Magic April 6, 2012

I am new to Disney Cruise Line, but not new to cruising. This will be first cruise with kids ( DS 5 and DS 3). We are super excited as this will also be their first Disney experience!! Hope to meet some experienced Disney people on this board and share some planning ideas! :dance3:

We plan to stay at the resort post cruise for a few days in Magic Kingdom..

HI,

You can add us to this cruise :cool1: Myself, DH, DS-12, DD-7. This will be our 6th DCL cruise. Can't wait to go back again :love:

This will be our first cruise. My husband and I are traveling with my sister and my niece. Her 7th birthday is on embarkation day. We can't wait!

Welcome!

I'm surprised there isn't more activity for this cruise considering it's Spring Break....at least in our area. I guess everyone is doing the Fantasy instead that week. I actually prefer the Magic to the larger ships though. :love:

This will be our first cruise ever! Me, my husband, and our 8yr old son! We are so excited!!

Amber

Welcome Amber! 8yrs old is a great age for this cruise! I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Thanks! He actually turns 8 on Monday...so he is still my 7 year old baby for now!

I know we are many months away from this cruise but I'm just trying to figure out as much as I can while I wait for spring break...lol...castaways cay's food, is it expensive? How does that work?

I'm sure I'm going to have a million questions. Please be patient with me! I'm just really excited and totally clueless!

I still have to tell my principal that I need off the Friday before our break, so I'm also nervous. Bad combo...lol! Why couldn't this cruise be sat to sat?

Amber

My DD "baby" will be turning 8 a week after our cruise. Can't believe she's going into 2nd grade already!

All the food on Castaway Cay is free, included in the cruise. The only thing to pay for on the island is specialty/alcoholic drinks, any rental equipment and souveniers. Soda, juice, water are all free too. :) Ask away...I love talking about Disney & everyone around here is sick of hearing me :lmao:

So far our kids are off on the Friday....it's one of our "Snow Days" we get back if we don't use any during the winter. Keeping my fingers crossed for a mild winter! We're already taking them out 3 days in November for our WDW trip. My DS is in Middle School now and it's getting so much harder to take them out.

You can tell me anything and everything you know about cruising with Disney. I did ZERO research, and booked the trip exactly 12 minutes after my husband and I decided to do it. I based my whole choice on the dates (my school and my son's school both have spring break that week). When that week came up as an option, I booked it. We have no idea what we are doing! But it sure is exciting!! At first I wasn't even sure how many nights I booked because I did the whole thing so fast. I just knew I booked the least expensive room, because it was in the budget. I'm sure that will be fine for us. I hope so at least!

I will take all tips/advice/information!

Someone did tell me that it is cheaper to book a night at a hotel near the port and just leave your car there. I think we might do that. Drive down Thursday after school and then relax Friday morning until we have to go to the port.

I don't want to wish away the school year but I am so excited to try this cruise out!

I wish schools saw the value of a family taking a vacation together and were more accepting of the student missing some time. one of those things I will never understand...

Amber

I agree about the schools! I always get a tad jealous reading some fo the posts here where the school actually encourage families to take off during the school year. Our teachers aren't allowed to give work in advance and they don't have to allow the kids to make up any work and can give them a zero. (Fortunately, so far all the teachers we've had have been great about helping us out. It's more the district administration that's the problem.

We usually fly in the night before and stay at one of the hotels in the area. We rent from Budget one-way and drop it off at the Cocoa Bch location, then they bring us to the port. On the way home, we do the opposite. Sounds like you are driving down so I guess that doesn't help LOL I've heard some of the hotels let you park at their lot....that sounds like a great option...much cheaper than parking at the port. Plus, it's always good to have that first night in the area. It puts us more in vacation mode, much more relaxing than scurrying around the morning of the cruise. We don't have to worry about delayed flights, lost luggage etc, and we can get to the port as early as possible.

Our kids usually run right for the pool arrival day. They practically get it to themselves! We get lunch, bring it out to the pool area and then they can go swim/slide. On sea-days, the pool areas can get crazy so they stay in the clubs most of the time.

I forgot how much of my time is taken when I'm back at school...lol!

Especially when all I want to do is go on this cruise and see if we like this kind of vacation!

More later...

Amber

Where oh where is everyone else? I figured this would be a very busy thread...since it is Spring Break time. Hmmmmm.

I am still just so excited! I decided to try to diet tom pass the time. Haha!

Amber

I see a lot of people talking about how DCL always does sat to sat cruises...is our fri to fri rare? Or that's how they are in April??

Just curious...

Amber

Kids are finally back in school today :cool1: After the hurricane and last week of summer vacation craziness, it's been quite hectic around here.

I think the Fantasy is taking over the Saturday to Saturday schedule, so the Magic is pushed to the Friday to Friday. The Dream will be on the Sunday/Thursday one. I usually like Sat-Sat better but I think with Easter, this will work out better. We'll be all settled in already on Friday night. The first night always seems so hectic with unpacking, excitement etc. Hopefully, the kids will be easier to get to bed on Saturday night so we can set up a little something in the room for them for Sunday morning. At least that's the plan! I'm sure something will happen to change it :upsidedow

Are you planning on celebrating Easter or Passover on the ship?

Add us in! We are also from Long Island and are going because of Spring Break. It will be me-Stephanie, my husband-Chris, and our 3 daughters 7, 16, and 13. We have only done a 4 night on the Wonder and are very excited for a 7 day!

Welcome aboard!

Hope you made out ok with the hurricane! :goodvibes

Yes, we had no power for 3 days but other than that we were fine! Anyone else concerned about condition of the Magic? Keep reading bad reviews lately. We absolutely loved the Wonder in 2008.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter