Magic band-puck crossover timing?

glencoe

DIS Veteran
is it worth buying a special magic band for an upcoming trip this June? When will they start the pucks?
Thanks for the info, I wanted to buy some fun ones as XMAS gifts in preparation, but will not if pucks are coming.
I don't mind buying just for this trip btw. Thanks for your wealth of knowledge in advance!!

No one knows when the pucks will be announced. Also I imagine if the puck is released to the masses it won't negate the legacy Magicbands as the system that runs them and tech behind the two is exactly the same.

There hasn't been any announcement of the pucks actually being put into use. They may, but Disney files lots of things that they never use. But, regardless of what happens there all appearances are that it's the same technology so the MB would also still work even if it's a different format in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter