Magic Bands info for the new test dates in August

Sounds like non testers are getting hosed in August. Not only is it a very busy time, at least the first half, but they will also be dealing with a significantly large group of people that can take all the E-ticket FPs before they even enter the park. Unless Disney is not offering many E-ticket FP+s.

I haven't seen any testers say what they have chosen. If they are just testing the system, and you still get normal FP, they really should be limiting what's available, if not even offering some folks only the lesser rides, to get them to choose them. Otherwise, will the low end rides even get tested?

Jason

When I selected mine, I could pick from any/all the rides that have paper fast passes and also reserved viewing areas for parades and for Wishes and Illuminations. I selected ToT, TSMM and Star Tours in DHS and Soarin, TT and Mission Space in Epcot. I would hope that they know how many FP+ passes are being selected and limit them somehow. If not, when they roll this out everywhere you'll have to make your selections the first day you're eligible in order to get what you want.

I would hope that they know how many FP+ passes are being selected and limit them somehow.

I can confirm they are limiting them, at least somewhat. If I go to change the time on a TSMM FP+ reservation, I am only seeing a few options, rather than a range across the entire day.

Sounds like non testers are getting hosed in August. Not only is it a very busy time, at least the first half, but they will also be dealing with a significantly large group of people that can take all the E-ticket FPs before they even enter the park. Unless Disney is not offering many E-ticket FP+s.

I haven't seen any testers say what they have chosen. If they are just testing the system, and you still get normal FP, they really should be limiting what's available, if not even offering some folks only the lesser rides, to get them to choose them. Otherwise, will the low end rides even get tested?

Jason

I think the ratio of testers is very very small. I don't think it will effect fp- in anyway at this point. We are there for 17 days. Our first arrival day we plan on nothing. Then we leave for a cruise. So even 12 day we are in the disney we are going tot he parks 7 days. The rest will be spent at the WP's.

Here is mine

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Kilimanjaro Safaris® 9:00 - 10:00 am
Kali River Rapids® 10:20 - 11:20 am
Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain® 1:00 - 2:00 pm
View on My Plans
Update

Sunday, August 25, 2013 - Disney's Hollywood Studios®
Toy Story Midway Mania! 6:55 - 7:55 pm
Fantasmic! 7:55 - 8:20 pm
Star Tours® - The Adventures Continue 9:00 - 10:00 pm
View on My Plans
Update

Monday, August 26, 2013 - Epcot®
Soarin'® 10:10 - 11:10 am
Mission: SPACE® 12:55 - 1:55 pm
Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet® 1:55 - 2:55 pm
View on My Plans
Update

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 - Magic Kingdom® Park
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® 9:00 - 10:00 am
Splash Mountain® 10:00 - 11:00 am
Enchanted Tales with Belle 12:00 - 1:00 pm
Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid 1:00 - 2:00 pm
View on My Plans
Update

Thursday, August 29, 2013 - Epcot®
Mission: SPACE® 3:40 - 4:40 pm
Test Track® Presented by Chevrolet® 4:45 - 5:45 pm
Soarin'® 6:25 - 7:25 pm
View on My Plans
Update

Friday, August 30, 2013 - Magic Kingdom® Park
Peter Pan's Flight® 11:50 - 12:50 pm
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin® 12:50 - 1:50 pm
Space Mountain® 1:50 - 2:50 pm
Wishes nighttime spectacular 8:35 - 8:55 pm
View on My Plans
Update

Sunday, September 01, 2013 - Disney's Hollywood Studios®
Star Tours® - The Adventures Continue 10:25 - 11:25 am
Toy Story Midway Mania! 12:00 - 1:00 pm
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 1:35 - 2:35 pm
View on My Plans

From what I've seen, the test is ending August 25, so I'm guessing you have to arrive prior to, or by that date to participate.

Just asking... how do you know that? I think I missed seeing a date. From Kelly's post, I guess they'll be running the test after August 25th. :confused3

Just asking... how do you know that? I think I missed seeing a date. From Kelly's post, I guess they'll be running the test after August 25th. :confused3

I have heard conflicting on this some say the 25th and some say the 27th it ends.

I think the ratio of testers is very very small. I don't think it will effect fp- in anyway at this point. We are there for 17 days. Our first arrival day we plan on nothing. Then we leave for a cruise. So even 12 day we are in the disney we are going tot he parks 7 days. The rest will be spent at the WP's.

Here is mine

View on My Plans
Update

View on My Plans
Update

View on My Plans
Update

View on My Plans
Update

View on My Plans
Update

View on My Plans
Update

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror" 1:35 - 2:35 pm
View on My Plans

Hey Kelly. When did you get the option to order an magic band?

Kelly, how did get to schedule 4 FP+ attractions at MK?

Did you have to try the suggested "magic ways" to get the surprise FP and then change after or were you just given four?

Kelly, how did get to schedule 4 FP+ attractions at MK?

Did you have to try the suggested "magic ways" to get the surprise FP and then change after or were you just given four?

No magic ways here. I did only have 3 the first time I did the fp+. Then after a couple of days more options were showing up for FP+. I went and swapped them all out then was given the bonus for POTC. I will say I basically dumped all my old FP+ options out and started again.

Jason

I have been told there will be full access to regular fastpass.

With that in mind, most of my fastpass+ selections are attractions that get very busy in mid afternoon but don't offer traditional fastpass, such as Haunted Mansion, Enchanted Tales with Belle and nighttime shows.

UPS just dropped off our Magic Bands! I never received an email saying we were in the test group, I logged into MDE and saw the pop up saying to customize them. I wasn't sure if we were really selected, but did it anyway. Did it all on Sunday and my bands were delivered today.

We're staying at Pop Aug 14th-23rd.

Oh, and I did online check in yesterday to get it out of the way. Not sure if that made a difference in the speedy delivery.

KELLY said:

Here is mine

View on My Plans
Update

View on My Plans
Update

View on My Plans
Update

View on My Plans
Update

View on My Plans
Update

View on My Plans
Update

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ 1:35 - 2:35 pm
View on My Plans

We are in the parks in aug too... sadly not on the test. No way will we be able to do as many rides as you each day if you can pull regular fps too. Good luck to you on the test.... wish it was us :-(

We are in the parks in aug too... sadly not on the test. No way will we be able to do as many rides as you each day if you can pull regular fps too. Good luck to you on the test.... wish it was us :-(

It's only 3 extra rides. Really not that big of a deal.

UPS just dropped off our Magic Bands! I never received an email saying we were in the test group, I logged into MDE and saw the pop up saying to customize them. I wasn't sure if we were really selected, but did it anyway. Did it all on Sunday and my bands were delivered today.

We're staying at Pop Aug 14th-23rd.

Oh, and I did online check in yesterday to get it out of the way. Not sure if that made a difference in the speedy delivery.

We're there Aug 14-23 too!! And we are part of the test package too.

Last week I want to say Tuesday. They arrived yesterday.

Did it give you shipping info on the website or in an e-mail? Yesterday my bands said "shipping soon" today it says they are "active". I guess they are coming soon? I never got an e-mail or pop-up but was able to customize our bands when I went to check it out after reading on Dis. We have 26 days until we are at POP.

image_zpse418637a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Katie

Has anyone had trouble lately with the "copy fast pass" function? I have been trying to copy my fast passes on to the account of one last person with whom we are traveling and it keeps telling me to "try back later". All was fine until yesterday afternoon. :confused3 Thanks.

It's only 3 extra rides. Really not that big of a deal.

Well, since it's not 3 extra rides, but pretty much ONLY 3 rides without standby, it's a HUGE deal.

Unless you want to believe those that say not many will use it. Which is hard to beleive seeing how TSMM, Soarin, and the mountains go. Oh, and RSR at DL. Yeah, the public really hasn't figured out the FP system yet, by and large.:confused3

Jason

Well, since it's not 3 extra rides, but pretty much ONLY 3 rides without standby, it's a HUGE deal.

Unless you want to believe those that say not many will use it. Which is hard to beleive seeing how TSMM, Soarin, and the mountains go. Oh, and RSR at DL. Yeah, the public really hasn't figured out the FP system yet, by and large.:confused3

Jason

I really can't understand your post, I'm sorry.

Someone was complaining about double dipping which basically means testers get an extra 3 rides each day. Not a big deal in the scheme of things. Your reply doesn't match the quote. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter