• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic April 6, 2012

ha! not yet but payment is due soon. have you researched any excursions while in port? we are looking at bernards in st Maarten,i told my wife i have to go to maho beach and check out the jets landing.

Nope, haven't checked anything yet. What do you mean jets? Fighter jets? I need more info!

Amber

I googled it! That looks cool! Loud, but cool! We used to live in MD and loved to go the park by BWI and see the planes come in!

We're torn between 2 privately non-DCL run excursion....both are basically the same but one is one St Thomas, the other on St Maarten. They're Pirate ship, snorkling trips that we've done in the past & LOVED! Since the one is shorter this time than last (Lord Sheffield) due to Royal Carribean being in port the same day, we may go with the other this time...which I think DCL may actually be offering through their own excursions this time :cool1: I have to look into it more closely.

We are almost all paid off! Just made another payment yesterday :woohoo: Trying to pay it off a chunk each month to easy the pain....plus don't want to get slammed right before Christmas!

We're off to see the Mouse tomorrow so when we return in a week, it's full on cruise planning time!

Anyone paid in full yet? We wanted to do it soon before all those Christmas bills come up...Yikes! Plus I think Dec 21 is our day for Check in....seems so close :eek:

We are Paid in Full! :dance3: Our on-lin check in day is coming up fast....12/23...Yikes! Got to start looking into those excursions, start picking spa treatments....

Anyone decided what they are doing yet? Anyone planning on Palos?

How did you get a date of December 23? We were given January 22. Do I need to follow up somewhere?

Sorry for confusion....we have earlier booking because we are gold castaway members. 105 days prior I think. Silver is 90 days? I just go by what it says on the screen on the website.

Don't worry about us though...we don't book Palo dinners :thumbsup2

Thanks. We don't do Palo either or excursions. I thought checking in was just part of the cruise process and maybe getting an earlier port arrival time. I read how everyone scrambles to check in in the middle of the night when their day hits. I just figured I need to also, just wasn't sure why.

You know it's crazy, but I'll probably still do it in the middle of the night. It's kind of tradition for me :upsidedow

I do want to get an early boarding time. The kids like to swim in the pool when we first board since the pools are practically empty. Plus I know they will be driving me crazy all that morning asking me "when are we getting on the ship, when are we getting on the ship, when are we getting on the ship...." ;)

We usually do excursions on our own but I haven't even looked at DCL's yet. That's my project for the next few days...hopefully! With Christmas coming up so fast, I feel like I have no time for anything! Yikes!

all checked in, spa appointments booked & our 1 excursion is too :cool1: Starting to feel more "real"

Hope everyone has a great holiday!:love:

Ok Christmas was a blast this morning, but now I am ready for the cruise!

I can't check in or anything until January 22...but I don't plan on booking anything because I have no idea what, where, how...lol! This is our first cruise ever and I think we just need to figure out that part!

I am so excited about no cell phone, no Internet, no work calls for my husband to take! It will be a real vacation!

Woohoo!!

Merry Christmas!

Amber

This will be our first cruise. Me, dh, ds14, dd10, dd8. Trying to figure this all out. We are playing Disney scene it right now from Christmas. Any suggestions for a new cruiser? We are bringing my mom and her sister also.

Welcome to the thread! I won't be any help at all since I'm in the same boat as you (no pun intended) and this is also our 1st cruise!

I'm so excited though! Back to school tomorrow for us! I'm ready to go back just so we can get to spring break!

Amber

We have to make our final payment by this Friday and then we can book our spa treatments, Palo etc. Do you need to make character breakfast time or is it assigned? Also, do we have anyone doing the fish extenders on our cruise? Also-on St. Thomas day do you think we are better off going to Megans Bay or doing catamaran in St. John? Heard the beaches are awesome! So excited!

Welcome Mickeymel! We're cruising with my DD7 who will be turning 8 a week after we cruise. She'll be excited to see another girl her age! (And DS will be 12 1/2)

The character breakfast is assigned automatically. There is a website that I can't post on here that has the dining rotations, menus & updated navigators on it. I only mention it b/c it also tells you what day the character breakfast usually is based on your potential dining rotation. If you PM me, I can send you my facebook info and I can send you the link. disboards would ban me if I send the link directly through here :angel:

We've done the fish extender trades in the past and it's always been a lot of fun. Our last cruise we had over 35 participants so this one would be so much easier for us :woohoo: The kids love coming back to the room & finding new goodies in the FE. No one's really mentioned it yet so I'm not sure if anyone has thought about organizing it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter