Magic Bands 101

Depends on what your priorities are. The only parade FP is MSEP in Magic Kingdom. Are there three other attractions in MK you'd rather use FP for?

I was just wondering if the fast pass guarantees you a great seat for the parade. A great view of the parade is more important to me than ANY ride. I don't understand how the fast pass works for parades. I assume it doesn't get me a curb seat on the middle of Main Street. So what does it give ya?

I was just wondering if the fast pass guarantees you a great seat for the parade. A great view of the parade is more important to me than ANY ride. I don't understand how the fast pass works for parades. I assume it doesn't get me a curb seat on the middle of Main Street. So what does it give ya?

A reserved area in a prime location. How early you arrive still determines how good your view is within that area. Some additional info is available via the green link in my signature.

My family and I are Florida residents with annual passes. We don't live in Florida year round but visit several times throughout the year and stay in our house. The next time we are visiting is Spring Break and I'm starting to think that Annual pass holders won't be on the system before we get there April 12th. I noticed that there is still an annual pass discount available for a room only reservation the night of the 12th.
Here are my questions:
If we stay the one night - April 12th will that tie our AP's to the Magic Band and give us the ability to make our fast pass reservations in advanced?
If we stay the one night will we be able to make reservations for the rest of our week even though we won't be in a Disney hotel?
Do we actually have to stay the night or can we make the reservation and pay for the night but not actually stay in the room?
Do we have to physically show up at the hotel and check-in? If so, does everyone have to show?

Not trying to buck the system just trying to figure out how we can get on the magic band system. I have heard from several people that all it takes for AP holders is to stay one night at a Disney hotel. And I'm assuming that the stay needs to be when all the annual pass holders in the family are together in Disney.

Thanks for any help or advice!
Debbie

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Does anybody know how the magic bands work at the Beach Club...with regard to entering the pool? Are there scanners? do you have to use your fingerprint?

I booked FPs with our annual passes for the 6 days onsite beginning of our trip, but am not able to book any after that reservation ends for the off-site following portion. There's a message that FPs are not available for us those days (can't remember the exact wording). Now I need to wait a few days until the next onsite rez window starts (I'm staying a little over two weeks, with different people joining me).

Saw some comments about possible FP+ bookings under other circumstances and wonder if I might just have been blocked because it wasn't 60 days away yet for the dates I was trying to do for the off-site part. I will check again in a few days to verify if I can make any for the off-site portion.

I don't know if this has been asked and answered already, but I can not read through 41 pages, sorry. I am going in Oct. staying at POR. I will have a 2 year old with me, just 3 weeks short of her 3rd birthday. Great because she is free, however does that mean she doesn't get a magic band. I can't imagine having to explain to her why everyone else has one. Could I buy her one?

I don't know if this has been asked and answered already, but I can not read through 41 pages, sorry. I am going in Oct. staying at POR. I will have a 2 year old with me, just 3 weeks short of her 3rd birthday. Great because she is free, however does that mean she doesn't get a magic band. I can't imagine having to explain to her why everyone else has one. Could I buy her one?

She will get one. It is my understanding that everybody gets a band.

I'm pretty sure if you don't have a ticket, you don't get a band as there would be nothing to "attach" the band and there would never be a reason to scan it.

And I haven't heard of any way to purchase them.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...

Bands are related to her hotel stay, so yes she will get one. Did you add her as a guest in MDE and can you customize her band?

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, or if its already been answered, so I apologize in advance if it has. I tried to customize my MagicBands on My Disney Experience, but it says they are unable to confirm my shipping address. Is it because my address is Canadian, or can I only customize a certain amount of time out (my trip is in October).

Thank you!

Not sure if this is the right spot to post this, or if its already been answered, so I apologize in advance if it has. I tried to customize my MagicBands on My Disney Experience, but it says they are unable to confirm my shipping address. Is it because my address is Canadian, or can I only customize a certain amount of time out (my trip is in October). Thank you!

I may be incorrect, but I thought I read at this point they were only shipping to the US. I think you can still customize and pick up at check-in though.

I may be incorrect, but I thought I read at this point they were only shipping to the US. I think you can still customize and pick up at check-in though.

You are right.... they are not shipping the bands to Canada. But yes we can still customize them!

You are right.... they are not shipping the bands to Canada. But yes we can still customize them!

That's my problem I can't customize them..when I try it says that they have to confirm my chipping address first, so when I say my address is correct, it says sorry we cannot confirm your address at this time". It does say before that if the address is outside the US that it will be shipped to the hotel,which is fine, but I want to customize it. Do I have to wait until a certain time,liek the 60 day mark or something? I'm at 259 now haha

That's my problem I can't customize them..when I try it says that they have to confirm my chipping address first, so when I say my address is correct, it says sorry we cannot confirm your address at this time". It does say before that if the address is outside the US that it will be shipped to the hotel,which is fine, but I want to customize it. Do I have to wait until a certain time,liek the 60 day mark or something? I'm at 259 now haha

Actually I got the same prompt. Proceed through and you should be OK. I can't exactly remember the screens but I do remember the verify your shipping address screen. It did work.

Actually I got the same prompt. Proceed through and you should be OK. I can't exactly remember the screens but I do remember the verify your shipping address screen. It did work.

Yeah thats my issue, it won't let me continue. The screen that says we can't verify, please try again later, my only option is to hit Close. And then I can go no further. Just tried calling Disney but getting a busy signal.

Edit: Got through to Disney,and a very nice CM assisted and I was able to customize my MagicBands. He said "I don't know WHAT I did, but you should be able to do it now". Thinking of putting Bride and Groom instead of our names, is that allowed? I think it said you could do a name/nickname, so I guess that would count as a "nickname"?

yes, you could have bride/groom put on your bands.

they will be printed on the inside of them.

we had "pet" names put on our bands.

Can someone please tell me, my sister and I are travelling together in March, can I make different fastpass+ bookings for me and for her? Eg she doesn't want to ride space mountain, but I do :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter