Magic 4 night Bahamas cruise 4-28-14

Hi :) We too are displaced cruisers from the Magic Oct 20 2013 cruise . We have cruised on Disney before ….So I know how much fun it will be :) sharon & jean marc (jm)

So the FE group is a group of people onboard who do a gift exchange. There really aren't any rules, google Fish extender or search on etsy to see the door hangers with pockets that go outside your stateroom door. Think party favors. I will give some examples of things we have received in the past. Picture frames, tote bags, cruise ship survival kits, candy, flashlights/night lights, reusable water bottles, personalized items-i.e. christmas ornaments with family name, tattoos, lots of pirate items, mini alcohol bottles, cookie cutters with recipes attached, coloring books/crayons, packaged food items, "pixie dust", and the list goes on….
Last time I did an exchange with 21 room, I gave individual gifts for each child and gave a stateroom gift of salt water taffys. The FE I was supposed to participate in on the 10/20 cruise, I was giving one gift bag per room with a "kit" inside.(35 rooms).
In any event, I won't lie, it is quite a lot of work secondary to what you are going to give, ages of children involved and allergy info. But I can say that my children were positively thrilled coming back to their stateroom to see what "surprises" were in their fish extender, and that alone is enough to have me do it over and over again.
SO in any event, now that I have some experience with this, I am completely willing to put together the master FE list and coordinate it for any families who want to participate.

Can I do this FE?

If no one has any objection I will start to put together the master FE list for those interested in participating.

Information I need:
Number of people in stateroom
Names/ages/gender
Stateroom number if known
Allergy info

Please email me at cfalcon614@yahoo.com
Thanks all!

Sorry, I also meant to add, you can PM me on disboards with the FE information as well, I just don't check it as often.
Thanks,
Christine

Hi, we are on this cruise as well. My family consist of me (Alison), my husband Jason, our son Chase (5) and daughter (3)! We are super excited. We are also traveling with our best friends, the Smart family! They have cruised Disney before on the Magic but this is our first time. We are following our cruise with a 6night Disney World vacation. This is our once or twice in a lifetime trip!

I have joined the FB page and would love to be on the FE as well!

Looking forward to chatting with and meeting some of you.

Alison

So, regarding the FE, we buy a gift for each person or each stateroom that is apart of the FE? So, if there are 25 staterooms that are participating in the FE, then we buy 25 gifts? Or is each family/stateroom only exchanging gifts with one family/stateroom?

OK so we are also going on tis cruise but my husband and kids do not know. My plan is I ordered the cruise DVD and I am wrapping it to give them for Christmas so I can't join the Facebook page just yet. Dh thinks I am planning a wdw vacation but it has been ten years since we cruisedand first time for kids dd7 ds4 I am soooooo excited and have to keep it to myself!!!! Also looking forward to doing fishextender

So, regarding the FE, we buy a gift for each person or each stateroom that is apart of the FE? So, if there are 25 staterooms that are participating in the FE, then we buy 25 gifts? Or is each family/stateroom only exchanging gifts with one family/stateroom?

Kade,
There aren't any rules. However you want to do it is fine. A lot of people hand make things too(I'm no Martha Stewart so don't expect any sewn mickeys from me)lol.
Christine

Sorry I replied wrong. Read your post too quickly.(long day with teething baby)

If 25 families participate then yes you are exchanging gifts with 25 families. Now if you want to give one gift per stateroom or individual gifts for adults/kids or just kids that is entirely up to you.

Sorry I replied wrong. Read your post too quickly.(long day with teething baby)

If 25 families participate then yes you are exchanging gifts with 25 families. Now if you want to give one gift per stateroom or individual gifts for adults/kids or just kids that is entirely up to you.

Thanks a lot for the explanation. It makes sense to me now.

Hi all! We are booked on this cruise also. We were booked on the Fantasy for May 2014 but had to move it due to a scheduling conflict.

We are a family of four with two boys that will both be 11 when we sail. We probably will not take part in the FE exchange but would love to do a meet. :goodvibes

Hello my family of four me and hubby , dd 4 and dd 5 will be on the cruise as well.. this will be our first time cruising we are soooo excited. I think I would be interested in the FE ...

Hello my family will be on this cruise along with my best friend and her children. Myself & my husband with our 3 children. My friend and her two children. This is my 7th DCL cruise and my friends first DCL cruise. So excited! Will also be celebrating my bday on board!

I am so excited for this trip I was going to surprise dh dd6 and ds4 for Christmas but dh brought it up and was like what do you think if we go this year and I said what if I told you I already have a room booked ...so now I am just going to surprise kids I have been showing them videos online because they had no idea what a cruise was and I want to make sure they are excited the idea of ordering mickey bars whenever they want is mind blowing lol kids are easy to please

We have finalized our booking today!
I have three kids who will be 7, 4 (although turning 5 on May 6 so we will celebrate her birthday onboard) and a 6 month old (She will be 1 month old in 2 days).
We are coming from South Africa (Although I am originally from Los Angeles California)
Can't wait to join the FE ! I am emailing our details now.

I'm new to this. I want to be a part of the FE for this cruise. My family and brothers family are coming on the cruise along with our parents to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary. There are 5 kids total. Someone let me know what I need to do. Thanks!

Hello all! We are so excited for our first Disney cruise. I've been reading up on the FE idea, sounds like fun! We would love to be involved! Any tips and tricks that all of you experienced Disney cruisers have would be helpful!

We are going on our first Disney Cruise!! We are so excited..it will be my husband, my 10 year old daughter (celebrating a birthday), 6 year old daughter, 2 year old son, and myself (celebrating a birthday). I have heard so much about the fish extender thing and was wanting to see if anyone knew of one for our cruise. It sounds like so much fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter