• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands DVC Slider

dparksfan

Mouseketeer
We received our Magic Bands this week :cool1: With each band we received a DVC slider to go on the band. Is there any benefit to the slider or are they just decorative? The slider says Disney Vacation Club Member.

TIA

There are two advantages that I can think of:
1. Some cast members will remind you of your DVC discount if they see it on your band.
2. If you place it over the clasp area it will keep the Magic Band from becoming unclasped.
It serves no other purpose other than decorative.

Not everyone gets the sliders?We're waiting on our MB's should be here in a week or 2.

We've received them for every trip since they came out.
I have a bunch. I am the only one that uses them and they come with all bands in the reservation.
I have new ones coming,....due Monday

We've received them for every trip since they came out.
I have a bunch. I am the only one that uses them and they come with all bands in the reservation.
I have new ones coming,....due Monday

on our trip lat december I don't remember if they did or didn't come with them.I'll be looking for them this time around.

I think that started sending them after our last trip which was in March. We did not receive them or even know about them at that time. We did get some sliders ( not DVC) when we went in November 2013 that said 2013 on them. That was our first trip with the bands.

They started sending out the sliders for arrival dates in mid May. I got them for three reservations in June booked with my own points, but not for the reservation where I rented points.

To get the DVC slider, your MDE account needs to be linked to your DVC account and I believe that you have to book your stay with points.

:earsboy: Bill

Hi, When we visited WDW in September(staying at SSR) my DD joined us in our 1 bedroom at the last minute and she received a gray band at check-in with a DVC slide. My DH and I had our magic bands mailed to us and no DVC slides were enclosed. So I asked at check-in and they gave us two more. :) And YES a few CM saw we were DVC members and reminded us that we got a discount. Joan

I was the first one to report the new sliders back in May.
If you do not receive the slider with your MB, you are staying on points, just ask at the front desk upon check-in and you will be given as many as needed.

I was the first one to report the new sliders back in May.
If you do not receive the slider with your MB, you are staying on points, just ask at the front desk upon check-in and you will be given as many as needed.

HOPING to get the sliders, but if not, WILL ASK at front desk!:goodvibes
THANKS!:thumbsup2

No slider and two trips completed since the MB. Then again I never got the AP magnet that came out either. I must be on some Disney list.

We never received sliders in our Magic Band package. Instead, we just asked at the front desk and the CM gave us ours.:goodvibes

We just got our first set of bands for our upcoming trip and all 7 of us got sliders

EVERY trip before the sliders when I would see that my wife had purchased something...I'd ask, "did you remember to use the DVC card?" and her answer was always "I forgot"

Now I won't let her wear a band without the slider. Cast members ALWAYS ask her if she has her DVC card so they can give her the discount. So for me, I love the slider.....saves me money now that someone at the counter reminds her to take the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter