Magic Band - pay incidentals with cash?

aimeebarb

Mouseketeer
We've budgeted $1,000 for incidentals for our trip (next week!). It's literally cash sitting in a drawer right now. It doesn't seem like a good idea to travel with that much cash or to walk around with it in the parks. I don't want to use a credit card.

If I connect our magic band to a credit card, can I pay off the charges with cash at the front desk of our resort (OKW)? Or will it actually bill our credit card automatically?

Also, was thinking about getting gift cards, but is there any extra protection if they are lost or stolen? I didn't think so, but not sure. Thanks!

When you settle yur bill at the hotel I believe you can pay in any manner you wish. The advance on the credit card insures them you will not skip out on the bill.

I may be wrong ... there have been lots of changes but that is a pretty standard way to handle hotel bills everywhere.

We always use a mixture of gift cards, cash, & credit card to pay off our charges to the room. As to gift cards, I think they are treated as cash, so there is no protection if lost or stolen. Your credit card won't be charged until/unless you hit the resort limit (I think it's $1,500 for a deluxe) or at midnight before the day you check out. You can go to the front desk at any time to pay down your balance. You will get a printout of all your charges & payments.

DH always like to bring some cash ($1000 for our most recent trip) "just in case" of a problem with the CC, the resort has an issue processing/system down, etc. We've utilized the room safe to keep the cash safe while at the world. You can pay down your charges with said cash however/whenever you wish BUT remember to go and pay off your balance the AFTERNOON BEFORE you checkout (not the day of checkout) as I believe their system is set to charge out everything BEFORE you checked out and I think that's midnight the night before. I've heard/read rumor of people going to checkout and paying off charges only to find that their card was charged the night before.

You need to check your folio balance daily. For example, if you are staying at a Value Resort your limit is set to $500, at a Moderate it is $1,000 and at a Deluxe or DVC Villa it is $1,500.

When they run the nightly cycle, if your usage is at or close to the limit they will run the charge through your card and then reauthorize the amount.

You can also put down a cash deposit at check in and they will use that first. When you check out, any remaining balance will be refunded. However, if it is a large amount they may give you a check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter