Magic 4 night Bahamas cruise 4-28-14

Hi all, my husband and our 2 children were supposed to be on the Magic 10/20, we were cancelled and have rescheduled for this cruise. Thinking about doing back to back cruises on the a Magic. This will be our second cruise. Sad we have to wait until April now but getting a free cruise certainly makes up for it. I have done FE before and would gladly coordinate the group if anyone is interested. Especially since we were supposed to be doing FE with 100 ppl on the 10/20 cruise......(still disappointed that Disney didn't have the ship ready in time)
Christine

We were also booked on the Oct. 20th cruise. Doing our "free" cruise on April 28th as well. We ended up sailing on the Dream in October. Really sad - we had to sail past the Magic in drydock. The crew was on deck and waved as we sailed by. really looking forward to being back on board. This is Disney cruise #11 for us.

Hi all, would love to participate with the FE. Is there still space?. What do I need to do?

We're first time Disney Cruisers but have cruised many times!! So excited for the "Magic"
Thanks a bunch!

So the FE group is a group of people onboard who do a gift exchange. There really aren't any rules, google Fish extender or search on etsy to see the door hangers with pockets that go outside your stateroom door. Think party favors. I will give some examples of things we have received in the past. Picture frames, tote bags, cruise ship survival kits, candy, flashlights/night lights, reusable water bottles, personalized items-i.e. christmas ornaments with family name, tattoos, lots of pirate items, mini alcohol bottles, cookie cutters with recipes attached, coloring books/crayons, packaged food items, "pixie dust", and the list goes on….
Last time I did an exchange with 21 room, I gave individual gifts for each child and gave a stateroom gift of salt water taffys. The FE I was supposed to participate in on the 10/20 cruise, I was giving one gift bag per room with a "kit" inside.(35 rooms).
In any event, I won't lie, it is quite a lot of work secondary to what you are going to give, ages of children involved and allergy info. But I can say that my children were positively thrilled coming back to their stateroom to see what "surprises" were in their fish extender, and that alone is enough to have me do it over and over again.
SO in any event, now that I have some experience with this, I am completely willing to put together the master FE list and coordinate it for any families who want to participate.

Hi there, would love to participate. Is there still space to join the fun?
Many thanks!! :)

Also...I was just reading a lot of articles about how unsafe Nassau is. I was at Atlantis in 2005 and I didn't seem to notice any crime, but a lot of what I read compares Nassau to Detroit.... We have reservations at the British Colonial Hilton for the day, which is a 5 block walk from the port. Has anyone walked around that area? Is it safe?

Also...I was just reading a lot of articles about how unsafe Nassau is. I was at Atlantis in 2005 and I didn't seem to notice any crime, but a lot of what I read compares Nassau to Detroit.... We have reservations at the British Colonial Hilton for the day, which is a 5 block walk from the port. Has anyone walked around that area? Is it safe?

I have never been to Detroit, so I am not sure how it compares. But I found it similar to the downtown areas of major cities. I am not sure if you have been to Hollywood but I find it kind of similar to that.

I have read about muggings happening there. I would just suggest that you don't let yourself look like a target. I was likely over-prepared, but I didn't carry a bag and we put our passports, one credit card, and some cash in an under-the-shirt pouch (This one). If you get a pouch, make sure you tuck the strap into your shirt so it isn't visible. I also had a little bit of cash in my pocket, so if I wanted to buy something I wouldn't have to pull it out of the pouch. Some cash could also be stuck in a bra. Be aware of your surroundings and walk tall! Like I said, I probably did not need to go to all that trouble, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

The British Colonial Hilton looks pretty close to Señor Frogs. A lot of people walk there from the ships so there should be a decent amount of foot-traffic.

I have not been to the Hilton but from what I see on Google maps and have read, here are your directions. Once you get off the ship, continue south towards the city. You'll see some hair-braiding vendors and a fence. You can stay on the inside of the fence, if you so wish, and walk west, towards Señor Frogs. Once the fence ends, you can walk on the sidewalk, still towards Señor Frogs. You may pass some vendors selling shells and things. Once you hit Señor Frogs, turn left and follow the sidewalk. You'll see the side of the Hilton. Keep walking and turn right to get to the front of the building. This is the way I went to Señor Frogs and I felt perfectly safe.

(Larger version, here.)

I hope that helps!

Hey, I started a group on Facebook under Disney dream cruise 4/28/14. Thought it would be fun to upload pictures and Videos from the trip. Happy I found this forum, this is not the first cruise I have been on but it is my girls first cruise and my first Disney cruise do needless to say we are excited. Let's get this journey started.

Just wanted to thank CFalcon614 for the work on coordinating the Fish Extender list for our cruise! It is still amazing to me how much of a phenomenon this has become. When I handed out the first Fish Extenders on the 2005 Panama Canal Cruise, never in a million years did I think it would turn into this. Yes... I am the one responsible for starting this madness :) Just everyone remember it is all fun and about the giving and not necessarily the receiving.

Debbie

Hello, we are going on our first Disney Cruise on 4/28 and I just learned about the FE today. I was wondering if there is any way for my family to join in the fun? Is there a group that does late sign ups?

Please let me know!

Thanks,
Kelli

We just booked! Can't wait to join you all! A bit about us we are a family of 5. Myself, dh, 8 year old girl, 5 year old boy, and a 3 year old boy. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise.

We would love to join in on the FE if we can. Did them on the last cruise and loved it!

Hi All-
We will be joining you on the 4/28 sailing. It has been so busy I completely forgot to get involved with the thread. We are a family of 5, myself (Tom), DW (Annemarie) and our three daughters- 15, 12 and 5. This is our second cruise and can not wait to see what they have changed on the ship. We are staying at AKL for a few days before the cruise and Boardwalk a few days after the cruise.

Hi All- We will be joining you on the 4/28 sailing. It has been so busy I completely forgot to get involved with the thread. We are a family of 5, myself (Tom), DW (Annemarie) and our three daughters- 15, 12 and 5. This is our second cruise and can not wait to see what they have changed on the ship. We are staying at AKL for a few days before the cruise and Boardwalk a few days after the cruise.
Welcome aboard

Hello there we just booked this cruise last minute--- was wondering if there is still room to join we have two sons ages 12 an 8

Please let me know if we can participate
I also sent request to join Facebook group waiting on response to ask if room
Thank u
Cynthia

Hello there we just booked this cruise last minute--- was wondering if there is still room to join we have two sons ages 12 an 8 Please let me know if we can participate I also sent request to join Facebook group waiting on response to ask if room Thank u Cynthia

Welcome!

traveling with us we have a

13 yrs -Luis (male) plus mom Veronica

12 yrs- Richie (male)
8 yrs- Christopher ( male) plus mom (Monica) and dad (Richard Jr)

we have 2 rooms. 2520 and 2518.

Can you let me know how many are in group to prepare for.

Thank you
:cool1:

traveling with us we have a 13 yrs -Luis (male) plus mom Veronica 12 yrs- Richie (male) 8 yrs- Christopher ( male) plus mom (Monica) and dad (Richard Jr) we have 2 rooms. 2520 and 2518. Can you let me know how many are in group to prepare for. Thank you :cool1:

They have closed off the FE list as of the 15th. But I know some family's might have made a few extra items and they might be willing to add to their personal list. Were you able to get on the Facebook page?

I have an 8 year old girl, glad to have another kid her age!

No I did not get a response. Do u know who might have extra so I can prepare to also give and what room number

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter