• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Band question

They don't ship the magic bands to Canada so you'll pick them up at check in.

Can we pick them up at the resort if staying on site? And can we choose the colour?

Yes to both! Once you get your confirmation number you can sign onto My Disney Experience online and link your reservation to your account. Then you can pick the color of band you like up to thirty days to departure.

I saw a post that showed a screen shot of the magicband order page. It showed that shipping was to the US and Canada. This was only last week. No idea how accurate the post was but have a good look in MDE.

I saw a post that showed a screen shot of the magicband order page. It showed that shipping was to the US and Canada. This was only last week. No idea how accurate the post was but have a good look in MDE.

Interesting, but all 3 of my magic bands had to be picked up upon check-in at the resort, most recently in Nov 15. DW was thrilled to get a purple one for our next trip.

When we went this past December they would not ship them to Canada. It was easy and quick to get them at check in.

Interesting, but all 3 of my magic bands had to be picked up upon check-in at the resort, most recently in Nov 15. DW was thrilled to get a purple one for our next trip.
I was there in March and it was still resort pick up. The post I saw was last week.

I was there in March and it was still resort pick up. The post I saw was last week.

It wouldn't be the first time Disney had wrong info on their site, or maybe it was something that leaked out and they might be shipping to Canada eventually. Not holding my breath at any rate. My old MBs work just fine for DME and it's certainly no biggie to pick up MBs at the resort.

I just checked my MDE page. This is what it says:

If your shipping address is not located in the United States, you can pick up your customized MagicBands at your Disney Resort hotel Front Desk

It wouldn't be the first time Disney had wrong info on their site, or maybe it was something that leaked out and they might be shipping to Canada eventually. Not holding my breath at any rate. My old MBs work just fine for DME and it's certainly no biggie to pick up MBs at the resort.
I totally agree.

I'm going to try and find the post that I saw but I need have a laptop....just too hard to search on my phone.

You don't have to purchase them if you are staying on site, correct? How do I link them if I only get them at the resort?

Edit: I just talked to my friend who went last October. She said they stayed at the Sports resorts and Disney shipped the bands to them at home.

Last edited:
You don't have to purchase them if you are staying on site, correct? How do I link them if I only get them at the resort?

Edit: I just talked to my friend who went last October. She said they stayed at the Sports resorts and Disney shipped the bands to them at home.

Yeah, they're included in the room price. If you pick them up at the resort, they'll already be linked. Their MBs were mailed to Canada? Where do your friends live? Interesting...

I just customized our Magic Bands an hour ago on MDE and it told me outside the USA to pick up at resort.

On another note: I had to print paper MNSSHP tickets because the shipping to Canada was $25. YIKES!

We just came back from WDW and our bands were not shipped to us. We had to pick them up at the front desk. It has been the same for the past 3 trips.

Once you have an MDE account, link your hotel reservation and tickets to the account. The magic bands will be linked to your account by the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter