Magic 4 night Bahamas cruise 4-28-14

We are going on our first Disney Cruise!! We are so excited..it will be my husband, my 10 year old daughter (celebrating a birthday), 6 year old daughter, 2 year old son, and myself (celebrating a birthday). I have heard so much about the fish extender thing and was wanting to see if anyone knew of one for our cruise. It sounds like so much fun!!

Does anyone know how birthdays are celebrated on the dream? My DGS is going to be 10

Does anyone know how birthdays are celebrated on the dream? My DGS is going to be 10

I've never cruised on DCL, however, from what I was told, they will probably sing to you and bring you a special desert, during dinner. However, you need to let them know in advance that you're celebrating a birthday. DS turns 5 two weeks before our cruise and I have already informed DCL that we will be celebrating his birthday on the cruise.

This will be our first time in Nassau. Does anyone know of (family) things to do while there? DS will be 5, so we're limited on things we can do. I know he will definitely want to go to the beach, however, I was wondering if there are other things to do or places to go or see, other than us just going to the beach. We were on a (non-Disney) cruise to Turks and Caicos last month and we did a "stop and go" excursion. It was a van that took us to 3 or 4 stops on the island, where we could get off and walk around at our leisure, and catch the next van when it came (it came every 30 minutes). The last stop was the beach. It was also reasonably priced...only $30. It would be great if I could find something like that again. However, all suggestions would be gladly appreciated!

Finally taking the plunge into cruising! And this 4 day trip will be my daughter's 4th bday present. Bringing along my mom (she just turned 60).
Open to any suggestions, tips, advice etc.
Traveling from Southern Ontario (using Buffalo airport).
I'm a single parent - will there be other singles too? or are the cruises geared toward 2 parent families?
Do I have to pre-book my daughter into activities or do I just take her to activities once on board?
I didn't automatically get a room assignment when I booked online with Disney - should I call to request a specific room and deck?
Thanks in advance....clearly I have no clue what to expect.
;)

Finally taking the plunge into cruising! And this 4 day trip will be my daughter's 4th bday present. Bringing along my mom (she just turned 60).
Open to any suggestions, tips, advice etc.
Traveling from Southern Ontario (using Buffalo airport).
I'm a single parent - will there be other singles too? or are the cruises geared toward 2 parent families?
Do I have to pre-book my daughter into activities or do I just take her to activities once on board?
I didn't automatically get a room assignment when I booked online with Disney - should I call to request a specific room and deck?
Thanks in advance....clearly I have no clue what to expect.
;)

This will be my 3rd time (DS 2nd time) cruising. However, we've never been on a Disney cruise. I am not single, therefore, it will be DH, DS (who will turn 5 two weeks before the cruise) on the cruise. I would assume there would be other single parents on the cruise, too. On the cruise that DS and I (DH was unable to go) went on last month, we met a single mom and her 6 year old son, and DS and her son hung out the last couple of days on the cruise, after they met. I'm not sure about the activities, however, from my experience from our cruise last month (a non-Disney cruise), I didn't have to pre-book DS for activities. I registered him in the cruise's "kid's club" the day we boarded the ship. However, I think you can register your child for Disney's "kid's club", once your cruise is paid in full 76 days before it leaves. However, I'm not sure. You can always call the cruise line, directly, to find out.

I booked our cruise through a travel agent and am aware of what room we will be in. However, prior to me booking through the travel agent, I did book with Disney direct (I ended up canceling that reservation and re-booking with travel agent because travel agent was giving me on board credit and Disney did not), and was still assigned a room. Look at your email and see if you have a room assignment. If not, I'm sure you can call them and they can tell you what room you're in or they can assist you with picking a room that is available in the category you paid for. I've called the cruise line several times and have asked them so many questions, and they have always been so helpful to me.

From my past experience with cruises and from the little knowledge I have about Disney cruises, I would inquire about "special" nights that they may have, so you are prepared (e.g., formal night, semi-formal night, pirate night, etc.). I think this particular cruise will have a semi-formal night and a pirate night, but, again, call them and verify. If you plan on bringing your own alcohol, call them and find out their alcohol policy. From what I was told, you can bring as many and whatever kind of alcohol you want, however, you cannot get off the ship back in Port Canaveral with no more than 2 bottles of alcohol and it cannot be opened. I would also inquire about gratuity, so you won't be caught off guard and can be prepared.

I would just make a list of questions, as they come to you, and when you feel like you have a "good" amount, call the cruise line, and have them answer your questions. At least, that's what I do lol. I hope this helps!

Hi everyone! Hubby and I just booked this cruise tonight! It will be my 3rd cruise, mine and hubby's 2nd and our first ever Disney Cruise! Previously cruised with Princess Cruise's. This is a celebration for our 10th anniversary. We are so excited! It will be just us no kids as we are doing a family trip in the summer when they are out of school. Are we still eligible to do the FE or no since we're two adults, lol? Both hubby and I are in our mid 30's. We have second seating and will be flying in from Pittsburgh. Would love to chat with you all and maybe meet up? I just requested to join the facebook page. I wish it were April already!

Howdy.
My wife and I are booked on this cruise. This is #10, all on DCL, all on the Magic. We love the ship and the staff and have met many good friends aboard. We even had our vow renewal on board with people we met on DIS boards. This is a great resource for info. Looking forward to our "platinum cruise."

:cheer2:My family and I will be going on our first cruise April 28, 2014! I would love to be involved in a FE group please let me know if one has been started. Thanks so much!

:cheer2:My family and I will be going on our first cruise April 28, 2014! I would love to be involved in a FE group please let me know if one has been started. Thanks so much!
There is a Facebook page for Disney Magic Cruise 4/28/14 that you can sign up for and it has the FE email contact!

As I was checking my list today I seem to have lost one family's email/contact info!
ROOM 7004-Becky, James, Emma, Lincoln and Titus.

PLEASE if this is your family-send me an email to cfalcon614@yahoo.com
(I have all other information for FE, I just need a current email address)

If anyone has a cabana reserved that they don't want anymore...let me know, I would love to snag one! THANKS

Hello!

I have joined this cruise. It will be my mother Jeanette and me. This cruise was my "dummy" cruise and with the new rules on how long you can keep one I just decided to take it and get it out of the way. We actually waiting to see the rest of the 2015 schedule, but after this cruise I will be Platinum!

I will be celebrating my birthday on April 30. What better way than to be on Castaway Cay :banana:

And I will send a message to join the FE group.

Debbie

:cool1:
Hello we are extremely excited as this is our first cruise. I'll be going with my 7 year old daughter, my friend and his 7 year old son.

I've been trying to find the disney cruise FB page for this specific trip. Can someone send me the link? Thanks :)

I'm preparing for our (DH, DS who will be 5 when we cruise, and I) upcoming cruise. I've been doing some research on what we're going to do when we get to Nassau. I've heard of some people getting a day pass for the Sheraton or Hilton or Atlantis. I wanted to know, what is the purpose of getting a day pass for the Sheraton or Hilton to use their beach, pools, etc.? Are there no public beaches to go to? Or are the public beaches not nice? I'm just trying to figure out what's the purpose of paying $25 per person to use the beach, pool (which will also be on the cruise), towels (which I have), and non-motorized sports (which I don't really care for), if all I want to do is go to a nice beach? I'm trying to see if there is something that I'm not understanding that would make me want to spend the money for a day pass.

Also, is Atlantis really worth the money they are charging? I've heard some people tell me to skip it, it's not worth the money and I've had some people say, you have to go to Atlantis.

Lastly, does anyone have any advice on any excursions or things to do or not do at Nassau? This will be our first time going.

Hello Everyone,

We just booked this cruise yesterday for our sons 6th Birthday Celebration. We are so excited this is our first cruise. There will be 5 of us,DH,DS7, DS6, DD3 and myself. Any tips for cruising with young kids would be great. We will be joining the FE exchange and would be interested in a meet up. :cool1:

Hi all! My family and I are booked on the Disney Magic 4-28-14. This will be our first Disney Cruise and we're so excited. I am not very familiar with how these forum groups work (fb is more my thing). I requested to join the fb group as well. It will be me, my husband and our 2 girls 11 and 13. I would love to join a fish extender group if there is one and still room available.

Ok it's booked(had to move it twice), paid for(just paid it off this morning), time off approved from our jobs, so here we go. We are so excited. I am Michelle and will be traveling with my husband Wayne, it's our first cruise, our first week long vacation together, we will be celebrating our 10th Wedding Anniversary, and Wayne's big 50. We are super excited and can't wait to get aboard. :banana:

Sooooooooo excited for our first disney cruise! Will look for fb group too, and we are interested in fe group.
I have twins who are one and a half....any tips for traveling with little ones? Should I bring a stroller or will it just be in the way?

My husband and I just booked this cruise. I had been waiting to see if the 3-night cruise following this was going to go *GT but convinced myself that a 4-night would be really nice. We are really excited! Our first Disney Cruise was at the end of January, also on the Magic (I think I might have a problem..). We stayed concierge last time but are doing a "budget" trip this time with our tax refund. We are celebrating our 2nd anniversary during the cruise. Our birthdays are right before and after the cruise, so we are kind of doing an all-in-one celebration of sorts.

Also, is Atlantis really worth the money they are charging? I've heard some people tell me to skip it, it's not worth the money and I've had some people say, you have to go to Atlantis.

Lastly, does anyone have any advice on any excursions or things to do or not do at Nassau? This will be our first time going.

Atlantis was pretty fun, but for some reason, I expected the water park to be bigger. Don't get me wrong, it IS big, but we were done with it by 1pm or so. This was in January, so the lines for any of the water slides were non-existent. It was fun but I don't think I would pay the same price again. It was more like a one-time thing for us, I think.

People on our last cruise really enjoyed the chocolate tour. At $59pp, it is expensive though. I think this time we will just walk over to Sr Frogs and spend time there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter