Magic band JUST fits my husbands wrist...

LLLSRL

Mouseketeer
Just received our magic bands and I was a little worried how it would fit my husband because he has a massive wrist. Well it just made it, it snaps on the last 2 notches!! Now i'm going to be worried it may fall off, lol, so maybe i'll just have to carry it in my purse, we will see when we get there. Maybe they should have made them a bit bigger tho!

Get him a slip cover when you get to the world, that should hold

We found that ours actually stretched out as the week went on and we had to close them tighter. Maybe it will stretch out some as he wears it. We were there in 80 degree temps, so I don't know if the heat affected the stretching and if it would do the same in colder weather though.

We found that ours actually stretched out as the week went on and we had to close them tighter. Maybe it will stretch out some as he wears it. We were there in 80 degree temps, so I don't know if the heat affected the stretching and if it would do the same in colder weather though.

This is good to know-

Do you know if the Magic Bands irritate the skin? I'm only asking because I have sensitive skin.

I took the 'extra' part off and mine fits on the last 2 nitches of the smaller part. I just couldn't handle all that extra material if I left the larger part wrapped around. So techinically I'm in the same boat as your DH,OP. I'm not too worried. It seems pretty tight when snapped in place.

Do you know if the Magic Bands irritate the skin? I'm only asking because I have sensitive skin.

DD(7) and I both have very sensitive skin. I was worried about this. They didn't bother us at all, even in warmer temperatures. We actually really liked the magic bands- and DD typically absolutely hates wristbands- we told her it was a "bracelet" though. ;) It was really nice not to have to dig through purses and pockets for the cards to enter the room and the parks. (Not fond of MDE or FP+, but that is for another thread. :rotfl:). DD loved that she could walk up and open the room- she thought that was one of the coolest things ever.

Or get the slider thingy, although that might make it a little tight.

This is a legitimate use for superglue or epoxy.

LOL!

My husband's got huge wrists... he will fret about the thing when it gets here in a couple of weeks. I am so going to tell him that I'll Epoxy the thing on. I just hope I can keep a straight face while I do that.

I have sensitive skin and had no problem. I did wear it a little loose so not to sweat under it (which increases my chances of breaking out). I had thought I might have to buy one of the slips but didn't need one. (I was there late Oct and we had some high 80 degree afternoons)

I did however make sure I washed really well underneath and I took it off whenever I wasn't going to need it, so that my skin could air out.

LOL!

My husband's got huge wrists... he will fret about the thing when it gets here in a couple of weeks. I am so going to tell him that I'll Epoxy the thing on. I just hope I can keep a straight face while I do that.

It's 10" around (by my measuring tape) on the outside when at the last notches (like with the OP's husband's setting).

There's a set of 3 Star Wars themed coverbands for it. The material is like a bathing suit material (female suit, not board short material), really soft and slippery on the skin. There are also patterns for making covers for them online; passporter.com has an article with a neat idea or two!

DD(7) and I both have very sensitive skin. I was worried about this. They didn't bother us at all, even in warmer temperatures. We actually really liked the magic bands- and DD typically absolutely hates wristbands- we told her it was a "bracelet" though. ;) It was really nice not to have to dig through purses and pockets for the cards to enter the room and the parks. (Not fond of MDE or FP+, but that is for another thread. :rotfl:). DD loved that she could walk up and open the room- she thought that was one of the coolest things ever.

Thank you.:goodvibes

LOL!

Two words:
Duct tape :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter