• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

magic band ticket linkage

Donald Duck888

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I have a quick question about putting tickets onto magic bands. If I purchase tickets and link them to my magic bands do I still receive actual tickets in the mail or are they just in the cyberspace of the my magic site?

I only ask in reference to what would happen if I buy tix link them but then for some reason can't take the trip. Would they just stay linked to my magic or would I have hard tickets to link at a future time? I would assume I would not lose them as in such a case they would not have had a first use to start the 14 day clock.

Thanks for any info on this.

Hi,

I have a quick question about putting tickets onto magic bands. If I purchase tickets and link them to my magic bands do I still receive actual tickets in the mail or are they just in the cyberspace of the my magic site?

I only ask in reference to what would happen if I buy tix link them but then for some reason can't take the trip. Would they just stay linked to my magic or would I have hard tickets to link at a future time? I would assume I would not lose them as in such a case they would not have had a first use to start the 14 day clock.

Thanks for any info on this.

No tickets in the mail, necessarily, but sometimes you CAN get them by mail.
(Depends on from whom you purchase, and the method by which you choose.)

You will not lose the tickets if you do not use them.

----

Just to keep things as clear as possible-

There is no reservation info, or ticket info, or credit card info,
or FP+ info "put onto" a MagicBand.

The MagicBands just contain a unique serial number that is used
to access the information that is stored in your MyDisneyExperience computer file.

So, even if you were to lose a MagicBand, the info stays locked in your file.
Disney can just set up a new band (different serial number)
to access the info in your MDE file.

The MagicBand works like the combination to a locked safe, a key to a locked door.

Why does this distinction matter?
Because there is so much fear about losing bands and,
in turn, losing all of a guest's information thought to be on the band.

The MB, itself, is not the file of info or the container of the info.
The MB just unlocks the file of info to be read, when needed.

We did that last fall. We never received actual tickets. The clock doesn't start until you actually use them, so a ticket can stay linked to your MDE indefinitely.

Thanks for the information.

Now i seem to have a new problem.

I signed in to my magic, purchased tickets got my confirmation then tried to link them to the my magic and it wont work. It wants me to enter a ticket number but of course i have no ticket yet thus no ticket number. I tried entering the confirmation number from my receipt but that just seems to bring me to a mostly blank screen.

Any thoughts? I am kind of frustrated. The confirmation says tickets will be delivered by a date so I guess I can wait till then and then try using the numbers on the tickets but i kind of wanted to get this done tonight.

Thanks for any help.

I'm a little confused about linking our tickets to our magic bands too. I made a room only reservation with a friends and family discount because we are traveling with friends who have a daughter who is a CM. I still need to purchase our park hoppers. I've only ever purchased packages before so I'm not sure if I need to purchase our tickets through Disney or can I use AAA or Maple Leaf and link them. We are going in March and I'm getting a little stressed!

Well i just got off the phone with Disney and i guess I am going to have to wait until I receive the tickets to be able to link them up. Not too big a deal as I am still more than 100 days away from the trip so i should have them long before the 60 day fp+ window.

Just so no one else ends up confused as I was, if you want to link your tickets right away you need to select will call as your pick up type. If you choose any of the shipping methods you will have to wait until the tickets are delivered in order to link them.

I had thought that since i was signed in when ordering them that they would automatically link to the account like dining reservations do but i was wrong. Because of this belief i really did not think about it when it came to choosing delivery method.

I just figured I would let people know of this in case someone may be ordering tickets closer to their trip where this situation may end up encroaching on their fp+ window.

I'm a little confused about linking our tickets to our magic bands too.

It is a bit confusing isn't it? Just be careful what type of delivery method you choose if you order tickets as only will call pick up lets you link right away at least according the the guy I spoke to at Disney

I just discovered late last night that you can link tickets with the confirmation number.

On Wednesday, I purchased tickets online from Disney and requested that the tickets be mailed to me. Every time I tried to link the tickets with the email confirmation number, I received an error message. So, I realized I would have to wait to receive the physical tickets in the mail for the ID number on each one.

However, I found an old thread that indicated the tickets would link to MDE after waiting 24 hours. This turned out to be true, but it was longer than 24 hours. Late Thursday night, the confirmation number worked and I was able to link tickets with each family member.

Like the OP, I had assumed I could link the tickets immediately if I purchased them online through my MDE account. However, I am assuming the delay must be due to the fact that someone has to actually process the ticket order and assign the tickets to our account. Ticket IDs are not automatically generated with an online order. If that makes sense?!

I just discovered late last night that you can link tickets with the confirmation number.

I found an old thread that indicated the tickets would link to MDE after waiting 24 hours. This turned out to be true, but it was longer than 24 hours. Late Thursday night, the confirmation number worked and I was able to link tickets with each family member.

Nice, thanks for the info, I will have to try that over the weekend.:thumbsup2

Like the OP, I had assumed I could link the tickets immediately if I purchased them online through my MDE account.

It seems odd (at least to me) that dining reservations purchased while signed in to ones account automatically link but tickets do not.:confused3

I just discovered late last night that you can link tickets with the confirmation number. On Wednesday, I purchased tickets online from Disney and requested that the tickets be mailed to me. Every time I tried to link the tickets with the email confirmation number, I received an error message. So, I realized I would have to wait to receive the physical tickets in the mail for the ID number on each one. However, I found an old thread that indicated the tickets would link to MDE after waiting 24 hours. This turned out to be true, but it was longer than 24 hours. Late Thursday night, the confirmation number worked and I was able to link tickets with each family member. Like the OP, I had assumed I could link the tickets immediately if I purchased them online through my MDE account. However, I am assuming the delay must be due to the fact that someone has to actually process the ticket order and assign the tickets to our account. Ticket IDs are not automatically generated with an online order. If that makes sense?!
. Thanks for the info. Just tried it & it worked.

Along the same lines, I put my tickets as will call, but then linked them to my account on Disneys website. Do I actually need to go to will call? Or can I just leave that step out now?

It seems odd (at least to me) that dining reservations purchased while signed in to ones account automatically link but tickets do not.:confused3

That's what I've been thinking, they have all your info, why not just link them like your ADR's and hotel reservations? I made both of those before I took a look at MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter