Magic bands lost in the mail. How long to wait?

Spoiledraf

Mouseketeer
We have 11 people going with three reservations so we have three sets of bands to three separate homes coming. Two arrived promptly on Friday. Set three seems to have lost its way and is no longer being tracked since it hit York Pa. How long would you wait before calling for a replacement set? Being a retired UPS man, I know some crazy things can happen, but I also know packages can have labels destroyed or the package itself destroyed and end up in package heaven. We leave in three weeks. Suggestions???

I would say if there is absolutely no package movement over the course of 2-3 business days you should call. I know sometimes scans get missed, but not at EVERY stop. 2-3 days is my threshold on any item I'm waiting for. If it stops moving I start worrying.

I'm assuming this is USPS because this doesn't usually happen with UPS or Fedex. I would go ahead and call because it's been 3 business days. USPS isn't very helpful at tracking packages that showed movement and then suddenly didn't. It doesn't necessarily mean the package is lost but it can take a long time to reach the delivery address, so it's faster to call Disney to resend. If it's UPS or Fedex, I would give them a call today to put a trace on the package. They're pretty quick at providing an update. If they can't give you a good answer, call Disney.

How long has there been no tracking? That's the key; not where it was last tracked. What was the original estimate given in the shipment email?

This sort of thing totally happens with non USPS, and traces do very little in reality. I used to be on the merchant side of things and with any of this shoppers tracking is not actually part of the service you pay for.

MBs are indeed sent by usps, but to think that the other shippers don't have this happen is just silly when you've seen what I've seen.

I'm still in fulfillment and have been for years. I was assuming spoiledraf posted because the package is past the expected delivery date and worried as it no longer shows movement. With Fedex and UPS, in my experience, typically you don't see no movement for 3 business days past the delivery date. Whereas, I have seen this numerous times with USPS. I've had lost/delayed packages before with UPS and FedEx and found calling to be helpful. With USPS, I often find calling is a lost cause compared to UPS/Fedex.

Pkg has not moved since noon saturday. It's coming USPS via a 2nd party carrier. It has not reached the USPS point of delivery office. I'm retired UPS so I'm familiar with what can and does happen.
I called Disney and they said wait til Monday then call for replacement. We actually have two reservations so we have two sets coming. But I want them both.

Pkg has not moved since noon saturday. It's coming USPS via a 2nd party carrier. It has not reached the USPS point of delivery office. I'm retired UPS so I'm familiar with what can and does happen.
I called Disney and they said wait til Monday then call for replacement. We actually have two reservations so we have two sets coming. But I want them both.

I feel like this is what has happened to ours as well...it was tracking up until Harrisburg, PA Sunday (1am), then haven't gotten a tracking update since. I'm concerned it is now lost since the estimated arrival date I got via email from Disney was 8/29-8/31 :sad1:

I tried to wait until today, but looks like I'll have to call Disney now :sad2:

Mine sat in PA for about 3/4 days before finally tracking again. Just for comparison

That's very helpful to know! I've also read USPS is just terrible at updating (why even bother offering it!). Will give it another day before calling Disney since we will be there in 22 days!

My bands were held in York Pa for about 3days before finally getting here in MA.... It was also delivered after the estimated delivery dates.

Mine sat in PA for about 3/4 days before finally tracking again. Just for comparison
Interesting. Mine left York (partner facility) the same day it arrived, arrived in Harrisburg (USPS facility) a couple of hours later, on a Friday. There was no tracking of when it left Harrisburg, but it arrived in Massachusetts Sunday afternoon and was delivered Monday.

Karma, I guess. I wouldn't have been surprised or upset if it had stayed in Harrisburg the entire weekend.

Mine also sat in York Pa for 2-3 days. Then suddenly it was out for deliver in my NJ hometown. It seems like they weren't scanned and updated, even though they were on the move. It took 6 days from they day it shipped.

We have movement! Same as many above. Stalled in York Pa. Made it to Warrendale Pa. today. Says expected delivery on Tuesday. That's 12 days from Tennessee????
Oddly, these bands for my son are 12 days and mine were here in two! He lives 4 miles from me and gets delivered out of the same post office.
USPS should be concerned about the York facility. Having worked in the shipping business with UPS over 40 years, I know consistent poor performance would not be acceptable and heads would roll. Once in a while is a mistake. Repeated delays is a lack of quality management.

That's very helpful to know! I've also read USPS is just terrible at updating (why even bother offering it!). Will give it another day before calling Disney since we will be there in 22 days!
I checked a box for automatic text messages of any movement. At dinner tonight I got two text messages from USPS. BOTH WITHIN MINUTES OF ITS SCAN!! I thought that was pretty cool. But I don't have those bands in my hands just yet so the glass is still half empty.

We have movement! Same as many above. Stalled in York Pa. Made it to Warrendale Pa. today. Says expected delivery on Tuesday. That's 12 days from Tennessee????
Oddly, these bands for my son are 12 days and mine were here in two! He lives 4 miles from me and gets delivered out of the same post office.
USPS should be concerned about the York facility. Having worked in the shipping business with UPS over 40 years, I know consistent poor performance would not be acceptable and heads would roll. Once in a while is a mistake. Repeated delays is a lack of quality management.
York is the "shipping partner" facility, at least for my routing. It didn't indicate USPS until it got to Harrisburg, though I have no idea who's responsible for transit on that leg. But if it was stuck at the partner's York facility, that's their fault, not the USPS's.

My bands were held in York Pa for about 3days before finally getting here in MA.... It was also delivered after the estimated delivery dates.

Mine also sat in York Pa for 2-3 days. Then suddenly it was out for deliver in my NJ hometown. It seems like they weren't scanned and updated, even though they were on the move. It took 6 days from they day it shipped.

Spot on! Ours "sat" (i.e. no scans since) in Harrisburg since Sunday at 1:25am, and FINALLY arrived in our state late last night, so it seems like 3-4 days of flying off the radar is accurate.

I checked a box for automatic text messages of any movement. At dinner tonight I got two text messages from USPS. BOTH WITHIN MINUTES OF ITS SCAN!! I thought that was pretty cool. But I don't have those bands in my hands just yet so the glass is still half empty.

Me too! Got a text late last night and was shocked they arrived in our state AND quickly this morning at our local USPS! Just got another two texts back to back that it arrived and had been sorted, so now they are on the truck and out for delivery as of this morning! :dogdance: Sigh of relief, for now...

Spot on! Ours "sat" (i.e. no scans since) in Harrisburg since Sunday at 1:25am, and FINALLY arrived in our state late last night, so it seems like 3-4 days of flying off the radar is accurate.

Me too! Got a text late last night and was shocked they arrived in our state AND quickly this morning at our local USPS! Just got another two texts back to back that it arrived and had been sorted, so now they are on the truck and out for delivery as of this morning! :dogdance: Sigh of relief, for now...
Yay!!! So I excited for you... What are your dates again?

Ditto on all of the above. Just got another text. Delivered at/in mailbox! Life is good again. Now if we can keep the Hurricanes away from 9/23-9/28 I'll be very happy.

Yay!!! So I excited for you... What are your dates again?

Thanks! We will be there 9/23-10/1! :yay:

Ditto on all of the above. Just got another text. Delivered at/in mailbox! Life is good again. Now if we can keep the Hurricanes away from 9/23-9/28 I'll be very happy.

Looks like our bands were on the same schedule! Just got the delivered at/in mailbox as well. Now if only I have them in my hands...:rolleyes2

Hoping the hurricanes stay away that week as well! After all the talk the last two months in the weather threads about there not being a hurricane for years, it seems like FL was due for one and now, here it it... o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter