MAGIC 8530 Royal Suite

andrencau

Mouseketeer
I just booked a 4 night Bahama cruise on the Magic for January 2014. First time Disney Cruiser, 2nd time cruiser. I want to know everything. Must do's, what do I get with concierge, how is the Royal Suite, best activities on and off the ship. Literally anything and everything. Please enlighten me

We had this suite in October of 2012. We loved it. We asked for Palo. We did not like the dinner menu so our concierge suggested order the pizzas from there for lunch and they were great. We also order breakfast from one of the resturant. We were able to get a ipad for the week. We had some laundry done also ( no charge). We asked for a bridge tour also and got it. We had Danny as our concierge and he was great. Enjoy the cruise, Deanna

Congrats!!! andrencau we just booked a 1 bedroom on the Magic the updates look incredible!!!

We had this suite in October of 2012. We loved it. We asked for Palo. We did not like the dinner menu so our concierge suggested order the pizzas from there for lunch and they were great. We also order breakfast from one of the resturant. We were able to get a ipad for the week. We had some laundry done also ( no charge). We asked for a bridge tour also and got it. We had Danny as our concierge and he was great. Enjoy the cruise, Deanna

I have a quick question did you just order the Palo pizzas? Like you did not have to even go to brunch???

Also I am in a 1 bedroom do you think if we ask our concierge we could do a bridge tour or is that only because you had the Royal Suite?

I think that only the royal suites can order from Palo. Yes, our concierge order the pizza and had it delivered to our room. I would just ask your concierge about the bridge tour. This was our third time staying concierge but first time in the royal suite. We have asked everytime to see the bridge. they let us this time. I think it has to with the concierge and how good they are. deanna

Are children able to go on Bridge Tour?

Are children able to go on Bridge Tour?

Don't think just because you are booked in one of the Royal suites you will get the tour. It really really depends on your concierge. We were in the Roy and we paid for our dry cleaning. I know others have had certain things for free in 1 bedroom suites and others not. Some experienced Concierges do alot to make passengers happy. Others go strictly by the book.

We are going to be in one after dry dock. I'm super excited!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our kids went on the bridge tour with us. We were in a royal suite and the kids were 1 and 5.

Our kids went with us but they are older(16 and 14). I also think that it has to do with the concierge that you have. Danny was be far the best concierge that we have had yet. Deanna

I would suspect it's the Captains decision, not the concierge's.

Now I'm curious if those who toured the bridge had the same Captain. :scratchin

So, the topic kind of got off subject. Anybody else have anything?

When in January? We are going on the Magic with another family that will be in 8530, and we will be in 8532. We have cruised in a 1BR a couple of times. Captain John invited us to dinner way back-- more than 10 years ago. I don't know if the captains do that anymore. Our kids got to join us on a sail away from one of the islands, and they got to push the button that played the Mickey Whistle. Those were the days!

Here are some pictures I took when we were in this room.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=11486606&postcount=11

And some of the Walt:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14941477&postcount=117

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14941627&postcount=120

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14941746&postcount=122

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=14941850&postcount=124

As for the Bridge Tour....it's NEVER guaranteed. Ever since 9-11, the bridge tours were supposedly cancelled. Most of the time, we've found that concierge can help coordinate a tour with the Captain....his secretary (or whatever she's called) anyway.....but it doesn't always happen.

The odds have seemed better on a longer cruise, as opposed to a 3 or 4 day. We've been on the bridge with 3 different Captain's, so I don't think which Captain it is makes a difference.

I'm not sure if the piano is still in the Walt or not.

The only difference between the Walt and the Roy (other than the piano) is the coloring of the wood.

When in January? We are going on the Magic with another family that will be in 8530, and we will be in 8532. We have cruised in a 1BR a couple of times. Captain John invited us to dinner way back-- more than 10 years ago. I don't know if the captains do that anymore. Our kids got to join us on a sail away from one of the islands, and they got to push the button that played the Mickey Whistle. Those were the days!

DVCNuts...I loved 8532! So excited for you guys! :cheer2:

I wonder who that other family is ;)

Have never been able to do a bridge tour, maybe this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter