Magic Bands At Aulani?

Quick question. Rather than trying to link everything in my accounts, can I just show my magic band to the front desk at Aulani and have them link it to the reservation?

Quick question. Rather than trying to link everything in my accounts, can I just show my magic band to the front desk at Aulani and have them link it to the reservation?
The cast member at the front desk initially offered to do that for me, though I declined, so the answer is yes, but she didn’t think I would be able to use the magic band at WDW resorts until I set it up again.

We arrived Monday, had our Aulani reservation linked online. Had three of WDW Magic Bands and they saw them all when I checked in. They told me to just use whichever one I wanted to open the door to my room. Has worked like a charm to open doors, charge, exit the parking lot. Just fyi on my experience.

Checked in this evening Magic Band + went off without a hitch. Door, garage, and charging worked flawless.

Do all the bands work or just the newer one’s? I’ve got a Moana one that is from the first iteration of MBs that I’d like to bring.

Do all the bands work or just the newer one’s? I’ve got a Moana one that is from the first iteration of MBs that I’d like to bring.
There is no reason that any MB ever produced would not work at Aulani. New ones aren't needed.

Do we HAVE to bring our magic bands when we go? Or is there also the option of the regular "room key"?

Do we HAVE to bring our magic bands when we go? Or is there also the option of the regular "room key"?
Yes…room key totally works but for us the magic band is more convenient. Easy to lose a room key, not so much something strapped to your wrist! Makes paying for things easier as well, eliminates having to fumble around for the key.

Yes…room key totally works but for us the magic band is more convenient. Easy to lose a room key, not so much something strapped to your wrist! Makes paying for things easier as well, eliminates having to fumble around for the key.
The magic band + falls off super easy. My wife lost her brand new one the last day and has not been returned to lost and found. It doesn’t have a strap like a traditional watch.

No, MB's aren't required. You can always us the regular room key. Just like at WDW.

Does everyone in your group have to have a MB? Can some of us use a room key and some have a MB set up for the room?

Does everyone in your group have to have a MB? Can some of us use a room key and some have a MB set up for the room?
No, Not everyone has to have a magic band. A magic band and a room key would be interchangeable. They would both work, as long as the magic band is set up properly.

That was my question as well. Glad to hear you don’t need it.
As someone who has used a room key at Aulani for years, I can attest how much more convenient the magic bands are, especially on beach/pool days, where it’s easy to misplace or lose a room key, or fumble with one buying stuff at Ulu Cafe.

As someone who has used a room key at Aulani for years, I can attest how much more convenient the magic bands are, especially on beach/pool days, where it’s easy to misplace or lose a room key, or fumble with one buying stuff at Ulu Cafe.
I imagine so. I just don’t actually own a magic band. We haven’t been back to WDW since the bands were implemented. We go to DLR annually instead.

Maybe I will buy a magic band at Aulani since we are headed to WDW in the fall and will need them.

I imagine so. I just don’t actually own a magic band. We haven’t been back to WDW since the bands were implemented. We go to DLR annually instead.

Maybe I will buy a magic band at Aulani since we are headed to WDW in the fall and will need them.
The thing is, if you buy a magic band there, the only choice is the newer magic band +, which is pricier than the magic band 2. I won’t go into all the differences here, which you can easily find online, but the additional (and somewhat dubious) features of the Magic Band+ are not even available at Aulani, and the selection is less extensive. For us, buying the magic band 2 online at ShopDisney prior to the trip was a better option.

If you buy the MagicBand+, you can also use it at DLR, since you said you go there annually. And you can use all versions of magic bands at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter