magic band 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my MB for my late January trip last weekend, and they were the old type. I ordered our new AP bands about two days after the ship date for the resort bands, and all three of the AP bands are the new ones. I am hoping the accessories come out soon, as none of us really like wearing the bands and would love an alternate method of wearing them.

I think I read somewhere, maybe earlier in this thread, that they are getting rid of the original bands before sending the new ones out to resort/dvc reservations.

MB2 shipped 12/20 and came in yesterday. These feel better than MB1, mind you I had no issues with MB1 but if you made me choose, MB2 feels lighter and more flexible. I wore it around the house and forgot I had it on. I barely notice it.
IMG_5199.JPG

Mu concern is not how it feels, I don't mind the old one, but the width. Is it a lot wider then the old one?
I wear my band on the same wrist as a watch and it is already difficult.
I may go to one of the key rings and hook it on my bag

Anyone know if these are in any of the locations where you can customize magic bands with the UV ink printers in each of the parks?

Anyone know if these are in any of the locations where you can customize magic bands with the UV ink printers in each of the parks?
They didn't have them in the shop outside Space Sunday - we asked.

Currently, the MagicBand on-demand locations can only print on MB1.

When we used the old MagicBands, we had them signed by characters using sharpies, can sharpies be used on the new MagicBands (2.0)?

Mu concern is not how it feels, I don't mind the old one, but the width. Is it a lot wider then the old one?
I wear my band on the same wrist as a watch and it is already difficult.
I may go to one of the key rings and hook it on my bag

Here it is next to my 38mm apple watch for comparison...I don't like the width at all, even though I will wear the magic band and watch on different wrists.

When we used the old MagicBands, we had them signed by characters using sharpies, can sharpies be used on the new MagicBands (2.0)?

The band part is the same material....the circle with the Mickey head is different. It's like a hard plastic, not the flexible rubber. But the band itself should be fine with a sharpie.

Got the new version when I got my AP band in the mail at the end of December... and it is simply not going to work on my tiny wrists with my fitbit. Does anyone know if MB2.0 can be traded at guest services for the old style? Its just so WIDE! I wish we had the option of old or new style, at least for a while.

Friend on another Disney board is doing a split stay in late January. Got old MB for first stay (pink, orange, red), and new ones for her second (blue, green, purple)!

We've got blue green and purple (and grey and orange) for our February stay, so should get new ones :)

Got the new version when I got my AP band in the mail at the end of December... and it is simply not going to work on my tiny wrists with my fitbit. Does anyone know if MB2.0 can be traded at guest services for the old style? Its just so WIDE! I wish we had the option of old or new style, at least for a while.

Do you have an old MB you can use instead?

Wear it on the other wrist?

Get one of the keychains or whatever that the fob (or whatever we're calling it) can go into?

Don't wear it at all and just put it in a purse/bag/pocket?

Friend on another Disney board is doing a split stay in late January. Got old MB for first stay (pink, orange, red), and new ones for her second (blue, green, purple)!

We've got blue green and purple (and grey and orange) for our February stay, so should get new ones :)
When is her check in for her 2nd half?

Do you have an old MB you can use instead?

Wear it on the other wrist?

Get one of the keychains or whatever that the fob (or whatever we're calling it) can go into?

Don't wear it at all and just put it in a purse/bag/pocket?

I have one old one that I'll probably end up wearing, I may buy a novelty band if they are still available in Feb when I'm there. Attempted to wear 2.0 on my other wrist for an evening at home and it was driving me nuts!

I carry a small backpack into the park, but I imagine trying to dig around to get the band for a fastpass would drive me nuts, and I'd have the same issue with the various accessories. Cute idea, but I still wish I could choose to have the old, thinner band because I really liked them. Accidentally wore one instead of my fitbit on a particularly hazy morning, ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter