Magic Band Question

chenbru

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know when the Magic Bands are shipped? I am not traveling till Sept and I don't want to request them now and have to have them at home. I know they suggest 10 days for shipping, but will this be done automatically (provided I have them ready to go) or does one need to just finish the requested info and once done they will be shipped?

Hope I phrased that right.

Right now they ship them 30 days before your stay. Even if you customize them early, they will wait until 30 days before you arrive to actually produce and ship them. You will still be able to make changes to them up until that time. The My Disney Experience website will show you the "Customize by" date if you look in the "MagicBands and Cards" section.

I think the shipping is automatic once you customize them in MDE. You have up to 30 days before your visit (might be 31) to customize them. I think they will ship them just after that. My 30 days is up today, so we will see what happens.

My resort stay begins June 1. My MBs need to be customized by May 1. They will ship shortly after they are customized...I will probably get them around May 5 or so. So, figure on just short of 30 days.

awesome, thanks for all the replies. we are trying to surprise the kiddos with this trip so i dont really want them showing up once I customize them. Will be sure to do so prior to the 31 days though.

I'm pretty sure they come in a brown cardboard box that doesn't look like anything special. The Incredibles box with the bands is inside the brown one.

I'm pretty sure they come in a brown cardboard box that doesn't look like anything special. The Incredibles box with the bands is inside the brown one.

Yep. My dh got his the other day......had no idea what it was. Very small print said Disney on it, so he left it for me to open, even tho it was addressed to him! Hevthoughtbit was a mistake! The kids will have no idea whatsoever.

Sorry to hijack, but does anyone know how they ship? UPS, FEDEX, or USPS?
Just curious because I live in an apartment and those magic band boxes won't fit in my mailbox

Mine were (and are) shipped via USPS. I suppose it could be different for someone else!

Sorry to hijack, but does anyone know how they ship? UPS, FEDEX, or USPS?
Just curious because I live in an apartment and those magic band boxes won't fit in my mailbox

Almost all are being sent USPS Parcel Post now. If you book a resort within 30 days of arrival, or in some other circumstances, they may still send them UPS Next Day Air.

awesome, thanks for all the replies. we are trying to surprise the kiddos with this trip so i dont really want them showing up once I customize them. Will be sure to do so prior to the 31 days though.

Can you accept personal packages at your work address?

Almost all are being sent USPS Parcel Post now. If you book a resort within 30 days of arrival, or in some other circumstances, they may still send them UPS Next Day Air.

Do they come with tracking info? I live in an apartment and the magic band box will not fit in my mailbox.

Do they come with tracking info? I live in an apartment and the magic band box will not fit in my mailbox.

Yes. You should receive a shipping notification email, a notification on your MDE account, and tracking information should also appear on the MagicBands and Cards page in MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter