Magic Bands for Canadians

Thanks Rather Drive
Just made the deadline to customize the bands thanks to the info found here :) Going to Univ before WDW. We can pick up our hoppers 4 days before we check in at Disney and link them then. Hopefully we'll still have some choices for FP+ ?
Glad you made the deadline! As for choices, friends of ours who live down by Disney make FP+ selections a day or two before they go and seem to always get what they want.

Glad you made the deadline! As for choices, friends of ours who live down by Disney make FP+ selections a day or two before they go and seem to always get what they want.

I wonder what selection will be available a day or two before now that everyone will have access to FP+ 30 days in advance beginning March 31st.

If we link an AP to a Magic Band in MDE with our hotel reservation, will it work for entry to the parks? I read that we cannot have the AP Magic Bands sent to us as we are outside the US, and that we'll have to use the RFID Annual Pass Card.

If I can't link my AP to the Magic Band for entry to the parks, I really couldn't be bothered wearing the thing. Seems kind of pointless just for entry to the room. I don't usually charge items to my room.

If we link an AP to a Magic Band in MDE with our hotel reservation, will it work for entry to the parks? I read that we cannot have the AP Magic Bands sent to us as we are outside the US, and that we'll have to use the RFID Annual Pass Card.

If I can't link my AP to the Magic Band for entry to the parks, I really couldn't be bothered wearing the thing. Seems kind of pointless just for entry to the room. I don't usually charge items to my room.

If you're staying at a Disney resort you are going to get MB's anyways. You can link your AP to your band to make FP reservations and your AP card will still work for entrance to the parks. :)

We have AP's and are now able to order AP Magicbands, but what's the point? We already have several MB's from previous stays and as you say they don't ship to us anyways.

I just thought I'd post this in case somebody else has the same problem. Last night I tried for about an hour to customize my magic bands using every link possible and it did not work.

The reason was that I hadn't done my address confirmation (because I had a Canadian address and knew they didn't ship to Canada ) I assumed that the error I was getting was normal.

I was getting an error because the Disney magic band system seems to be using a very old address book. They would not accept my new address (City name and postal code changed by Canada Post more than 8 years ago). Once I put in my old (8 year old address) the address confirmed and I was able to customize my magic bands.

Note: The normal Disney booking site seems to have no problems with my *new* address.

I had problems using our Canadian address to customize our bands. I changed my address to the Disney hotel's address and had not problems. REMEMBER to change your address back to your Canadian address.

Yes it will work for entry to the park. You are right about the AP bands only being shipped to US addresses but you can still link your AP to them. If you don't do it before you arrive then the CM at check in will be able to do it for you. Keep the your AP card handy as you will not get the AP discount just by using your bands. You have to show the AP card to get the discount. Our AP's are linked to our bands, so one set of bands is used for park access, room access and if needed room charges. Also if you are on the dining plan you will have to use the band. You will select a pin for your family's bands when you check in so only you can use them for room charges or dining plan.

I had problems using our Canadian address to customize our bands. I changed my address to the Disney hotel's address and had not problems. REMEMBER to change your address back to your Canadian address.
When you ship your AP bands to the resort it is a one time shipping address. The system knows you are from outside the US and won't let you order the bands unless you supply a US shipping address. My default address is still my Canadian address.

Weird... I just clicked confirm my address and it let me, stating that our MBs would be waiting for as at the resort. I guess the website/app still has some kinks in it!

Weird... I just clicked confirm my address and it let me, stating that our MBs would be waiting for as at the resort. I guess the website/app still has some kinks in it!

I wanted to customized my MBs with a different colour for each person and their names in the inside, I had to use a US address ( the Disney Hotel's address). I switch back to my Canadian address after hopefully my MBs will be waiting for us at the hotel.

I wanted to customized my MBs with a different colour for each person and their names in the inside, I had to use a US address ( the Disney Hotel's address). I switch back to my Canadian address after hopefully my MBs will be waiting for us at the hotel.

Strange. I did the same thing. Must just be a website issue as I am in Canada too.

Strange. I did the same thing. Must just be a website issue as I am in Canada too.

I noticed that you have stayed at the Art of Animation resort. We have stayed at All Star Music and Sport, Pop. For our next visit, I chose Pop and then switched to the Art Animation.

How did you like this resort compared to Pop?

I noticed that you have stayed at the Art of Animation resort. We have stayed at All Star Music and Sport, Pop. For our next visit, I chose Pop and then switched to the Art Animation.

How did you like this resort compared to Pop?

I was only there for one night, but I loved it. The theming, the colors, the food court. Everything was fresh, new and very well done. Some people find the LM rooms far out (if that's where you are staying) but I didn't have a problem. Maybe after 10 nights I might, but for my one night I didn't mind.

But to be fair, I do love Pop too!

I was only there for one night, but I loved it. The theming, the colors, the food court. Everything was fresh, new and very well done. Some people find the LM rooms far out (if that's where you are staying) but I didn't have a problem. Maybe after 10 nights I might, but for my one night I didn't mind.

But to be fair, I do love Pop too!

Thanks,

I liked Pop too, I thought this time we would try a new resort.

You can buy them now if you stay offsite. About $15 each. Then link to MDE.
This has just changed recently. You can now buy any of the basic coloured ones without linking it to MDE. If you want one of the Frozen bands or any other printed bands you have to link it to MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter