Magic Bands question

Sun Lover

Mouseketeer
We have a reservation at the Dolphin coming up and I was told we don't get complimentary Magic Bands but we can purchase them at the hotel. Is it true that if we're staying at the Dolphin and we buy the bands, the bands cannot be used to buy food and/or gifts and also cannot be used as our room key? Someone told me that Dolphin guests are not eligible for those perks. If that's the case, would it even be worth it to get the Magic Bands?

Well you can link your magic bands for Disney Park Admission, Fast Passes, and Photo Pass. That would be a plus unless you want to use the card you get.

Is it true that if we're staying at the Dolphin and we buy the bands, the bands cannot be used to buy food and/or gifts and also cannot be used as our room key?
Yes, this is true.
If that's the case, would it even be worth it to get the Magic Bands?
I say its worth it to get them for the seamless integration of PhotoPass. Some rides don't have a touch-point to claim a photo, and the only way the photo gets associated with your account is the long-range RFID component of the band that links the photo to you MDE account. Even if you don't plan to buy the picture/video, they're nice to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter