• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands for Poly Reservation

supersnoop

What time is the three o'clock parade?
I know there were some issues when the Poly began taking reservations. For some reason, the reservation wouldn't give you to option to customize magic bands. It seemed there wasn't even a magic band order associated with Poly reservations.

I figured that was a temporary problem that would be fixed eventually. But I still don't have an option to customize bands for my September trip. Is it just too soon? Or do I have a problem? Do I need to call or email to fix it? Has anyone else experienced this, and what did you do to fix it?

And the reservation is associated with your MDE? If so then yes, you might want to call. The MBs for my Oct reservation are available to be customized. Oh, and that's a Poly reservation.

Last edited:
I know there were some issues when the Poly began taking reservations. For some reason, the reservation wouldn't give you to option to customize magic bands. It seemed there wasn't even a magic band order associated with Poly reservations.

I figured that was a temporary problem that would be fixed eventually. But I still don't have an option to customize bands for my September trip. Is it just too soon? Or do I have a problem? Do I need to call or email to fix it? Has anyone else experienced this, and what did you do to fix it?
We are just returned from the Poly. Our Magic Bands weren't available for "configuration" until 32 days from travel ... but they made it and worked perfectly. It felt very close to the wire -- but all worked out in the end.

I took NO action on my part other than "wait." Emails informing me that the bands were ready for personalization appeared weeks before My Disney Experience website allowed me to take action. Eventually the website caught up ...

My backup plan was to use MBs from a prior visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter