Magic Band and AP question

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
OK, so with all of these different sets of magic bands that they now send out I was wondering if the first time you use your AP if they somehow store your finger print for the duration of the AP activation period so that regardless of the color band that you decide to use on that trip is it still tied in to the original finger print? Say I used a pink band when I activated the AP and then I switched on the next trip to a yellow band and then I add an orange band to my "collection" of bands and I forget which finger I used - is the system still going to look for me to use the same finger? (I know, probably a dumb question but what's the answer?)

OK, so with all of these different sets of magic bands that they now send out I was wondering if the first time you use your AP if they somehow store your finger print for the duration of the AP activation period so that regardless of the color band that you decide to use on that trip is it still tied in to the original finger print? Say I used a pink band when I activated the AP and then I switched on the next trip to a yellow band and then I add an orange band to my "collection" of bands and I forget which finger I used - is the system still going to look for me to use the same finger? (I know, probably a dumb question but what's the answer?)

Are you staying on-site? Just got back from a split stay Jambo/Kidani. I decided to keep my band from my May trip...DD (not annual pass) used the two different ones...one for Jambo and then the other for Kidani. I think the important thing first is to have the front desk at your resort make sure the AP is showing up on the band you are using. You may have to redo the fingerprint thing at the park...and may be asked for photo i.d. When I handed her my band at the desk, she scanned it and did some other things and all my dining reservations and stuff showed, along with my AP.

When we drove over to CR for dinner at the Wave, the guard scanned my band to check my story about dinner reservations. Then I asked him nicely if I could please park by the BLT lot (I hate the CR lot). Fine by him.

BTW, I lost track of your choice of which way to drive down. How did it go?

Nothing is on an individual MB. Everything is linked to your MDE account, including your fingerprint. You must use the same finger every time you enter the park using your AP. The only time you could change fingers is when you start using a completely new ticket.

Thanks guys. That's kinda what I thought.

deedisneydream97 - we ended up driving up & down on I-95 both ways. Probably a mistake - and I know - I was warned…went that way 'cuz DH didn't think there could be THAT much difference. Well, so we ended up leaving home mid-day that Friday (since DH ended up taking the day off it was a lot later than I thought it would be) so even tho we used the EasyPass lanes in No. VA they still stopped when it came time to merge (so we were frustrated because WHILE we were SITTING there in traffic the rates went up from like $3 to over $17)!! Anyway, once we got to Richmond it was OK. Just getting to that point was tedious. We stopped (randomly) in Florence for the night around 9:00 or 9:30. Since we hadn't made a reservation we were almost SOL on finding an open room…3rd hotel we tried was the charm. I called from the parking lot of hotel #2 and the rate they quoted me at their central res. center was like $40 or so more than what I ended up getting as a walk-in to the desk (with my rewards / loyalty info. - I think it was a Comfort Suites or something)!! Strange, huh? ANYWAY, no other problems going down. We took DH's Ford Fusion hybrid and only spent about $60 each way in gas (and had gas left in the tank both ways too). Can't beat that!! On the way home we once again got a later start than what we wanted and of course hit roadwork on I-95 and the beltway once we got back to the DC area. NOT what anybody wants to go thru at 2:00 am on a Sunday night after driving for like 14 hours. Did we learn our lesson? Hummm.:confused3 Not sure!! :rotfl: LOL. Guess we'll see if we decide to drive again next summer (will depend if it looks like DH has enough mileage to spare on his lease)!! Going in January too but got a sweet deal on Jet Blue for that trip. :thumbsup2

Thanks guys. That's kinda what I thought.

deedisneydream97 - we ended up driving up & down on I-95 both ways. Probably a mistake - and I know - I was warned…went that way 'cuz DH didn't think there could be THAT much difference. Well, so we ended up leaving home mid-day that Friday (since DH ended up taking the day off it was a lot later than I thought it would be) so even tho we used the EasyPass lanes in No. VA they still stopped when it came time to merge (so we were frustrated because WHILE we were SITTING there in traffic the rates went up from like $3 to over $17)!! Anyway, once we got to Richmond it was OK. Just getting to that point was tedious. We stopped (randomly) in Florence for the night around 9:00 or 9:30. Since we hadn't made a reservation we were almost SOL on finding an open room…3rd hotel we tried was the charm. I called from the parking lot of hotel #2 and the rate they quoted me at their central res. center was like $40 or so more than what I ended up getting as a walk-in to the desk (with my rewards / loyalty info. - I think it was a Comfort Suites or something)!! Strange, huh? ANYWAY, no other problems going down. We took DH's Ford Fusion hybrid and only spent about $60 each way in gas (and had gas left in the tank both ways too). Can't beat that!! On the way home we once again got a later start than what we wanted and of course hit roadwork on I-95 and the beltway once we got back to the DC area. NOT what anybody wants to go thru at 2:00 am on a Sunday night after driving for like 14 hours. Did we learn our lesson? Hummm.:confused3 Not sure!! :rotfl: LOL. Guess we'll see if we decide to drive again next summer (will depend if it looks like DH has enough mileage to spare on his lease)!! Going in January too but got a sweet deal on Jet Blue for that trip. :thumbsup2

Ugh, what a nightmare. We just got back last weekend, but took 78 to 81 to 64 to 288 to 95 (we came out right below Richmond). Did the overnight in Brunswick, GA. We should have left earlier to come back, but wanted to enjoy AKL a bit and didn't leave until 1:30 in the afternoon. Plans were to make it to Wilson, NC, but once we crossed into NC I knew I wouldn't make it (bad traffic on I-4 to 95, near tornado in SC, almost ran over a dog on I-95, I was exhausted). DD got on the phone with AAA and they were able to cancel our room in Wilson and get us a room in Fayetteville. Paid way too much ($140) but our lives were more important!!! But it was the cleanest I-95 hotel I had ever been in (Fairfield). We saw a number of Disney visitors dragging in after us (10 pm).

If I ever drive again, I would stay at the resort late and then check in to a value or something and then leave at 8 a.m. to be behind Jacksonville commuter traffic.

I'm already missing the AKL...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter