Magic Band mailing wackiness

One time our MBs showed up before they were shipped. According to the website they were shipped out about a week later.:confused3

Our last magic bands originated in Fl, went to IL, then back to FL. Not sure why they did that, but our we have same AP bands in process of doing the same thing.

Attachments

• IMG_2527.PNG
    IMG_2527.PNG
    155.5 KB · Views: 17
Does Disney let you know they mailed the magic bands? Today is our one month until we go to WDW.

We used to live in Trenton, NJ. Our magic bands (without fail) would also ship to Trenton, NJ then head up to north to Kearny, NJ - sit for 1-2 days, then travel back to Trenton before being delivered.

The Trenton USPS hub is only about 8 minutes from my house. It was so frustrating to know they were so close then shipped off miles away.

The last time our shipped (September) the site showed shipped with no update until the day after they arrived and the it said "delivered". Thanks for the tracking.

On a related note. We were in line at MK for the magic band reader after security and we saw a family opening the box and handing out the magic bands to their family members. I guess they wanted to make sure all of them got their safely. I wonder if they packed them back in the box at the end of the day and passed them out again the next day.

Mine only took three days to New Jersey. A couple stops in Florida, then a couple in NJ.

Mine have been sitting in the nethers of PA for 3 days now. Started in Fl>IL>PA to arrive at NC..... Good thing they give you a few weeks before you are suppose to leave....

There was some kind of mixup with our reservations for a split stay starting on 1/21. We received one set of bands a few weeks ago but the second never arrived. I called on Saturday evening and they had me quickly pick the band colors and told me the bands could ship at any moment. When I went in Sunday, I was locked out of choosing bands and the notice says they are being customized. I was expecting to see a shipping notification yesterday but still no update. Crossing my fingers they make it here in time...

We have a split stay with three resorts and the bands for the main portion of our stay should be able to be used at all three resorts according to the woman I spoke with at Disney. I ordered extra just in case but as long as you have one set they should work everywhere

There will be a notification in MDE and you should get an email.

My MDE has had problems lately saying they encountered a problem check back later. It has been saying that for weeks. I have not been able to do online check in because of it.

My friend received hers yesterday for a trip she is taking a month after mine.

USPS has done a lot of really wacky things with packages in general coming to me. Once you go that "it doesn't really need get anywhere" cheap price that disney uses things just go all over the place for no reason and probably lost until you let them know it's going the wrong direction.

Disney is using a company called One Stop Mailing who takes the package from Florida up to Pennsylvania (with some stops in-between). From there, it transfers to the USPS. My new MagicBand got held up for a few days in PA too.

Didn't your region just have a snow storm. I work for Usps and can tell you that most likely your package was slightly delayed due to that and even though your area might not have been affected another area like where the plant that has your package might have been thus delaying the delivery of the magicbands to your local post office and then delaying delivery to you. That would be my guess.

LOL, no. Check the date of the first post. ;)

I just today got my magic band that was shipped on 12/26! Part of that was it getting caught in some sort of weird postal eddy in California (I'm in WA) for 4 days after the new year holiday, and part was that our not-great local postman apparently delivered it to the wrong building first and then it had to get back to us. One Stop handed off to USPS in Reno, so this is all USPS doing.

Yep, this has been crazy. I got an e-mail yesterday at 5:12 am that said the bands shipped. Her was their path:
1/10 7pm Shipped from Davenport, FL
1/10 8:15pm Arrived in Tampa, FL
1/11 8:15pm InTransit to Destination
1/11 11:54pm Arrived in Warrendale, PA
1/12 4:13am Arrived at our post office (Pittsburgh, PA area)
It says they should be delivered today. :yay:

Our other set came through Illinois and took much longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter