• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Band Two Resort Question

Wildernessbride2005

Mouseketeer
We have a week long stay booked and our bands are customized for that stay. Since then we decided to add a single night at a different resort at the beginning of our trip. Do I need to get bands for that one night or will our bands I have customized work? It seems crazy to get bands for one night. Especially since there's 12 of us. Thanks for any advice.

We had this exact same situation for our trip in May, and no, you don't need to get another set--the one set will work for both.

They will send you another set but you can decline it if you don't want them. The bands will be interchangeable. We just did the same thing and we wore ours interchangeably. The only issue we had was with the sorcerers of the magic kingdom game, it doesn't like it if you switch bands but they can fix it when you get your cards for that day or just wear the same band when you plan on playing.

When we did a split stay last May, our magicbands would only open the door to the resort they were delivered for. Has this happened for anyone else? If doing online check-in and bypassing the front desk at arrival, will the OP's magicbands delivered for resort #2 work when arriving at resort #1?

I know the magicband can be scanned at the front desk and then it will work for the "other" resort if there is a problem. I'm pretty sure the magicbands we took on that trip were the newest ones and all of our magicbands were clones.

Last edited:
You may want a second set of bands because it will allow you to secure an additional set of same day fast passes. There is an entire thread devoted to same day fast passes and the mechanics of multiple magic bands. http://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-sdfp-second-set-fp-long-faq.3520747/ I refer you to this excellent thread. The one thing you'll need to make sure of is that you have a separate My Disney Experience account for the two separate reservations. You can't let your MBs become clones of each other.

It seems complicated the first time you read the FAQs, but the second time through, it'll become clear. And from our experience this summer, it wasn't very difficult to manage at all, and totally worth the opportunity to score same day FPs.

When we did a split stay last May, our magicbands would only open the door to the resort they were delivered for. Has this happened for anyone else? If doing online check-in and bypassing the front desk at arrival, will the OP's magicbands delivered for resort #2 work when arriving at resort #1?

I know the magicband can be scanned at the front desk and then it will work for the "other" resort if there is a problem. I'm pretty sure the magicbands we took on that trip were the newest ones and all of our magicbands were clones.

Well now I'm not sure what to do. We land at 5:30 so our rooms should be ready when we get to the resort. I was hoping to go directly to them. Maybe I'll just get an extra for the lead of each room.

Well now I'm not sure what to do. We land at 5:30 so our rooms should be ready when we get to the resort. I was hoping to go directly to them. Maybe I'll just get an extra for the lead of each room.

You don't need two sets, the above posters problems were a glitch. I decline my second set more often than not since I do a split stay almost every trip. As a matter of fact, I took an old band and a new band my last trip a few weeks ago just to test it. I used the old band to open my room door at resort #1 (not the one sent with the reservation) and got the by-pass front desk text so I didn't go to the front desk and have anything checked. I then used my new band on resort #2 (again testing) and had no problems. I didn't get to by-pass the front desk since I got to resort #2 around 7:30 am so, of course, my room wasn't ready. I checked in at the front desk and go my parking pass but did not do anything with my band, just headed to Epcot. I had no problems with either band, neither of which was received for the specific resort I was staying at. Just make sure you check out of resort #1 before going to resort #2. I do it by phone just before I leave the room.

We had no issues--our one set opened doors for both resorts. We had done online check-in for both and went straight to the room each time. This was essential b/c we got to resort #1 at 1:00 am!

Yes, make sure you check out of the first resort before you check into the second.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter