Magic Bands from resort vs Disney store

scrapbookjulie

Mouseketeer
We are staying onsite, so we are supposed to be getting Magic Bands shipped soon. But I love the character ones for sale at the Disney store. In the past, I have only gotten the "free" plain ones that ship directly. How does it work if you buy bands online? Do you still get the plain ones too? Are the character bands activated once you get there? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

You get the plane ones for free with your resort stay unless you opt out. The character ones you can activate in MDE yourself or wait until you arrive and ask a cast member for assistance.

If they ship the plain ones, though, will that mess up me activating ones that I buy myself?
You can have a number of MagicBands linked to your Profile/line. They all work the same in providing the link to your MDE data.

You'll just add the MB ID number to your MagicBand and Cards section of your MDE account,

Oh great! So could more than one band be worn on a trip? DD could wear the blue one she got one day and wear a character one the next?

You just have to make sure each one is activated for the door. We had an issue with out new character MBs not being active to open our hotel room door so stopped by the front desk to have it turned on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter