Magic Bands info for the new test dates in August

Alright, I apologize for not wanting to sift through 10+ pages since I was last in here, but any news if testing is also for DVC at CR (BLT) and AKL?

Hi all!
I'm sorry for asking this if it's been asked a hundred times, but I JUST found out we are part of this test phase (at least, I THINK we are? I've been making FP+ res all morning now).
So, one of my most basic question right now is: Can you choose a FP+ time for only part of your group? Or does it have to be the whole group? I am the only one in my family who likes TOT, so I usually depend on a FP to go on it. It appears I can only select it for the whole group? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

The more I think about it the more I am thinking we will opt out "if" we get the magical "letter" within the next week at the 17 day mark.

After all...we did pay for PH tickets and if we can't use the legacy FP in a park we hop to then there would be zero benefit to having FP+.

Keep in mind that you can opt out while you are there if you don't like it. When I called, I was also assured that you can just choose not to use FP+ on particular days if you wish (on days you do park hopping).

Hi all!
I'm sorry for asking this if it's been asked a hundred times, but I JUST found out we are part of this test phase (at least, I THINK we are? I've been making FP+ res all morning now).
So, one of my most basic question right now is: Can you choose a FP+ time for only part of your group? Or does it have to be the whole group? I am the only one in my family who likes TOT, so I usually depend on a FP to go on it. It appears I can only select it for the whole group? Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

Yes; not everyone in you group needs to select the same attractions.

Hi all!

Thanks for any help.

You can make FP+ selections for the entire group, and then make individual changes. You should be able to choose a FP+ for a ride they like, and then change only your FP for that ride to ToT.

I think.

I haven't tried this because there are only two of us, but it gives me the option to choose one or both of us when I change specific FP+ reservations.

Good Luck!

Wow! Thanks so much for the quick replies!

I'm going to try to figure it out now!!

Disboards rocks. :goodvibes :goodvibes

I think the FP+ is great for park hopping. We booked our FP+ later in the day at HS, we don't do a lot at this park so it was great to know we will get to do the stuff we want. Same for AK, we have ADR at 7pm so late afternoon guaranteed EE and safari took away all the stress.

I am also considering using one of the FP+ for illuminations so I don't have to scout out a spot and the kids like touring the pavilions more than all the rides at Epcot.

I agree that I don't think we will be double dipping as if we follow our times, no real time to do it. I do see the potential for it, you could space out your FP+ times and hope you get a FP- in that block for a ride close to one of your FP+.

There is one day where once all our FP+ are used up we will try to use the FP- system. If it works great, if not than it will be stand by lines. Either way girls are fine with it.

If after the first day we decide we don't like it, we will see about opting out as we were told we could do so at that point. But I am feeling more confident about it as time passes.

Does anyone know how I can BECOME the manager for my sister's account?

She has an account and traveling with us, but she doesn't like to plan so I would setup her FP+ and magic bands for her family.

I didn't do anything other than use my parents confirmation number to link their reservation to my account. They don't have an account so I don't know if that makes a difference, but I didn't do anything special that I recall to manage their account.

I got an email saying mine shipped, there is no longer any shipping information on the site, but the tracking number is coming here.
Interestingly, I found this on this page when I logged in. It's not there now, but it was there when I logged in a few times yesterday.
mb2_zps5f35fcc4.jpg

I'll have a fun time with Guest Recovery then...and I will probably have deserved it. :)

Early adopter syndrome...

Exactly. I've been an early adopter/beta tester in several situations and it's either gone very well, or the recovery/reward has been more than satisfactory. I would expect exactly the same from Disney.

But disney doesn't have to link your park tix to the KTTW card. If they don't you can't secure a FP- . Personally, i think we will get fully functional KTTW cards just in case there is any difficulty with the band. Again, holding a card doesn't mean you can use it in a fp machine- if it did you could bring cards from previous trips to get fp galore!!

I'd think it would be easy to block FP+ testers. Park tickets get blocked from FP machines all the time - in fact every time you pull one. And there is a timed expiration on the block. All they'd have to do is if a ticket is used for FP+ then the timed lock out is set for like 14 days in the future. Result is no double dipping.

Actually, this totally makes sense if you think about it. The same park ticket is linked to both the KTTW "backup" card and the MagicBand. They look one and the same to the RFID readers. Once you're in the park, the ticket has been used and the mag reader on the FP- will show a valid KTTW card. For this August test, it doesn't make sense to lock out the ticket from the KTTW card if it is supposed to be a backup for any issues. Once they confirm that park admission works well on the MagicBand, they will likely not give the fully functional KTTW cards any longer. I do think we'll be able to use FP- during this August test, but that functionality will gradually be take off the backup KTTW card.

I tried reading through this and the 20 other threads but seem to be missing the details of who is eligible in August? Where can I find that?

I tried reading through this and the 20 other threads but seem to be missing the details of who is eligible in August? Where can I find that?

Pretty sure it's some of the guests staying at AKL, CR, POP, and YC. You'll get a notification 17 days out if you are eligible, based on the information others have received.

Which resorts are eligible? More detail, please. Are DVC guests included in this test? Even if I am not eligible, I'd still like the details.

Is there somewhere that lists the resorts being invited? And the eligibility requirements ( such as non-DVC)? I feel like Patrick is some sort of secret service agent with his limited info responses. LOL thank you, willaustin.

Is there somewhere that lists the resorts being invited? And the eligibility requirements ( such as non-DVC)? I feel like Patrick is some sort of secret service agent with his limited info responses. LOL thank you, willaustin.

If you are looking for something official, there is nothing. :)

Other than people posting that they have been invited to be part of the test, being able to book FP+, and customize bands, there is little information, and people who call Disney to ask about it get all kinds of conflicting answers.

My family was just chosen two days ago to take part in the August testing and we are staying at the Yacht Club.

I haven't read through all of the thread pages so I don't know if these have been addressed, but here's my imput:
We called and asked if we could use the regular fast pass service and we were told no, but we've seen other people that have. If this is just testing us as people who agreed to help Disney out shouldn't be restricted.
Also, what about park hopper? Then you have even less fast passes.
Lastly, we aren't people to plan out everything in advance, except a few things because I dining reservations, ect. We're not going to know what fastpasses we need because the crowds may vary or we might not have time. It's to much planning ahead that may be useless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter