• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands are live on DME!

And, what about those people who don't follow DIS and don't realize that it might be a system glitch. People who are all pumped up waiting for their bands to arrive, or who change ADR's around their FP+ reservations only to be told "Oops." And, personally, besides the couple of hours I've spent on the phone today, I now have to deal with my linked tickets that are most likely deactivated. At least I know it's a possibility, so I can deal with it at Downtown Disney on arrival day and not have the hassle for my first RD the next day. But, I guess I'm a "lucky" one.

Isn't it magical! pixiedust:

Sounds like the "refriger-gate" last week.......

"Ohhhh a note in my room after I check in.....but what about my lack of cooler.....and the money I spent with GG and these groceries sitting in my room......no, I'm not on the Dis...." Lololol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You won't be affected if you don't have your tickets and haven't linked them.

I don't know if I linked them or not. I can't remember with all of the fast moving excitement earlier today. Senile, I know!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Time for dueling, I talked to CM reports :confused3

I linked my tickets as soon as I could a while back and have called and talked to both ticket agents and tech people and have been told on all occasions that if the magic bands are not working then my hopper will be on my room key.

I just spoke with a CM again and she said the same thing then I said I would be traveling in Oct and she said that there is a chance for full roll out. What she said was "They are working diligently on the roll out and its a good chance that by Oct onsite guests will have them"

Now I know if 50 of us call we will get 50 different answers so take heed and hold on if you are like me an traveling during transition time.

This just cracks me up that Disney thinks it's ok to do this sort of thing. It sort of reminds me of BOG adr opening date last year when they didn't have the system set up to get a CC hold. So everyone went through crashing the Disney phone system that morning, only to find out a couple hours later they had to get in that mess of a call queue again......... to add the cc hold so the system wouldn't drop their ADR when it updated that night.

They just plow forward with these new things even though their systems can't support it. "Sorry, but we can't restrict the system to just the participants"???????????????????? So they lead you to believe the system is on for you, until you find some glitch, then have to call in and waste more time on the phone to be told it's not really on for you.

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Classic.

Totally agree -- absurd to the point of being funny that they think this is an okay way to go about it. Reminds me of the disaster of failed sign up for AP testing of NFL...crash after crash. At least with that they admitted they misjudged the response and their capacity and then tried to make it right.

I do not feel the same love coming this time.:confused3

Time for dueling, I talked to CM reports :confused3

I linked my tickets as soon as I could a while back and have called and talked to both ticket agents and tech people and have been told on all occasions that if the magic bands are not working then my hopper will be on my room key.

I just spoke with a CM again and she said the same thing then I said I would be traveling in Oct and she said that there is a chance for full roll out. What she said was "They are working diligently on the roll out and its a good chance that by Oct onsite guests will have them"

Now I know if 50 of us call we will get 50 different answers so take heed and hold on if you are like me an traveling during transition time.

I think the difference might be that I was able to customize a band, was told it was going to ship to me, and now under my profile it shows that my party has bands attached to our reservations. Our tickets are now attached to that band. However, if I'm not an actual tester, then that band never actually existed, and when it disappears, it takes my linked tickets with it.

The CM's say to wait until you get the email before you customize bands or make FP+ reservations, but when you log onto MDE and it tells you to customize your band and today is the last day to do it, what do they think people are going to do? :confused3 Maybe -- and here's a revolutionary thought -- if they didn't want people to sign up before they got an email they shouldn't have made the system live to everyone!

I haven't gotten an email yet and my linked tickets are AP vouchers. I've been checking the MDE website pretty much daily for the past couple of months. I guess now I'll be checking to make sure the MB link stays active at least until I have them in hand!

Just been reading the previous posts and I gotta say, I am stunned to say the least. Since the site let me do it, I linked my tickets, picked my fast passes and picked my band all out of the assumption that a corporation as big as Disney wouldn't ask me to do this stuff it it wasn't going to happen. Now because I didn't receive an email all that work was for nothing AND my linked tickets might be invalid??? My son and I are flying in on the 15th, getting to the Contemporary at 2pm and planned to go to MK do a few rides with ADR's for 5:30 at BOG. We don't have the time to deal with tickets that I payed hundreds of dollars for that won't work because of their incompetence. I was really excited about FP+ for a while. Not anymore.:sad1:

Just been reading the previous posts and I gotta say, I am stunned to say the least. Since the site let me do it, I linked my tickets, picked my fast passes and picked my band all out of the assumption that a corporation as big as Disney wouldn't ask me to do this stuff it it wasn't going to happen. Now because I didn't receive an email all that work was for nothing AND my linked tickets might be invalid??? My son and I are flying in on the 15th, getting to the Contemporary at 2pm and planned to go to MK do a few rides with ADR's for 5:30 at BOG. We don't have the time to deal with tickets that I payed hundreds of dollars for that won't work because of their incompetence. I was really excited about FP+ for a while. Not anymore.:sad1:

I agree that it is very frustrating. I would mention it upon check-in that you linked your tickets and have heard reports of issues. Perhaps they can check things for you before you even head to MK. Otherwise, if you have trouble, head straight to the ticket window and tell them that you linked on MDE. I'm sure they will fix it for you. :hug:

I can understand the frustration with "lost in space" tickets and MB FP+ ressies for those who may have gone ahead and started planning. But honestly, why is anyone pressing buttons that may not work?

Especially those here? All I hear about when debating FP v FP+ is how "90% of the guests are not like us" and "generally uninformed" and "we are the commandos". And since its inception there have been BILLIONS of questions surrounding MB.

we all should have known that MB testing is still going on. Heck we even know the dates and resorts of the next round. Why tempt fate and start booking things if you do not fall in that category? Email or not, at least call guest services and confirm the MB functionality first?

That said.... What Dis SHOULD have done is put the functionality behind a protected firewall. And sent out passwords with the email to those eligible guests. That way, only those guests would be able to access the system.

The whole thing is really curious. There was no report of widespread access during the first big guest magicband testing. That's what makes me suspicious of the whole "even if you can access it, it may not mean you're a part of the test". If they were able to control access before why would they not be able to control access now? I went ahead and customized my magicbands and made FP+ reservations. They're not going to deny me the tickets I paid for, so it really shouldn't matter if I don't end up with the magicbands after all. I am booked at YC during the testing phase, so I feel like I have a 50/50 shot and nothing to lose by trying.

I will say, however, that there was NOTHING about the process that made me suspicious that it wouldn't work. I was able to customize magicbands for myself, dd and dh plus my parents whose reservation I linked to ours a while ago. No errors, no redirects, took everything the first time, etc. I was able to book FP+ for us. Interestingly, it did limit me to picking FP+ for only 2 days for my parents as they only have 2 day passes. It said if I chose more FP+ for them, they'd lose some of their other FP+ reservations. If I had just logged on like normal and was not on disboards, I would have NO IDEA that there potentially could be a problem. None.

I'm also curious for those that got the email, was there someplace that you were supposed to enter a code or something? Because there was just no place that you'd even enter a code during all my poking around and customizing.

Just speculation: I highly doubt that people who didn't get the email but DID apply for magic bands and FP+ will have a problem. What I mean to say is, that you WILL get magic bands, you WILL get your FP+ selections, and there will be no "lost in space" of anything. The amount of technology needed to make your selections "disappear" in the Disney system based on simply not being sent an email is greater than the amount of technology needed to make sure that only people who got the email are able to apply for the test.

The whole thing is really curious. There was no report of widespread access during the first big guest magicband testing. That's what makes me suspicious of the whole "even if you can access it, it may not mean you're a part of the test". If they were able to control access before why would they not be able to control access now? I went ahead and customized my magicbands and made FP+ reservations. They're not going to deny me the tickets I paid for, so it really shouldn't matter if I don't end up with the magicbands after all. I am booked at YC during the testing phase, so I feel like I have a 50/50 shot and nothing to lose by trying.

I will say, however, that there was NOTHING about the process that made me suspicious that it wouldn't work. I was able to customize magicbands for myself, dd and dh plus my parents whose reservation I linked to ours a while ago. No errors, no redirects, took everything the first time, etc. I was able to book FP+ for us. Interestingly, it did limit me to picking FP+ for only 2 days for my parents as they only have 2 day passes. It said if I chose more FP+ for them, they'd lose some of their other FP+ reservations. If I had just logged on like normal and was not on disboards, I would have NO IDEA that there potentially could be a problem. None.

I'm also curious for those that got the email, was there someplace that you were supposed to enter a code or something? Because there was just no place that you'd even enter a code during all my poking around and customizing.

Completely agree with every word of this.

Thanks for the reassuring posts. I linked everything, made my selections and ordered my bands. If it doesn't work out, that's fine. Just want to go to the parks and enjoy my vacation without any added stress! :)

Just speculation: I highly doubt that people who didn't get the email but DID apply for magic bands and FP+ will have a problem. What I mean to say is, that you WILL get magic bands, you WILL get your FP+ selections, and there will be no "lost in space" of anything. The amount of technology needed to make your selections "disappear" in the Disney system based on simply not being sent an email is greater than the amount of technology needed to make sure that only people who got the email are able to apply for the test.

This is kind of where I'm at. There was NO place to enter a code and the link was presented to me when I logged in without any input on my part. I wasn't poking around and trying to find places that I shouldn't be. I think it would be very labor intensive to try and sort out who got the email and who didn't in all this. Likely, if it was an error, they'll just shut the whole thing down and test with those who have signed up. Again, though, I don't have my hopes way up and I won't be disappointed if we don't end up with the bands.

I think I know now why they have to limit FP+ to 3.

They're going to need all the rest for guest recovery when this all goes bad.

This is kind of where I'm at. There was NO place to enter a code and the link was presented to me when I logged in without any input on my part. I wasn't poking around and trying to find places that I shouldn't be. I think it would be very labor intensive to try and sort out who got the email and who didn't in all this. Likely, if it was an error, they'll just shut the whole thing down and test with those who have signed up. Again, though, I don't have my hopes way up and I won't be disappointed if we don't end up with the bands.

The people who got the email got it because their reservations were flagged as potential testers. At resort check-in, their reservation will show whether or not they are eligible. There's no guesswork on Disney's part. And, since not all guests at participating hotels were selected as testers but, apparently, anyone who's checking into the right hotel at the right time can customize bands and reserve FP on MDE, there are bound to be disappointed people. I think Disney should allow testing for those of us who were able to do it online -- email or not -- but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.

EXACTLY...and I am a little shocked that a company as big and huge as Disney could have a "flub" like that. Frankly I'm a bit miffed as well.

Though I did "confirm" via guest relations that we are not one of the test families...no email.

I do like your better safe than sorry approach...

The people who got the email got it because their reservations were flagged as potential testers. At resort check-in, their reservation will show whether or not they are eligible. There's no guesswork on Disney's part. And, since not all guests at participating hotels were selected as testers but, apparently, anyone who's checking into the right hotel at the right time can customize bands and reserve FP on MDE, there are bound to be disappointed people. I think Disney should allow testing for those of us who were able to do it online -- email or not -- but at this point, I'm not holding my breath.

Right, but getting the bands has nothing to do with check in. The bands are mailed to your home, so I'm not sure what being flagged at check in has to do with getting the bands. That's the part that seems like it would be really labor intensive to me. My guess is production is an automatic queue, so I'm not sure how they'd sort all that out. Anyway, it's all just speculation. Like you, I tried it and we'll see what happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter