Magic Bands info for the new test dates in August

Apparently, my daughter and I are the only two people in the world to actually choose grey. I guess we're just boring. ;)

No, you're ICONIC.

superstar.gif

I'm going to go all politically incorrect here, but I'm going to say that they wanted to include girly pink (every girl wants pink, doesn't she? :scared: ), so they simply took ROYGBIV and substituted pink for purple (violet), and gray for indigo since nobody knows what indigo really looks like.

I only picked pink because neither of my girls wanted it. I did get green for the first half of our trip.

I've had my bands all week, but today I got my official email and letter! This trip feels more real everyday! I was just waiting for that letter so that I would be "sure" and now I'm even more excited to test!

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered already..but there are just too many pages for me to read through tonight.

Are all guests at the test resorts eligible or just select guests? We are staying at Bay Lake Towers Starting August 24th for 7 nights.

Thanks

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered already..but there are just too many pages for me to read through tonight.

Are all guests at the test resorts eligible or just select guests? We are staying at Bay Lake Towers Starting August 24th for 7 nights.

Thanks

As far as we know, only CR is a part of the August test, not BLT. The resorts appear to be CR, YC, and POP for check ins 8/2-8/25. There have been some anomalies, but not many.

ETA: AKL - Jambo house is also included.

I'm a cast member at one of the test resorts, and I was told by my manager that any guest checking into a test resort (not the DVC areas like BLT and Kidani though) during the month of August is eligible! Also, if the test goes well it may extend into September.

I've had my bands all week, but today I got my official email and letter! This trip feels more real everyday! I was just waiting for that letter so that I would be "sure" and now I'm even more excited to test!

Was it on your 17 day window? That seems to be the day when folk are receiving the test invite letter.

I'm a cast member at one of the test resorts, and I was told by my manager that any guest checking into a test resort (not the DVC areas like BLT and Kidani though) during the month of August is eligible! Also, if the test goes well it may extend into September.

This does seem to be the case as we booked a 1 night stay at POP yesterday morning and I was instantly able to log into MDE and customize my bands and they are now set to be shipped.

I have not been able to link tickets yet though so maybe once the new bands are set as active we can do that. I still need to book another room since we have 6 in the family but I'm waiting see how quickly the bands arrive and if we are able to link tickets at all before booking the 2nd room.

Is a same day FP+ an option? Is it in addition to the passes already chosen or do you need an open slot to do this?

Yes to both. You need a open slot. You can swap out FP+ same day if need be.

As far as we know you'll need an open slot. Currently there aren't any FP+ dining options, so we have NO idea how that will work in reality.

Same here. I've clicked on it, but it still doesn't show up as an option.

Maybe they'll be turning it on as an option later? If so, I wonder when... I'm guessing those will go fast!

I'm sure they will! That's why I keep checking. I'd much rather have a lunch FP+ at BOG than Wishes/Fantastmic/IllumiNations or parades!

I just received our official email invitation for the testing. Today is 17 days before we arrive. We've had our bands since Monday.

I just received our official email invitation for the testing. Today is 17 days before we arrive. We've had our bands since Monday.

Great news! I'm still curious what would have happened if I hadn't customized and waited until I get the email invite (which I'm expecting on Wed/Thurs next week). Since my window to customize was only two days when I logged in on the 16th, I wonder if I would've just gotten grey had I waited.

Great news! I'm still curious what would have happened if I hadn't customized and waited until I get the email invite (which I'm expecting on Wed/Thurs next week). Since my window to customize was only two days when I logged in on the 16th, I wonder if I would've just gotten grey had I waited.

The email that arrived today says we have until August 3rd to customize bands. That's 10 days before our arrival at CR.

The email that arrived today says we have until August 3rd to customize bands. That's 10 days before our arrival at CR.

No, I understand that. I'm just saying that when I logged in - without any email, etc - it said I only had two days to customize. There's no way to know, but I wonder if it would have been 'reset' when they sent the email or if I just would have gotten grey. Like I said, there's no way to know, just a curiosity.

No, I understand that. I'm just saying that when I logged in - without any email, etc - it said I only had two days to customize. There's no way to know, but I wonder if it would have been 'reset' when they sent the email or if I just would have gotten grey. Like I said, there's no way to know, just a curiosity.

Mine said that too. That I needed to hurry because they might ship at any time.

Well I booked yesterday afternoon, logged into MDE right after and I was able to customize bands, clicked done, today I cannot change the bands and it says shipping soon. I just got the email inviting us to test and right after another email reminding me to customizing our bands. So ours came super quickly.

It did say I had until Monday to customize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter