Magic Bandits Question

cristen72

Mouseketeer
My son has been eyeballing the magic bandit magic band decorations on the Disney store site. I saw a couple of reviews they said they fall off easily, but those reviews weren't recent.

I wanted some feedback from someone who might have used then more recently in case they have improved the design?

Our last visit was before Magic bands so I've never even seen one in person to get an idea of the size of the holes, etc.

The sliders look more stable but there aren't as many choices :(

Can anyone share their magic bandit experience with me? Thanks!

If you do purchase the Bandits, keep your receipt and if your DS loses one, or more, you can have them replaced at any shop where they are sold.

We decorated ours with nail polish. Look in Pinterest for ideas. Tattoos work good too!

Have a great trip!

Last edited:

I lost one on my band as did my daughter. They are really cute but they do tend to pop off if you catch them on anything and don't realize it.

We went in November and both my kids lost their bandits by day 4. Luckily I had also decorated their bands and with everything else going on they hardly noticed. I won't buy them again though.

Thanks so much everyone. I did look at the thread of custom decorated bands. Some great craftiness there! We were leaning more toward purchasing decorations so we could switch them around with each other.

I will try to convince him to get a set of sliders instead of the Bandits. If they will replace a lost one at the store of purchase that would be great, but then we will need to wait to purchase them at the park instead of ordering them prior to vacation.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks. I didn't read your original post correctly. Even better to be able to replace without going back to the original store!

My son has been eyeballing the magic bandit magic band decorations on the Disney store site. I saw a couple of reviews they said they fall off easily, but those reviews weren't recent.

I wanted some feedback from someone who might have used then more recently in case they have improved the design?

Our last visit was before Magic bands so I've never even seen one in person to get an idea of the size of the holes, etc.

I was wondering how easily they fall off as well. My daughter and I have ordered our magicbands in red. I wanted to get the Mickey magic bandits and she wants to get the minnie ones. They looked so cute last year and we just never got around to buying them. I was going to order them from Disney store, but hate paying shipping. Is it just me or did they change the design or something?? They don't look as cute to me. I am referring to the ons with Mickey glove, ears, shoes, etc. the same for Minnie her shoes, a ittle dress. Seems like they were simpler, cute before. So if that changed maybe they have improved the design so that they stay on better. Please le me know if the cute Minnie/Mickey ones have changed. Now I am sorry we didn't change my daughter's to a color that goes with the new "Frozen' ones.

I bought two sets, but I haven't used them yet. I've been eyeing a bottle of superglue. Everyonce in a bit I try to think of something else ... like sewing it on :P

I saw them online at the Disney Store, so i'm assuming they would be sold at the Disney Store at my local mall. Are they kept behind the register, because I don't remember seeing any in the store?

We bought some Bandits for my son last year. He is renowned for losing or breaking anything he ever comes into contact with so, when I read the reviews, I was really worried. His are all still intact :)

I saw them online at the Disney Store, so i'm assuming they would be sold at the Disney Store at my local mall. Are they kept behind the register, because I don't remember seeing any in the store?

There are many things found on-line at DisneyStore.com that can't be found in all of the mall stores.

When in doubt, call your local store(s.)

My daughter and I got a package of these in a gift basket that was delivered to our resort (not from Disney Florist).
We split them and each wore one...kept the extra in the resort room.
Hers is still intact.
Mine is somewhere in the Magic Kingdom. I never even noticed that it had fallen off.

They're very cute, but especially if you are taking a sweater/sweatshirt on/off...they will fall off.

(I never knew that they could be replaced, but we didn't have a receipt; anyway)

I bought the set with Princess Minnie and Cinderella's slipper & coach. The only time one fell off was when I was coming through the gate near the bus & somehow caught Minnie on it. I actually felt it pull away from my band, so I definitely noticed. I kept an eye on it from then on, but no other problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter