Magic Bands info for the new test dates in August

I had to go back and see what I had responded to...

But I rescind my previous supposition given than in the last 4 days we've gotten diametrically opposed (and everything in between) responses from CMs about FP+/FP combo use during the upcoming tests, that there is no way to know if any of it is true... :)

LOL! You have to forgive me....I was studying for my Fantasy league and was busy last week ;) Seriously, DH and I were at WDW last week and I came home to my 18 year old jumping up and down that he was invited to test MB for his trip 8-6--8-13 and my DD grumping, age 22 because she is going at the same time staying at WL and can't participate. So after dealing with sibling rivalry...does that ever go away :confused3...I am trying to re-group and figure this whole thing out.

I have to speak to the internet help desk again. Not that any information received is solid until it actually happens. But they told me that he is going to get a KTTW card at check in...in addition to his Magic Band. I'd insist on having them call over to the Pop, but I don't think the test started there yet so that would be useless.

I've attempted to read through all 32 pages of this thread, but may have missed this so don't shot me if i did!

I'm staying at POP Aug 21-24.

That said, do I have to link my Undercover Tourist tickets to my reservation to be able to select my FP+ times. I've already customized by bands, so i assume i'm eligible to participate in the FP+ test.

However, i'm skeptical about attaching my UT tickets as i want to upgrade them to APs when we arrive. Any thoughts?

Anyone from the UK taking part in these tests in August?

I'm from the UK and staying at the Yacht club for 19 days from the 26th August for my honeymoon. I'm assuming as my trip goes into September I won't be eligible.

I've attempted to read through all 32 pages of this thread, but may have missed this so don't shot me if i did!

That said, do I have to link my Undercover Tourist tickets to my reservation to be able to select my FP+ times. I've already customized by bands, so i assume i'm elegible ot participate in the FP+ test.

However, i'm skeptical about attaching my UC tickets as i want to upgrade them to APs when we arrive. Any thoughts?

I have 2-day tickets linked to my account, and am also planning on upgrading to AP. Currently, I can make FP+ reservations for the 2 days I have tickets, but I won't be able to make any more reservations until I get my AP.

I've been assured (ha-ha) that I should be able to use my Magic Band to enter the park with my current tickets attached, and then can upgrade and link the AP to my account/band. However, they couldn't be 100% sure that the FP+ reservations I have now will transfer to the AP.

I have 2-day tickets linked to my account, and am also planning on upgrading to AP. Currently, I can make FP+ reservations for the 2 days I have tickets, but I won't be able to make any more reservations until I get my AP.

I've been assured (ha-ha) that I should be able to use my Magic Band to enter the park with my current tickets attached, and then can upgrade and link the AP to my account/band. However, they couldn't be 100% sure that the FP+ reservations I have now will transfer to the AP.

Thanks for the info! When are you going? You can be my test dummy...:rolleyes1:thumbsup2

That said, do I have to link my Undercover Tourist tickets to my reservation to be able to select my FP+ times. I've already customized by bands, so i assume i'm eligible to participate in the FP+ test.

However, i'm skeptical about attaching my UT tickets as i want to upgrade them to APs when we arrive. Any thoughts?

So I decided to call the MDE IT support and see what they had to say. They said that I could attach the tickets and then be able to upgrade them once i got into the park. HOWEVER, they advised against this since my current reservation is using an AP discount. If i was to attach the UT tickets rather than an AP, it could impact the reservation and/or would be a hassle to pull the UT tickets off and replace with the APs.

The lady i spoke to was very nice and quite knowledgeable (she just finished her own test of FP+), and really seemed to have my best interest at heart. She said that while it would be possible to attach UT tickets and then switch out for APs it might be more of a headache than we'd want to deal with as everything is still in testing. She flat out said anything out of the ordinary, such as this, which take more time and she didn't think we'd want to spend the first 30-45 minutes of our trip in guest services trying to sort out any bugs, and then potentially again at the hotel.

She also said that since it is in a limited test most of the FP+ will likely still be available when we got there and for our 3 other days AND we'd still have our AP Pass if we wanted to use traditional FP. You did read the last part correctly, she is 100% certain- and confirmed with two colleagues on the phone as i listened- that everyone testing in August will have some form of non-magic band media (i.e. AP, KTTWC, etc.) that can be use in the traditional FP machines.

Hope this helps!

....You did read the last part correctly, she is 100% certain- and confirmed with two colleagues on the phone as i listened- that everyone testing in August will have some form of non-magic band media (i.e. AP, KTTWC, etc.) that can be use in the traditional FP machines.

Hope this helps!

For testers like me, who've been bouncing from thread to thread for the skinny on double dipping, this is very helpful info...hopefully in another week or so we'll get actual confirmation from some early testers. Thanks for your post!

So I decided to call the MDE IT support and see what they had to say. They said that I could attach the tickets and then be able to upgrade them once i got into the park. HOWEVER, they advised against this since my current reservation is using an AP discount. If i was to attach the UT tickets rather than an AP, it could impact the reservation and/or would be a hassle to pull the UT tickets off and replace with the APs.

The lady i spoke to was very nice and quite knowledgeable (she just finished her own test of FP+), and really seemed to have my best interest at heart. She said that while it would be possible to attach UT tickets and then switch out for APs it might be more of a headache than we'd want to deal with as everything is still in testing. She flat out said anything out of the ordinary, such as this, which take more time and she didn't think we'd want to spend the first 30-45 minutes of our trip in guest services trying to sort out any bugs, and then potentially again at the hotel.

She also said that since it is in a limited test most of the FP+ will likely still be available when we got there and for our 3 other days AND we'd still have our AP Pass if we wanted to use traditional FP. You did read the last part correctly, she is 100% certain- and confirmed with two colleagues on the phone as i listened- that everyone testing in August will have some form of non-magic band media (i.e. AP, KTTWC, etc.) that can be use in the traditional FP machines.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the update. I've talked to a couple of people in MDE Tech Support, and they've been more knowledgable than other CM's, but even they aren't consistent with their answers.

I am a little concerned about upgrading, since I did link my tickets, but we're going to Downtown Disney on arrival day, so I plan to hit Guest Relations there -- that way if there's a problem, I can get it taken care of before I get to the parks. We arrive at AoA August 14, but move to YC on the 17th, so we've got a split stay to deal with, too. What could possibly go wrong???

Thanks for the update. I've talked to a couple of people in MDE Tech Support, and they've been more knowledgable than other CM's, but even they aren't consistent with their answers.

I am a little concerned about upgrading, since I did link my tickets, but we're going to Downtown Disney on arrival day, so I plan to hit Guest Relations there -- that way if there's a problem, I can get it taken care of before I get to the parks. We arrive at AoA August 14, but move to YC on the 17th, so we've got a split stay to deal with, too. What could possibly go wrong???

I wouldn't loss sleep over it, she just said it might take a little more time bc they probably wouldn't be familiar with how to do it, but it can be done. I guess you'll just need to be a patient person!

I was very skeptical and not at all enthusiastic about the mymagic+ and had decided not to participate because we park hop (and of course pay extra for them) and having only access to 3 fastpasses at one park per day just wasn't going to work for our family. HOWEVER! after two phone calls today...and directly asking (even really pushing the second time I called) I was told directly and adamantly that we would be able to use our keys to the world cards in addtion to our fastpass+ reservations during the testing periods. I hope they're right because I went on and registered, and it was actually pretty cool and fun to do. I know there's lots of going back and forth about being able to use both types of fastpasses for those testing in August but that's what I was told today by two different people when I called the Disney number...now I hope for the best :coffee:

Last week I linked my reservation and I had the Fastpass+ Option. I also had an option to select Magic Bands. On Saturday I received a UPS Letter inviting me to participate in the trial. Today I received the Magic Bands I pre-selected. I did call the number listed in the letter and spoke to a knowledgable CM. Selections are made and we are ready to go.

The strange part is that we have a split stay. We will be at The Poly for 3 nights and are then moving to Pop.. I do not have the option to select any FP+ while I am at The Poly, however, not sure how this will work with my Magic Bands. I am assuming I will receive a card while at the Poly which will then be null and void when I move to Pop. Can anyone provide any insight on this?

Thanks

The strange part is that we have a split stay. We will be at The Poly for 3 nights and are then moving to Pop.. I do not have the option to select any FP+ while I am at The Poly, however, not sure how this will work with my Magic Bands. I am assuming I will receive a card while at the Poly which will then be null and void when I move to Pop. Can anyone provide any insight on this?

My guess would be that the bands will probably be tied to the length of your tickets and not your room. I'm in the same situation. If you think about the various situations, one may start at the parks before checking into a hotel or they could check out of the hotel and still go to the parks. I'm not sure if it is true, but it seems to be assumed that everyone with a magic band will also get he KTTW card too, so you will have a backup if the band doesn't work.

I've played with the system and so far it lets me schedule FP+ for the entire length of my stay, even though the majority of it is not at one of the testing resorts. This again points to the lenght of park tickets and not rooms. I could see the KTTW card expiring when you check out of you hotel, but would think your Magicbands will stay active. Especially, since you park ticket now only exist in an electronic format.

I'm sure someone will come along to tell me how I'm not part of the test. Not to start a flame war, but from reading these threads there seems to be a lot of misinformation that is stated as fact and a handful of individuals who want to tell people why even though signs are pointing to participating in the test (ex. they get the MDE pop up that they are participating and can schedule FP+), but they didn't get a letter that they aren't part of the test.

I don't think 17 days out means anything. My guess is that all the bands were shipped out next day air this weekend and 17 days is about the time it it was to the first dates of the tests (8/2). There are plenty of people who reported getting them today, but were going later in August too. This is a test and they likely started the process later than hey normally would. I think it is safe to say if bands show up at your house, you are in the test.

I was very skeptical and not at all enthusiastic about the mymagic+ and had decided not to participate because we park hop (and of course pay extra for them) and having only access to 3 fastpasses at one park per day just wasn't going to work for our family. HOWEVER! after two phone calls today...and directly asking (even really pushing the second time I called) I was told directly and adamantly that we would be able to use our keys to the world cards in addtion to our fastpass+ reservations during the testing periods. I hope they're right because I went on and registered, and it was actually pretty cool and fun to do. I know there's lots of going back and forth about being able to use both types of fastpasses for those testing in August but that's what I was told today by two different people when I called the Disney number...now I hope for the best :coffee:

You sound like me. Last week my attitude was NO Way!!!....Now, I've ordered my bands too. The Tech person I spoke with also told me I could use regular fastpass whenever I wanted. Now I hope for the best.

Sounds like non testers are getting hosed in August. Not only is it a very busy time, at least the first half, but they will also be dealing with a significantly large group of people that can take all the E-ticket FPs before they even enter the park. Unless Disney is not offering many E-ticket FP+s.

I haven't seen any testers say what they have chosen. If they are just testing the system, and you still get normal FP, they really should be limiting what's available, if not even offering some folks only the lesser rides, to get them to choose them. Otherwise, will the low end rides even get tested?

Jason

Anyone from the UK taking part in these tests in August?

I'm from the UK and staying at the Yacht club for 19 days from the 26th August for my honeymoon. I'm assuming as my trip goes into September I won't be eligible.

From what I've seen, the test is ending August 25, so I'm guessing you have to arrive prior to, or by that date to participate.

Sounds like non testers are getting hosed in August. Not only is it a very busy time, at least the first half, but they will also be dealing with a significantly large group of people that can take all the E-ticket FPs before they even enter the park. Unless Disney is not offering many E-ticket FP+s.

I haven't seen any testers say what they have chosen. If they are just testing the system, and you still get normal FP, they really should be limiting what's available, if not even offering some folks only the lesser rides, to get them to choose them. Otherwise, will the low end rides even get tested?

Jason

It's only 4 of the resorts. Even if all of them were part of the test, and KNEW they were part of the test (doubtful, given that many who discovered they could get MBs never got an email), and all picked the same park the same day, maybe they'd run out...

But we still don't know how they are allocating them anyways.

But I do agree, they are at an advantage if history holds true and they are able to double dip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter