Magic band + … will it work on DCL as well?

GroguAndStitch

Mouseketeer
I have been on the fence about getting a magic band + for my family of 4 for our first big Disney week next March. I see the magic band 2 is officially off the shop Disney site so 34.99$ a pop is my only option. Eye roll. At least there’s a 25% off promo right now so I could save $20 if I ordered them now.

But I’m wondering if realistically, if we end up taking a DCL cruise in the next year afterwards, if that would make it worth it. Had anyone taken their magic band + and used it as a “Disney band+” yet?

I haven’t done it, but I know from multiple reliable sources that the MB+ is the same as the Disney Band+ used on DCL. They had to change the name due to MB+ already being in use in Europe for someone else’s product. So if you buy MB+ now, you can use them on your DCL cruise.

I will be able to report back on this soon. We leave in 4 days for a land and sea trip where we are bookending our cruise with the parks. Since we’re starting at WDW we got magicband+ and then we’ll use them onboard. It’s supposed to work so I’ll confirm if it does or doesn’t.

I have been on the fence about getting a magic band + for my family of 4 for our first big Disney week next March. I see the magic band 2 is officially off the shop Disney site so 34.99$ a pop is my only option. Eye roll. At least there’s a 25% off promo right now so I could save $20 if I ordered them now.

But I’m wondering if realistically, if we end up taking a DCL cruise in the next year afterwards, if that would make it worth it. Had anyone taken their magic band + and used it as a “Disney band+” yet?
I just copied and pasted this from the DCL website while preparing for our cruise in January:

Already have a Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort MagicBand+? You can use it as a DisneyBand+ during your Disney cruise (for select ships and itineraries).

I don't have first hand experience as our cruise isn't until 28 days but I spoke to the cruise line as my family just bought our MagicBand+ and we were told you absolutely could use them on a cruise. We're using ours at Disney World right before we cruise too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter