Magic Bands 101

I had to cancel our trip two days before we were to leave due to a family death. We rescheduled to March. My reservation number is the same. Will I receive new Magic Bands, or will the ones Disney already sent to me be the ones I will use in March?

I had to cancel our trip two days before we were to leave due to a family death. We rescheduled to March. My reservation number is the same. Will I receive new Magic Bands, or will the ones Disney already sent to me be the ones I will use in March?

I would assume that since the reservation number didn't change that they won't send you new ones, but it doesn't matter even if they do. Magic Bands are just a way to access the information on your MDE account, so you can use any Magic Bands you have.

Does anyone know if you still need to call to get Magic Bands shipped if you booked through Orbitz and have two different last names? I'm leaving in 13 days, booked about a week ago, customized my Magic Bands, and it says they're being customized and to check back soon. This changed Saturday, so I don't know if they'll get shipped out today or if I need to make a phone call. We're only going for one night, but I think they'll make a cool souvenir and a fun surprise for my travel partner.

Does anyone know if you still need to call to get Magic Bands shipped if you booked through Orbitz and have two different last names? I'm leaving in 13 days, booked about a week ago, customized my Magic Bands, and it says they're being customized and to check back soon. This changed Saturday, so I don't know if they'll get shipped out today or if I need to make a phone call. We're only going for one night, but I think they'll make a cool souvenir and a fun surprise for my travel partner.

I did not. We booked through Orbitz and have different names and I got our bands. I did have to update the shipping address to mine instead of Orbitz headquarters but that was all I needed to do.

I do wonder though, if you booked too late for them to ship period. They typically have a 30 day cut off for shipping. If you booked within that window your only option could be to customized but have them waiting at the resort.

we are going to walt disney world in June 2015 but staying offsite. I think that if that is the case, we will be getting regular tickets and not magic bands. Is there anywhere I can get magic bands for cheap? I checked disney.com and they just have the plain ones available. Is there a thread here for swapping/trading these?

I've done the customizing and updated my address. I did book within 30 days, so maybe they will be waiting at the resort for us, which would be cool. I thought we needed them for Magical Express, though.

I did. Checkin is on the 9th then 10th and we just got one set on the 27th and are expecting the second set on this Friday. Talk about last minute! (We leave for FL on the 5th early morning...Disney forgets that we don't all just magically appear in FL on checkin day)

I would call and get it unstuck.

Has anyone had their band 'die' yet? I believe I heard somewhere they're expected life would be about 2-3 years based on some type of battery inside them. Is this true? If so, has anyone had a band rendered unusable? I suppose this would have to be someone who was part of early testing.

I've done the customizing and updated my address. I did book within 30 days, so maybe they will be waiting at the resort for us, which would be cool. I thought we needed them for Magical Express, though.

They are helpful but not required. International guests can not get them in advance. They get on ME just fine.

Gave IT a call, she said my MagicBands are in processing and they'll arrive before I leave for my trip. I'm excited, even if it's not a park trip I'm super excited to be at Disney. :cool1:

Gave IT a call, she said my MagicBands are in processing and they'll arrive before I leave for my trip. I'm excited, even if it's not a park trip I'm super excited to be at Disney. :cool1:

Good good. Sounds like Orbitz doesn't have the same problem that Expedia/hotels.com (same company) has.

My MagicBands have been shipped! :cool1: I should be receiving them on Tuesday, which will be in plenty of time for leaving Sunday. Looking forward to receiving them.

We have leftover days on non-expiring tickets already on our MagicBand accounts plus we just added 4 day expiring tickets. We want to save the non-expiring tickets for those trips where we are only going to be at Disney for a day. How do we "choose" which set of tickets to be active on the magic bands?

Thanks,
Kate

We have leftover days on non-expiring tickets already on our MagicBand accounts plus we just added 4 day expiring tickets. We want to save the non-expiring tickets for those trips where we are only going to be at Disney for a day. How do we "choose" which set of tickets to be active on the magic bands?

Thanks,
Kate
You stop at Guest Services at the entrance to any park and ask them to set the priority on the tickets on your account. They can make it so the 4 day expiring tickets are higher priority.

We are flying into MCO on 3/18 at 10 am and have a car rental. Our room will not be ready until sometime after 4pm. after retrieving luggage would like to head straight to AK with our bands. Question is, do we need to check in first? The park is closing at 7 that day and we were going to head over to Boardwalk afterwards.

I know we probably will not be able to charge anything and I am fine with that. We have 4 day tickets already attached to our reservation and bands.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We are flying into MCO on 3/18 at 10 am and have a car rental. Our room will not be ready until sometime after 4pm. after retrieving luggage would like to head straight to AK with our bands. Question is, do we need to check in first? The park is closing at 7 that day and we were going to head over to Boardwalk afterwards.

I know we probably will not be able to charge anything and I am fine with that. We have 4 day tickets already attached to our reservation and bands.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

As long as you don't have a dining plan you need activated, you can head straight to a park if you wish. However, we have generally had good luck with our room being ready early, YMMV.

Just a quick question I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I have always had a my disney experience account & I just added/managed my husband and daughter. Recently we made my husband his own account so now when I sign into mine I only see mine and my daughters magicbands that can be customized. I'm assuming now on future trips my husband will have to sign into his account to customize his bands? & also will the magic bands now ship in different boxes (mine & my daughters, and his alone) or do they ship out based on your reservation number? Thanks a bunch in advance!

This question may already have been answered, but if we leave before the MBs arrive at home will they provide with them at the resort when we check in? Or do we have to buy new ones? TIA.

This question may already have been answered, but if we leave before the MBs arrive at home will they provide with them at the resort when we check in? Or do we have to buy new ones? TIA.

Anyone staying on property gets them free. I'm pretty sure you would be able to get colored ones (as opposed to grey ones) , but obviously they wouldn't be personalized with your names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter