Magic Band Questions

mickeys friend

DIS Veteran
Feel free to move this. We have never used the Magic Bands before and have a few questions.We have our trip booked with AAA and was wondering how long before we leave will they arrive? Also,do you get to pick which color or anything else? I see that some have different things on them,do you have to do it after they arrive,or can you order them a certain way? Also,are they different sizes? There is a total of 9 going,all different ages and sizes.I would love to see pictures of different ones.Thanks

1. People have reported getting them anywhere from shortly after customizing them to a few weeks before their trip. No rhyme or reason.

2. You can customize them for color and name printed inside on the Disney Website. Sign up if you have not already done so and link your reservation to your account.

3. You can further customize after you get them. Do a google search for ideas

4. Once size fits all. For smaller wrists i.e. kids there is a "knock out" to make it smaller.

Hope that helps

Last edited:
booking thru AAA really doesn't have anything to do with magic bands.
you'll want to go onto the disney world website and create a my disney experience account and link your reservation.
there you can customize your magic bands.
you can only choose from solid colors which are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink, and gray.(if you want ones with designs on them you'll have to buy one when you get there at an additional price for about $26. you can also purchase things to decorate it such as sleeves, sliders, and charms)
its one size fits all with a piece you can remove which will make it smaller for those with smaller wrists.
you can customize the name that you want to appear on the inside of each person's magic band.
you can use your real name or a nickname. for example i have 3 and the first time i put "figment" the second time i put "Dee" and the third time i put "Deanne".
if you want them shipped to your house you must provide a shipping address.
otherwise you can opt to receive them at check in but if you want to do online check in and use them for disney's magical express then you'll want them shipped to your house.
you have until 30 days prior to your arrival date to customize them and they will ship shortly after that.
most people receive them between 14-21 days prior.
if you do not receive them in that time frame you may want to contact disney.

Last edited:
Here is a pic that show's what is meant by one size fits all, but how you make them smaller
download3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter