Magic Band Questions (room only reservation). . .

the.leonhardts

Mouseketeer
Hi,

So, I've booked a room only reservation for September. Our recent college grad daughter is looking for her first professional position, and may have to not join us if her new job conflicts with our vacation plans. I was thinking I would buy the park tickets when we arrived. Keeping things as flexible as possible. Nothing I've received for my room only reservation mentions magic bands.

So - if you get your magic bands at check-in, are they still the gray ones? Is it possible to get colored bands at check in? I believe my daughter and I still have our bands from about 3 years ago, when they first came out. . . Have they improved since then? Are there more color options?

Can anyone direct me to a thread that discusses all the magic band options?

Thanks!
Judy

Magic Bands are not tied to tickets. They are a link to your MDE Account. Link your reservation & customization options will be available. Purple is new this year
If you don't get tickets until you arrive you will not be able to get FP + 60 days in advance.

You should still get to customize MB color and name/inscription on inside. You will get them shipped if you live in the US but will get them at check in if you are not in the US or chose hotel pick up.

The newer ones are thinner than before and they have added purple as an option.

On your computer on the Disney World site if you go to your My Disney Experience and then click on MagicBands you will be able to customize your Magicbands. They ship 45 days from your check in date.

Thanks, Everyone!! I had gotten a bit rusty on my planning for WDW trips - the last several have been DL. I've customized my magic bands and eye-balled the ones offered at the Disney Store. We should have a fairly sound idea of how my daughter's prospective employment might impact our trip at about 6 weeks out - I can order our park hoppers then and do FP+.

Judy

You could order yours now, and do your FPs at 60 days, then when you know daughters plans order hers. On MDE I think there's still the option of copy FPs to another person on your Family & Friends list.
If I have room only I purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist. They are real tickets (vs vouchers) and can be linked to MDE. You can save some $ depending on what specials they have. I've used them before, very dependable.
If you compare prices, on UT the advertised price includes tax. No shipping fee. Some sites, incl Disney may not show tax until checkout.

You could order yours now, and do your FPs at 60 days, then when you know daughters plans order hers. On MDE I think there's still the option of copy FPs to another person on your Family & Friends list.
If I have room only I purchase tickets from Undercover Tourist. They are real tickets (vs vouchers) and can be linked to MDE. You can save some $ depending on what specials they have. I've used them before, very dependable.
If you compare prices, on UT the advertised price includes tax. No shipping fee. Some sites, incl Disney may not show tax until checkout.

And when ordering from Undercover Tourist, you can get e-tickets. Ours were sent to our email in just a few hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter