Magic Band for Infant?

chrissydeon

Earning My Ears
We are heading down for an 8 day stay at Kidani in May, and I just finalized our Magic Band order. I am curious as to why my 8 month old is included in the order. He doesn't need park tickets yet, and certainly doesn't need room access, so why does he need a Magic Band?

He doesn't need it but they send them for everyone anyway.

And if you put it on him he won't be the only tiny baby wearing one.

If you are staying at a resort with a gated pool like SAB at the Yacht/Beach Club, they will ask to scan everyones band including infants and toddlers.
They don't necessarily have to wear it but you may be asked to show it before being admitted to the pool area. We personally experienced this at SAB.

They also do not know that you would not have a reason that the baby would not need one. There could be a situation where someone other than people staying in the same room as the baby needs to take the baby back to the rooom. (Examples: Extended family staying in multiple rooms/resorts; Relatives/Friends that live in the area; Hired babysitters.)

Also, where do they cut the age off? I know that under 3's are free to get in the parks, but a 2 year old is going to want a band if their 3-4 year old sibling has one.

Does anyone know if an under 3 would need a MB to show proof of resort stay for EMH privileges? It might make it easier for those with kids close to the age of 3 with not having to explain when entering a line.

They also do not know that you would not have a reason that the baby would not need one. There could be a situation where someone other than people staying in the same room as the baby needs to take the baby back to the rooom. (Examples: Extended family staying in multiple rooms/resorts; Relatives/Friends that live in the area; Hired babysitters.) Also, where do they cut the age off? I know that under 3's are free to get in the parks, but a 2 year old is going to want a band if their 3-4 year old sibling has one. Does anyone know if an under 3 would need a MB to show proof of resort stay for EMH privileges? It might make it easier for those with kids close to the age of 3 with not having to explain when entering a line.

Good point! I never thought of the 2-3 year olds wanting one/needing one for age verification. I wasn't complaining, I just didn't know if I was missing something. I couldn't think of any reason he "needed" it. But, I am thrilled we is getting one for a keepsake of his first visit!

So you are saying that the magic band is active even for a child under the age of 3?

So you are saying that the magic band is active even for a child under the age of 3?

No. They will give a child under 3 a magic band, but there will be no ticket info, dining credits nor will it be able to open a room door.

Does anyone know if an under 3 would need a MB to show proof of resort stay for EMH privileges? It might make it easier for those with kids close to the age of 3 with not having to explain when entering a line.

No, under 3 would not need a MB for EMH. They didn't need a KTTW either.

Apparently another reason they give them to the under 3 set is so toddlers won't feel left out.

No. They will give a child under 3 a magic band, but there will be no ticket info, dining credits nor will it be able to open a room door.

My DD's MB opened the doors during our last trip. She was 1.5 years old. Her's and DH's MB were the only ones working so I ended up wearing hers so that we'd have 2 keys to get in.

We were required to tap all of our party's Magic Bands to the door lock on our Intial access to our room in order for the bands to properly work. This included my eleven month old dd (this was two weeks ago). So, make sure you bring everyone's band with you. I never used her band again the entire trip.

We were required to tap all of our party's Magic Bands to the door lock on our Intial access to our room in order for the bands to properly work. This included my eleven month old dd (this was two weeks ago). So, make sure you bring everyone's band with you. I never used her band again the entire trip.

They just wanted you to test the bands to make sure they all opened the door. It's not required for activation

Apparently another reason they give them to the under 3 set is so toddlers won't feel left out.

We had one for my DD2 last year, made it the pink one and she loved 'scanning' her band when she went into the parks, the CM's also made an effort with her when she did this by saying 'well done' and some offering her band to be 'scanned' so she wasn't left out, even doing this on rides!

We thought we had lost it one day and went to reception to see if it had been handed in, not for worry someone else had it as no charging/tickets were on it, just for the fact she was so upset she didn't have one now, so the CM gave her a new one, just the plain grey tho and she added some charms to it to make it pretty. She was so kind, we did however find the pink one a few days later in DH's pocket!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter