Magic Bands 101

Do they ship Magic Bands to Alaska?

Yes, dad.... They are here! :) LOL (P.S. I didn't realize it was you at first and got all excited about another Alaskan on the boards!)

Side note: I don't know if this was covered before or if anyone else had this question, but I was thinking about travelling with Magic Bands and if the scanners at the airport would deactivate them or anything. I called and was assured that they wouldn't. Makes sense, but just in case anyone else wondered..... :)

This is a long thread so forgive me if what I'm about to ask has already been answered.

My daughter and I had originally planned to drive to WDW and stay at SOG for seven days. About two weeks ago we decided that driving would be too tiring (we'd have to drive all night to get there in the time frame we've picked around her job) and made plane reservations.

Flying freed up some time for us and it was obvious that we would get to stay longer at WDW. :cool1: Upon calling SOG to extend our stay we were told there were no more vacancies and we were locked in. So we decided to split our stay between SOG and Port Orleans.

Now that we have our hotels set I have been getting emails letting me know that it is time to order our Magic Bands. Since we are staying at PO at the end of the week, there is only one park day during that end of our stay to link to the MBs.

With all that in mind I'll now ask my questions :upsidedow :

1. I don't have to order MBs right?

2. If we do order MBs will our military tickets and ADRs that we are using earlier in the week link to our MBs while we are staying at SOG?

This is a long thread so forgive me if what I'm about to ask has already been answered.

My daughter and I had originally planned to drive to WDW and stay at SOG for seven days. About two weeks ago we decided that driving would be too tiring (we'd have to drive all night to get there in the time frame we've picked around her job) and made plane reservations.

Flying freed up some time for us and it was obvious that we would get to stay longer at WDW. :cool1: Upon calling SOG to extend our stay we were told there were no more vacancies and we were locked in. So we decided to split our stay between SOG and Port Orleans.

Now that we have our hotels set I have been getting emails letting me know that it is time to order our Magic Bands. Since we are staying at PO at the end of the week, there is only one park day during that end of our stay to link to the MBs.

With all that in mind I'll now ask my questions :upsidedow :

1. I don't have to order MBs right?

2. If we do order MBs will our military tickets and ADRs that we are using earlier in the week link to our MBs while we are staying at SOG?

1. You don't have to... but you SHOULD. (Since, if you'd like to use MBs, you'd otherwise have to purchase them.)

2. Yes.

If I were to order a 9 day park hopper pass on line as a gift, would I receive a magic band in the mail or a credit card type ticket?

If I were to order a 9 day park hopper pass on line as a gift, would I receive a magic band in the mail or a credit card type ticket?

As of right now, Magic Bands are only being issued to on-site guests, so the purchase would have to be linked to a Disney resort, otherwise you/they will receive standard admission tickets.

I am sure this has been answered in this thread but it is huge so hoping I can just get a quick reply.

Wife, son and myself are going back in April. Most likely going to stay off-site. We have our magic bands from our last on site trip. Can I reload them with the passes for the upcoming trip when I buy the new passes? How long do the bands last? It will be almost a year and half by the time we go back.

I am sure this has been answered in this thread but it is huge so hoping I can just get a quick reply. Wife, son and myself are going back in April. Most likely going to stay off-site. We have our magic bands from our last on site trip. Can I reload them with the passes for the upcoming trip when I buy the new passes? How long do the bands last? It will be almost a year and half by the time we go back.

Bands are reported to last 2-3 years. As long as the tickets are linked to the same MDE account as the original MBs, you should be fine.

I have MB from our stay last December when we stayed at Beach Club on DVC points.

We are returning this December but staying offsite.

I still have our MBs from last year. I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist and uploaded them to My Disney Experience.

I couldn't figure out a way to link my new tickets with my old Magic Bands. Is there a way? :goodvibes

I have MB from our stay last December when we stayed at Beach Club on DVC points.

I still have our MBs from last year. I bought tickets from Undercover Tourist and uploaded them to My Disney Experience.

I couldn't figure out a way to link my new tickets with my old Magic Bands. Is there a way? :goodvibes

I'm glad you asked... this is what I came by to do.

We were at WDW last November and are going back next May, but staying off property. Can we use our old magic bands once we buy tickets?

OK. Now, what if you purchase a package. Disney sends you the magic bands. Now you arrive early and don't want to waste time checking in at your resort so you drive directly to the park. Will your magic band allow you access, or do you need to check in first?

OK. Now, what if you purchase a package. Disney sends you the magic bands. Now you arrive early and don't want to waste time checking in at your resort so you drive directly to the park. Will your magic band allow you access, or do you need to check in first?

Along those same lines, our flight arrives at 3pm, we will have the yellow magical express tags on our bags. Can we go directly to the park once we arrive at the resort or do we need to check in first?

Unless I'm not understanding how it works, as long as your tickets are linked to your MDE account, the Magic Bands will work. Magic Bands are just a way to access what's on your MDE account.

I'm glad you asked... this is what I came by to do.

We were at WDW last November and are going back next May, but staying off property. Can we use our old magic bands once we buy tickets?

Yes.

Unless you have the dining plan, you're good to go. But what's the rush? Even if your room isn't ready, you can still have Bell Services hold your luggage, and I would rather check in in the morning when I'm fresh then at the end of a long day at a park when all I want to do is just plop on a bed.

Along those same lines, our flight arrives at 3pm, we will have the yellow magical express tags on our bags. Can we go directly to the park once we arrive at the resort or do we need to check in first?

Since you're already at the hotel, why wouldn't you check in? If nothing else, you can drop off your carry-ons and make sure that you're happy with the room.

As of right now, Magic Bands are only being issued to on-site guests, so the purchase would have to be linked to a Disney resort, otherwise you/they will receive standard admission tickets.

If I have a package booked and want to buy the 9 day ticket as a gift; can I link it to my package to get a magic band? I have 4 people in the room; but this person isn't staying with us. I'm just trying to get him a band so he can reserve FP with us.

If I have a package booked and want to buy the 9 day ticket as a gift; can I link it to my package to get a magic band? I have 4 people in the room; but this person isn't staying with us. I'm just trying to get him a band so he can reserve FP with us.

You can't link tickets for someone who's not on your reservation, and you can't add a fifth person to your reservation unless your room can accommodate five people. Having a magic band has nothing to do with reserving FP, but without an onsite reservation, your friend wouldn't be able to reserve FP until he's 30 days out, rather than the 60 days you can.

Does that mean I can buy the park hopper pass now and receive it before we leave and reserve FP on line. We are going in November.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have a question. I got the email today saying that our Magic Bands are getting ready to ship. We're 45 days out and getting this email feels like this trip is really happening! So exciting!

Anyway, how long after this email did your bands actually ship?

Sorry, this may have been asked before, but I'm at work and don't have time to read all the other pages. This may be a stupid question. We have a room only reservation for one night then our package begins. I received an email yesterday and one today to select our magic bands. I know the cast member told me we would get a 2nd set. My question is, how to I customize both sets? I went on my MDE and it shows what we want to order. How do I order that set and then change the colors and order the 2nd set? Hope this makes sense!!!

Paula

Since you're already at the hotel, why wouldn't you check in? If nothing else, you can drop off your carry-ons and make sure that you're happy with the room.

Still looking for an answer to this. We arrive this Friday at 3pm, would like to get to Epcot ASAP for the Eat to the Beat Concert. I'm not going to have any carry-ons, other than my purse.

Anyone??

Still looking for an answer to this. We arrive this Friday at 3pm, would like to get to Epcot ASAP for the Eat to the Beat Concert. I'm not going to have any carry-ons, other than my purse. Anyone??

Did you book a package with the Dining Plan or did you book room-only with separate tickets?

You do not have to check-in nor wait for your luggage if you have room-only and tickets. For a package, you'd have to check-in to activate everything, otherwise, you could get stuck at Guest Services to activate your tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter