• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands 101

So, you used to be able to have some key cards have charging privileges while others did not (kids). Are we still able to designate that with the MagicBands? And when would we do that?

Sorry if this has already been said, or mentioned, or answered, but you can have the magic bands have a different name, like a nickname, correct?

Yes. Also, the name is printed on the inside of the band so it is not visible to others. It is just a way to keep track of whose band is whose.

Someone told me they thought you could add icons, such as a heart, when customizing your Magic Band. I don't see that as an option, though. I only see choosing a color and name. I was able to play around and copy and paste a heart from the emoticon choices on my iPhone. But I don't know if it would go through when ordering. Does anyone know what she's talking about and if this is even possible? Thanks.
Jennifer

Someone told me they thought you could add icons, such as a heart, when customizing your Magic Band. I don't see that as an option, though. I only see choosing a color and name. I was able to play around and copy and paste a heart from the emoticon choices on my iPhone. But I don't know if it would go through when ordering. Does anyone know what she's talking about and if this is even possible? Thanks.
Jennifer

The only choices from Disney are the color and the name on the inside. They do sell jibitz, covers, and sliders.

People have painted them, added jewels, etc. after they receive them. That is probably what they were referring to.

Jennifer

I believe those can only be purchased at their stores. I think she's talking about accessories.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/gallery/26jun2013-magicband-accessories/18906.htm

Hi :) I have a question about my Magic Band and my AP voucher. Currently I have an AP voucher linked to my band. We are staying onsite and will make FP+ reservations next weekend. I'm wondering, though, when I go to activate my AP, do I give them the voucher card to activate, or the Magic Band? What happens to my FP+? Since the number on my voucher is what is linked, will it wipe out my FP+ reservations once I activate the AP? Will it have a different number? Sorry if that's a silly question, I just want to be sure I understand how it all will work :thumbsup2

I was not able to read all the previous information because there was so much! Can we get Magic Bands if we are not staying at a resort?

Theoretical Question...

Lets say someone has a MDE w valid ticket(s) on their acct (AP or regular hoppers).

They buy MNSSHP tix (which I assume is not on the band/acct).

Go to park at 4PM on MNSSHP day. They use the MNSSHP ticket to enter.

Can they create FP+ on MDE (since they have valid ticket on MDE)... even though they didnt use THAT ticket to enter the park?

Has anyone had any allergic reactions or skin irritations while wearing these bands? My mom has a bad reaction to pretty much any kind of metal (except for gold) that comes into contact with her skin, and while I think she'll be fine because it does't look like there's any exposed metal on the bands, I was mostly just curious about this because they look similar to a FitBit fitness band (which they had issues with in the past).

I'm also wondering if anyone has had issues with the band falling off? It doesn't exactly look like the most secure clasp, but at the same time, I don't think that Disney would continue to use something if they had many reports of the bands falling off, so I figure it must be ok...

Just a few questions from magic band newbie :)

Has anyone had any allergic reactions or skin irritations while wearing these bands? My mom has a bad reaction to pretty much any kind of metal (except for gold) that comes into contact with her skin, and while I think she'll be fine because it does't look like there's any exposed metal on the bands, I was mostly just curious about this because they look similar to a FitBit fitness band (which they had issues with in the past).

I'm also wondering if anyone has had issues with the band falling off? It doesn't exactly look like the most secure clasp, but at the same time, I don't think that Disney would continue to use something if they had many reports of the bands falling off, so I figure it must be ok...

The MB clasp is very secure and I don't recall any metal in the exterior design.

Quick question for you guys. As long as I have a confirmation number next to my Memory Maker and it says it is assigned to me when I look up My Reservations on MDE, does that mean it is linked to my MB?

Quick question for you guys. As long as I have a confirmation number next to my Memory Maker and it says it is assigned to me when I look up My Reservations on MDE, does that mean it is linked to my MB?

This was the case during my recent trip in February. I still stopped by Guest Relations at DTD on my way in and I was issued a separate Memory Maker card.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

i wore the magic band in january and had no issues with it.
i have a nickel allergy and MB didn't appear to have any metal in it.

band didn't fall off my wrist, no issues at all wearing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter