Magic Band Question for 2yo

chloelovesdisney

DIS Veteran
Our magic bands arrived this week including one for my 2yo. There's zero chance he will agree to wear it, do I have to wear it for him or can we leave it in the room? It serves no purpose, he has no ticket or FP+. :confused3

Our magic bands arrived this week including one for my 2yo. There's zero chance he will agree to wear it, do I have to wear it for him or can we leave it in the room? It serves no purpose, he has no ticket or FP+. :confused3

He does NOT have to wear it (or carry it) at all.

They send them as many little kids get upset that they would be the only ones without a band.

They send a magic band for children who are too young for a ticket so that they won't feel left out when every one else in their family has one. If you're sure he won't wear it, then no, you don't need to bring it.

We went twice when DD was 2 and had magic bands. We just left them in the diaper bag because there was no way she would keep it on. It was actually lucky because we left the rest of our bands in the hotel room by mistake and we were able to get back in the room without making a trip to the front desk.

we just got back from our trip with our 21 month old...she didn't show any interest in wearing hers until the last day....but even before that, she wasn't wearing it but would give the photo pass ppl her wrist to "boop" like me....so then it became a thing that where ever there was a scanner for the bands she'd stick out her wrist for us to scan...it was cute
but we never used her band for anything

He doesn't have wear it (I'm 52 years old and don't wear mine) but you might want to take it with you on the first day (just put it in a bag or a pocket) because if he sees you going through and having fun with the Mickey head, he might want it. I can't think of a parent at the turnstiles with a two year old upset about not having a band and having to deal with that. So, I'd advise take it just in case.

He doesn't have wear it (I'm 52 years old and don't wear mine) but you might want to take it with you on the first day (just put it in a bag or a pocket) because if he sees you going through and having fun with the Mickey head, he might want it. I can't think of a parent at the turnstiles with a two year old upset about not having a band and having to deal with that. So, I'd advise take it just in case.

I will bring it in my purse just in case. :thumbsup2

disney gives one to each person staying in the room.
it does not matter how young the child is (my niece got one last november and she was only 7 months old).
i think part of it is cuz they don't want anyone to feel left out.
no he doesn't need to wear it and you don't need to wear it and you don't need to bring it.

We are planning to take my nieces (who will be 4 and 2.5) in March and I was worried that the youngest would feel left out so I'm glad to hear that she will get one. I doubt she will want to wear it, but she gets upset if Sissy gets something and she doesn't. That eases my mind a bit about one less potential drama.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter