Magic Bands 2 year old?

megmatthbeck

Earning My Ears
Hi All! Asking a question I think I already know the answer to. Will DD2 be given a magic band? We won't be buying a ticket for her nor will she have a dining plan, but she will be the only one in are party without one. If she won't get one, I'm going to have to find a way to make one for her to wear.

Thanks!

I *think* that the 2 year old will receive a magic band also since they are on the reservation. I say that because after I booked I checked and we had 3 magic bands available to customize. Our 2 (adults) and 1 for our little one who will be 20 months at the time of our trip.

Our DS had a band (not that he'd wear it much LOL) - he's 2 so the band had no park ticket on it. I don't think it did anything at all as he didn't need to buzz in at the gate-thingies but it was cute on him :)

She will get a band. The only thing it will do is open the room door. It won't be valid for charging.

My 2yo got a band for our previous trip and wore it everyday. She loved it.

Thanks! It's nice that Disney thought of that because she will insist on a band whether it's hers or not!

Not meaning to hijack, but do we need to book Fastpass + for an under 3 if it's a ride he can go on, like Peter Pan?

Not meaning to hijack, but do we need to book Fastpass + for an under 3 if it's a ride he can go on, like Peter Pan?

I was unable to book my 2yo fast pass+ experiences...however she did receive a magic band. Shouldn't be an issue as long as an "eligible rider" has a FP

Thanks Stinkerbelle! I got to thinking that the FP+ is hooked to the park ticket and not really the magic band. I am getting a headache trying to plan our trip this year out.... And I'm a planner!

We're going in a few weeks and our 1.5 year old his own Magic Band. We're having him practice wearing it around the house to make sure he's used to it when we get there. I'm sure I'll end up wearing it for portions of the day anyway, but I'm glad we're getting him used to it because he wanted NOTHING to do with it the first time we put it on him.
He does pretty well now, we're up to a few hours of wear with no complaint. :goodvibes

And for the FP+, I can't find it now, but on Disney's site somewhere it says that 3 and under don't need a FP+, they won't be separated from the group.

My 2yr old got one as well! It was really just for show lol. She couldn't charge to it, didn't need park tickets, didn't need FP (she got on with us)... Maybe it opened our room door though, I can't remember. She didn't wear it much either but by the end of the trip she was trying to pay for stuff using her wrist!! I thought it was awesome that she got one like the rest of us so she didn't feel left out :)

We're going in a few weeks and our 1.5 year old his own Magic Band. We're having him practice wearing it around the house to make sure he's used to it when we get there. I'm sure I'll end up wearing it for portions of the day anyway, but I'm glad we're getting him used to it because he wanted NOTHING to do with it the first time we put it on him.
He does pretty well now, we're up to a few hours of wear with no complaint. :goodvibes

And for the FP+, I can't find it now, but on Disney's site somewhere it says that 3 and under don't need a FP+, they won't be separated from the group.

I promise I don't mean this in a snarky way... But why do you care if he wears it? He won't need it at all, right? We're heading down with our 2 yr old in a few weeks, and i'm not planning on putting it on him at all unless he asks to wear it because he sees his older brother wearing his.

I promise I don't mean this in a snarky way... But why do you care if he wears it? He won't need it at all, right? We're heading down with our 2 yr old in a few weeks, and i'm not planning on putting it on him at all unless he asks to wear it because he sees his older brother wearing his.

:thumbsup2

Seems like a lot of work when he doesn't need to wear it.

no offence taken. Yeah, he won't need it at all.
We're totally doing it because my DH and I are just so excited to go that for us its a fun way to get him involved too.
It's really not work, otherwise I wouldn't do it.
3 weeks to go, so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter