Magic Access pass for hotel discounts

kristoff

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm planning a visit to HK Disneyland in January. Am waiting for any special offers to be announced on the websites, but nothing so far. We are planning two nights, and thinking about booking into the Kingdom Club rooms.
Am currently debating if it is worth buying one Magic Access pass to get the Hotel discounts.

Can anyone tell me if this is worth it? The rough calculations I've done put it pretty even in cost, but you get the additional discounts in the park as well.
Would it work if we had just the one pass for all of us? It would be in my name, and I'll do the hotel booking as well.

Interested to hear anyone's thoughts on this. Also any idea when the 2015 offers will be listed on the website?

Thanks!

I have found with HKDL that they don't really have set offers like WDW has. If you're lucky, you may stumble upon one (like we did for our honeymoon), but if they do have them, they're generally for longer stays. Ours was stay 3 nights get the 4th free.

If you've worked out that you'll break even just with the hotel discount using an MAP, why not get one? You only need one per family to get the discounts, both on your accommodation and on your restaurant/merchandise discounts. We even managed to squeeze a second trip out of ours that made it even more worthwhile!

You will need to call the hotel to get your discount. I found that they were super nice and helpful, and had no problem with a language barrier at all. I did get a very surprised reaction when I said that I was calling from Australia with a MAP :rotfl:

We just got back about a week ago, and got the Gold pass for my wife -- October is her birthday month.

We ended up staying 2 nights, and that was about the break-even point after factoring in the goodies we got. For example, we took advantage of a 2-for-1 breakfast buffet and also the 1-time merchandise discount in the park.

At 3 nights it would've paid for itself based on the room alone.

We were able to do all the bookings via email, though I did call up to provide a credit card.

We ended up getting platinum ones because we're returning next year on the way home from our Norway cruise. For this trip the card got us 30% off accommodation so we opted for Kingdom Club too. It was a great experience but I probably wouldn't do KK again unless it's that heavily discounted again. Spend all your time in the park!

If it's break-even just on the hotel prices alone, why not just get one? You can use the discounts on food and merchandise both in the hotel and in the park. There are some block-out dates in January so check it out before hand though.

Kingdom Club also provides some hot breakfast (Mickey waffle, egg, sausage, pastries, etc), snacks, and some drinks. So you can save extra on breakfast as well. The breakfast selection is not as extensive as the buffet downstairs but it's enough to fill you up before going to the park. Plus, you don't have to make a reservations for it - which I found very convenient.

-- Would it work if we had just the one pass for all of us? It would be in my name, and I'll do the hotel booking as well.
Magic Access Pass can provide discount to one hotel room. On my last 4-night HKDL trip, I ended up getting the Platinum MAP for my kid because the cost is much cheaper. ;) Had no problem in getting discounts for the room, the food, or the merchandises both at the hotel and the park.

that is/was our plan as well when planning on going next year in April when is my hubby birthday...

Thanks for your replies everyone.

So technically, could I buy a magic access pass for my son only and use that to get the hotel discount? It's his birthday whilst we are at the park, so it would be great if we could claim the additional birthday freebies.

Thanks for your replies everyone.

So technically, could I buy a magic access pass for my son only and use that to get the hotel discount? It's his birthday whilst we are at the park, so it would be great if we could claim the additional birthday freebies.

Yes. We had my parents travelling with us and they could purchase the MAP at the senior price. In 2012, you could only book one room per MAP and we needed two rooms. Both my parents ended up getting the MAP as the discount on the room was more than breakeven for the 2 night stay. The rooms ended up being booked under each of their individual names but that wasn't an issue for us staying in one room and my parents being in the other.

Have you called to speak to HK Disney? The CM that I spoke to on the phone was very helpful. She ran the numbers for me whilst I was on the phone with her and confirmed what I had already determined. Seems like they are trained to work out the best options for the customers...at least that was the situation in 2012.

If you get a MAP for your son and he has a birthday, make sure you tell the CM that when you are booking. They do note it down in the system and you will be able to claim the extra freebies for him.
FWIW - We travelled in late March and it was my mother's birthday in March. It ticked over to April the first full day we arrived and the CM I spoke to got special permission for my mother to claim her freebie benefits in April. It was noted in the system and she had no issues with claiming them.

Yes. As long as you are the parent and your son is travelling with you, you can use your child's magic access pass to get discounts on room and food both at the hotels and at the park.

To use the birthday privileges, your trip just has to be in the same month as your son's birthday. (It doesn't even have to be on his birthday... ) There are Birthday Privileges - but only for Platinum and Gold level.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter