Magic Bands question

mickeys friend

DIS Veteran
What colors do we have to pick from on our Magic Bands? We are booked with a TA and this is the first time we will be using the Magic Bands and would like to know about the colors before I request anything from her.If this isn't the place to ask this,feel free to move it. Also does the 2 year old get a band since she is free? Any help would be great.We will be traveling with a family of 9,so woud also love to see any pictures of how you make your band customized too.

What colors do we have to pick from on our Magic Bands? We are booked with a TA and this is the first time we will be using the Magic Bands and would like to know about the colors before I request anything from her.If this isn't the place to ask this,feel free to move it. Also does the 2 year old get a band since she is free? Any help would be great.We will be traveling with a family of 9,so woud also love to see any pictures of how you make your band customized too.
Even though you book thru a travel agent, you have control of your magic bands (colors and shipping info) thru the My Disney Experience app.

All the customization is done through the My Disney Experience website or the My Disney Experience app, referred to as MDE on here. You can do it all yourself. Your TA doesn't have to do it. THe only customization you can pick is color and what gets engraved on the underside. Unless you mean decorations- that's something different. People personalize their bands a multitude of ways. Search the threads and you'll find lots of posts or google it and pics will come up. The colors are gray, yellow, blue, pink, orange, green and red. You can change your mind and switch colors or engraving up to about the 30 day mark. It will say on the app...
Hope that helps! Enjpy!

Everyone on your reservation gets a MagicBand, even a toddler age 2. You can remove the outside gray edging to make the overall MagicBand smaller. Some people trim a band that's too long, then use a file to smooth the cut edge. Add a new hole yourself for that tiny wrist. Search MagicBandits and MagicSliders for Disney add-ons to your MagicBand (see link below). There are also MagicBand skins that Disney and 3rd parties sell to change the overall look. Here's the current colors:
MagicBand Colors.jpg

Customizing items from Disney: http://www.disneystore.com/magicband/mn/1024701/

you also tell them a name so you can tell them apart that way too.... a fake name is generally used

you also tell them a name so you can tell them apart that way too.... a fake name is generally used

Why a fake name? We just used are regular names. With our large group it would be too hard to come up with and remember fake names. :-D

Why a fake name? We just used are regular names. With our large group it would be too hard to come up with and remember fake names. :-D
It's all in fun. You ask the MagicBand wearer what name they want for the MagicBand & what color band. Maybe they choose a Disney Character or Star Wars Character. They can make up anything. You select the choices in the MDE account. No one from Disney or your travel group will see it. It's on the back side of the MagicBand for the wearer to identify his/her band. Say two or three people in your group choose the same color. The name/nickname helps distinguish which MagicBand belongs to whom.

Last edited:
It's all in fun. You ask the MagicBand wearer what name they want for the MagicBand & what color band. Maybe they choose a Disney Character or Star Wars Character. They can make up anything. You select the choices in the MDE account. No one from Disney or your travel group will see it. It's on the back side of the MagicBand for the wearer to identify his/her band. Say two or three people in your group choose the same color. The name/nickname helps distinguish which MagicBand belongs to whom.
Actually some of the scanners show the name. I noticed it on our last trip. We normally use our real names but we didn't on our AP bands. DH has Go Vols on his. DGD has Go Eagles on hers and mine says Snow. I glanced at the display after scanning for a FP and those names are what was displayed. It even have our celebration that was noted on the reservation

Actually some of the scanners show the name. I noticed it on our last trip. We normally use our real names but we didn't on our AP bands. DH has Go Vols on his. DGD has Go Eagles on hers and mine says Snow. I glanced at the display after scanning for a FP and those names are what was displayed. It even have our celebration that was noted on the reservation
I wondered about that at first. Then DisBoards posters said the FP readers didn't read the MB names. You told your story, and I believe you. Maybe system upgrades changed what appears on the FP readers??? :confused3

I wondered about that at first. Then DisBoards posters said the FP readers didn't read the MB names. You told your story, and I believe you. Maybe system upgrades changed what appears on the FP readers??? :confused3
Could be. Strangest part was different rides showed different things even though we used the same bands the entire week. Some showed our real names and some didn't show the celebration. I didn't look at all of them either.

Could be. Strangest part was different rides showed different things even though we used the same bands the entire week. Some showed our real names and some didn't show the celebration. I didn't look at all of them either.
That could be the difference between "Version !" FP reader at one place and "Version 2" FP reader at another. I know from work that seemingly similar computers could have different "technology age" and contain different version software.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter