• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands at WDW only?

I've had one issue with my magic band so far. Well not sure if it was the band or my finger print but it was resolved really quickly with a CM with a tablet.

An article came out about shanghai is not going to use the bands even though they installed the system. They are heading towards a mobile phone/tablet replacing the magic bands. The system in a slightly altered manor will make it ways into all the parks but magic bands are going to be a thing of the past in the not to distant future.
Just curious - - they assume everyone who wants access also has mobiles/tablets? Like the 10yo who wants to go on rides her parents don't. No way I'm letting my child walk away with my technology in her hands...

Just curious - - they assume everyone who wants access also has mobiles/tablets? Like the 10yo who wants to go on rides her parents don't. No way I'm letting my child walk away with my technology in her hands...

who knows what will actually happen. It was just an article with disney saying they aren't distributing magicbands in shanghai and they are moving towards technology that didnt' exist when they started to create the system.

Last edited:
we've had multiple problems with our bands this trip, seems we have too many bands active. Anyway the concierge said that the bands have been causing them so much problems that they are not going to be rolled out in any of the other parks.

Disneyland Resort has decided they will not use magic bands at the parks and resorts there.

Yep. They have been testing different versions of FP though.

Testing is over. Coming from my friends at Disney Imagineering they are not going to introduce it to the west coast parks.

Testing is over. Coming from my friends at Disney Imagineering they are not going to introduce it to the west coast parks.
Okay. I know they were testing a service to get a digital FP on your phone the same day. That would make sense for Disneyland rather than the WDW version of FP+.

We always have issues... But it is because we as a family have 127 or so bands attached to our name. We have tried numerous times to have CM attempt to remove some, but our next trip we have the same issues. But these issues are fixed within a few mins after we arrive. And as we have been told by almost all the cast members, it's because we go so often. And I know there are worse things that can happen in life then go to Disney World too much. So it is what it is.

You know you can deactivate the magic yourself one you MD account. Might be easier than asking the cast members to do it. I am very happy you can now opt out of Magic Bands because we have a drawer full and it's far too many.

You know you can deactivate the magic yourself one you MD account. Might be easier than asking the cast members to do it. I am very happy you can now opt out of Magic Bands because we have a drawer full and it's far too many.

We opted out of magic bands back in Nov of '14 and used kttk cards same as in the old days. Worked for everything except bog restaurant. Used for fastpass+, park entry, room entry. Nice not to have something strapped to my wrist while walking around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter