Magic Bands/Charging when at non Disney resort?

SerinaShelby

Mouseketeer
There are times we stay off property and would like to charge things at the parks using our magic bands (like we can do when staying on property). We’ve been told we can’t do this. I thought I read that you could if you attach it to a Disney Visa card. Does anyone know if that’s the case or have you done this?

My understanding is that if you use your magic band to charge, you are charging to your hotel room. If you are not staying in a disney-owned hotel, you wouldn’t be able to charge to the room.

Magic bands are just the mechanism to charge to your hotel room. They are not like Apple Pay or similar items that are linked directly to a credit card.

You place the credit card on file with the hotel you are at onsite. The MB charges to your portfolio. The hotel charges the portfolio charges to your credit card.

Wish there was a way to have a credit card attached to your magic band so you could charge from MB to cc when staying off site. It would be so convenient for those that go often but don’t always stay on site.

Disney doesn't like you because you stay off site so no you will never be able to use your MB away from Disney.

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter