usually about 30 days before your check in date. So if your check in date is less than 30 days away because it was a last minute reservation, then the bands ship pretty fast. I'm not sure how that works when it goes to the resort instead of your home, but I'm sure that it still has to be shipped ahead of time since they don't customize them in Orlando.

We made a reservation that was less than 30 days out and we had two days to customize the bands. I was really glad that it was the first thing I did, before making ADR's and fp's.

Usually you have five days before ship date to customize your bands. But the trick is that the ship date is usually about 30 days before your check in date. So if your check in date is less than 30 days away because it was a last minute reservation, then the bands ship pretty fast. I'm not sure how that works when it goes to the resort instead of your home, but I'm sure that it still has to be shipped ahead of time since they don't customize them in Orlando.

We made a reservation that was less than 30 days out and we had two days to customize the bands. I was really glad that it was the first thing I did, before making ADR's and fp's.

I'm new to this whole magic band thing. They didn't have them the last time we went! I'm learning everything now but it's too late lol

Thanks for your responses!
Ok, so it looks like I missed out on picking the colors and personalizing them. One more question,
Does anyone know if the ones they shipped will be colored or just gray?

Gray if you didn't pick colors. They don't just assign colors to you. Despite having all of the colors, I still ended up buying the HM magic band (how could I resist ;)) and we received special Food and Wine MBs as part of the food and wine VIP package.

Has something changed ? I thought it you didn't customize your MBs ( choose color/add name ) in time that they don't ship the generic gray ones. That the MDX/MDE message would read " your MBs will be waiting at your resort " (which would be the generic gray bands) I mean why would they ship what they have 1,000s of at each resort ?

This is the message that has been just sitting in mine: which I just looked at :

Good news––your MagicBand package will be waiting for you at your Disney Resort hotel! Simply pick it up at the front desk when you arrive.

Because I don't customize each time and have been using my one and only since they came out in testing.
Each time I check in I just decline the gray and the box is put back in the pile for the next guest.

The MagicBands are shipped only after the address has been confirmed in the customization process. Either the MBs were shipped in error or the address was confirmed. If it were an error in the process, the OP should call.

Every resort has colored MBs for sale - I don't see why guests aren't given a choice at check-in.

The MagicBands are shipped only after the address has been confirmed in the customization process. Either the MBs were shipped in error or the address was confirmed. If it were an error in the process, the OP should call.

Every resort has colored MBs for sale - I don't see why guests aren't given a choice at check-in.

I think they probably will offer them at check-in eventually. Yes, if I were the OP I would definitely call.

Has something changed ? I thought it you didn't customize your MBs ( choose color/add name ) in time that they don't ship the generic gray ones. That the MDX/MDE message would read " your MBs will be waiting at your resort " (which would be the generic gray bands) I mean why would they ship what they have 1,000s of at each resort ?

This is the message that has been just sitting in mine: which I just looked at :

Good news––your MagicBand package will be waiting for you at your Disney Resort hotel! Simply pick it up at the front desk when you arrive.

Because I don't customize each time and have been using my one and only since they came out in testing.
Each time I check in I just decline the gray and the box is put back in the pile for the next guest.

That's what I thought that since I didn't customize them they would be at the resort. I guess apparently at some point I confirmed a shipping address so they shipped. I'm new to the Magic band thing so I don't really know what I'm doing lol

I guess I confirmed my address. I'm new to the Magic band thing. It's not a big deal. Just thought my kids would have liked colored bands with their names on them.

That's what I thought that since I didn't customize them they would be at the resort. I guess apparently at some point I confirmed a shipping address so they shipped. I'm new to the Magic band thing so I don't really know what I'm doing lol

Don't be hard on yourself, so much of this is new to all of us. I am curious though what you end up getting so please come back and let us know. I'm thinking you will be getting gray bands since you didn't pick a color and each persons name may actually be on the back of it...:confused3...who knows just a guess at this point.

Don't be hard on yourself, so much of this is new to all of us. I am curious though what you end up getting so please come back and let us know. I'm thinking you will be getting gray bands since you didn't pick a color and each persons name may actually be on the back of it...:confused3...who knows just a guess at this point.

It's fine. I just wished I had known how it all worked. I know the kids would have liked colored bands with their names on them. But we never had the bands before so they really don't know any different lol. They should be here on Saturday, so I will let you know! Thanks for your help.

It's fine. I just wished I had known how it all worked. I know the kids would have liked colored bands with their names on them. But we never had the bands before so they really don't know any different lol. They should be here on Saturday, so I will let you know! Thanks for your help.

The name is in the inside, it'll never be seen other than when you have them off. Maybe treat them to one of those MB decorations to customize them? Disney probably will just put in the first name of each person on the band so you can tell who's band belongs to who

The name is in the inside, it'll never be seen other than when you have them off. Maybe treat them to one of those MB decorations to customize them? Disney probably will just put in the first name of each person on the band so you can tell who's band belongs to who

Yes, good idea. I can get them MB decorations, thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter