Magic Band Question

lizzytizzy

DIS Veteran
I am hoping that someone could help me on this. I didn't know where I should post this. I just received my magic bands!:cool1: My question is will I have trouble going through airport security with this? Should I put it in my backpack and let it go through screening or should I wear it? I know it's suggested that we wear it the minute we get to Florida but I was wondering what to do with the bands till then. Don't want them to get confiscated! Thanks!

Good question I didn't think of that . I wanted to put ours on as we left the house so I was sure to have them.

I am hoping that someone could help me on this. I didn't know where I should post this. I just received my magic bands!:cool1: My question is will I have trouble going through airport security with this? Should I put it in my backpack and let it go through screening or should I wear it? I know it's suggested that we wear it the minute we get to Florida but I was wondering what to do with the bands till then. Don't want them to get confiscated! Thanks!

I've seen this asked before. One thing for sure you want to keep them with you don't put them in your luggage, out them into your carry on or keep them with you. After that point it's up to you wear them or put them in the carry on. A lot of people have been keeping them on themselves.

I haven't received my band as yet so I don't know how the band is packaged ! My thought would be to leave it in the original packaging until I pass through security. I don't believe you'll be questioned if it is in the original disney package.
Another thought is that security in Orlando will be so familiar with the band they might just wave a wand over it.If this is your choice then I would STILL have my original packaging in my carry on if questioned .
Let's see how others who have experienced this can help !

I just tossed mine in my purse and it went through the scanner at the airport, then as soon as I got to my gate I put it on. The scanner won't damage it or anything but they'd probably think it was a watch-type thing and make you take it off and put it in your carry-on stuff to get xrayed

The box is pretty big compared to the space taken up by the bands. Don't bring the box I suggest. We had ours in the side pouch of our carry on and just passed it through security. We put them on while waiting for the flight to board and used them to ride DME after we landed.

I doubt security would care. You couldn't take over a plane or blow it up with a magic band!

throwing mines in my camera bag that way there is no Airport issues. They can scan that joint in one shot. or just put it in your carry on bag, backpack or purse something you know is not leaving your side to lose.:hippie::surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter