Magic Bands and Annual Pass Upgrade

noodle7729

Mouseketeer
I just signed my family up for magic bands and was very excited...until I remembered that we were planning on upgrading to annual passes. If I upgrade does this mean I can't use the fast pass + program? Can they link them? Do I need to wait until the last day of our trip to upgrade? Help!!

I just talked to MagicBand support yesterday, and this was one of my questions as well.

The CM I spoke to assured me that there would not be any issues with upgrading to APs once we are on site.

We just got back Sunday. We upgraded to an AP on our second day and it didn't effect anything. We still used our bands to get into the park and for the FP+. No issues at all. But do carry your AP cards with you because you will need to show the card for any discounts.

Also, keep your bands. They have your APs on them for future visits.

Thank you, OP! I didn't even consider there might be a problem. We are probably going to upgrade our first day. This is good news.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter