Magic Band Question...direct me if this has been asked before

kris10399

Mouseketeer
I had called WDW earlier today and don't feel I got an answer to my question. So forgive me if this has been asked in another thread.....We have an existing ressie for the week of T-giving and because of a change in travel plans we've added a day at OKW prior to our week at BLT. I had already customized my Magic Bands for our party in the BLT ressie. Now with the new OKW ressie I have a separate set of Magic Bands to customize (for half of the traveling party). I don't want to have 2 different sets coming to my house. Does anyone know if Disney "just knows" that they should send just 1 set of Magic Bands?

Question #2 - I'm sure this has been answered but...so I do online check-in and give my approximate arrival time. I agreed to get the text for when my room is ready...do we just go to the room and get in or do we have to actually go to the front desk prior to getting in the room the first time?

Thanks!

I had called WDW earlier today and don't feel I got an answer to my question. So forgive me if this has been asked in another thread.....We have an existing ressie for the week of T-giving and because of a change in travel plans we've added a day at OKW prior to our week at BLT. I had already customized my Magic Bands for our party in the BLT ressie. Now with the new OKW ressie I have a separate set of Magic Bands to customize (for half of the traveling party). I don't want to have 2 different sets coming to my house. Does anyone know if Disney "just knows" that they should send just 1 set of Magic Bands?

Question #2 - I'm sure this has been answered but...so I do online check-in and give my approximate arrival time. I agreed to get the text for when my room is ready...do we just go to the room and get in or do we have to actually go to the front desk prior to getting in the room the first time?

Thanks!

You will get 2 sets of bands coming to your house but you won't need to use both sets. Both sets will contain the same information in the chip which is your MDE info, not your reservation info. From what I've read, in the future they will not send a second set but for now each reservation gets a set.

I don't think you will get your room number info until you go to the front desk. I also believe you need to go to your resort to activate your MB's as going directly to the park will not work.

At least that's how I understand everything as I've read it.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking they would be sending 2 sets but hoping not...seems rather wasteful. However it is rather early on in the implementation of the Magic Bands resort-wide so I guess it is to be expected.

Hopefully in the future we'd be able to just hit the room once you've received the Room Ready text. I'm sure lots of issues to work through with that as well though.

Thanks again!

You will get 2 sets of bands coming to your house but you won't need to use both sets. Both sets will contain the same information in the chip which is your MDE info, not your reservation info. From what I've read, in the future they will not send a second set but for now each reservation gets a set. I don't think you will get your room number info until you go to the front desk. I also believe you need to go to your resort to activate your MB's as going directly to the park will not work. At least that's how I understand everything as I've read it.

MDE account says bands are active. Is this not true?

We are doing a split stay at the YC & BC and we got 2 sets of MBs both are stated active on MDE and I plan on being fashionable and switching up and using both on our upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter